F1 a bore | Page 2 | FerrariChat

F1 a bore

Discussion in 'F1' started by ginoBBi512, Apr 15, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    +1 Absolutely. The auto manufacturers need to strongly assert this, the public is largely unaware of it.

daytona355 and william like this.
  2. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Thanks for posting this, I enjoyed reading his manifesto. I see him in a few weeks, I'll make sure to thank him.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

jgonzalesm6 likes this.
  3. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    Well, they tried to modernize it with stupid hybrid engines, and silly aeros...what can we expect. Go back to really basics, and i am sure we will see some good battles.

daytona355 and classic308 like this.
  4. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

I like some of the old school ideas, but it is F1 and spec racing is even worse(same brakes, tub, ect)

I don't have answers, but I also have lost some of my enthusiasm for F1. The most exciting day for me is qualifing and then I watch the first few laps to see if there is anyone who has a great start.

My biggest hate is the DRS systems and its function to create a false narrative that one driver is overtaking another, like me bragging I beat a guy in a pinto in my hellcat at the dragstrip. Yawn.

lorenzobandini likes this.
  5. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    Clarkson on F1. Note: Typical Clarkson profanity.

6. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Mods must be luvving this LOL .

He does have a few good points though.:D

william likes this.
  7. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    #32 635CSI, Jul 22, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2019
    He is right, sad that in Britain on a summer Sunday with a British driver in for the win, with C4 free to watch coverage , the GP was a distant third as a sporting event. Even for many F1 fans. Including a Ferrari fan like me. Yes I enjoyed watching Charles and Max but I need more to set aside a Sunday afternoon.

william likes this.
  8. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I didn’t even watch a replay this year, first one I’ve missed since 1975, and I didn’t even think about it. (It helped having to drive hot girls in very little around the property while my Mrs opened her new salon!, I even offered to do the spray tans provided they agreed with me that ‘all over’ beats tan lines hands down)

Forza Ferrari..... the only racing team and car marque that matters. Italia forever It’s easier to apologise than it is to ask permission

Bas likes this.
  9. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    just to be clear, I am not Jeremy Clarkson.

daytona355 likes this.
  10. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    It got about 10 sec coverage on the news. Cricket and tennis 5 mins + each

daytona355 and william like this.
  11. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    . . . . in the meantime, Redskins training camp opens this week.

12. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

For the average Brit, cricket and tennis are easy to understand.
    F1 is too complex to understand, so it doesn't catch a big audience.

13. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    I think Clarkson is a ******. His suggestions haven't a snowballs chance in hell of coming to fruition.

Seriously, this guy just likes to hear himself spout off after downing a few pints . . .

dflett and fer312t like this.
  14. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Don't we all?
    But Clarkson is a good reflector of the feelings of the "car guy/girl on the street" who is losing interest with Formula One.
    2021 and the new regs are going to be make or break for F1.
    Ground effects, simpler wings, less dreadful tires, dropping poor tracks..we need it all

15. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Really? The car that crosses the line won, the rest lost.... isn’t too hard, even for the average Brit I’d say. Now cricket, that’s tough to understand how anyone can put up with the boredom of a game that lasts for days at a time, and can end in a draw despite the scores being unequal..... tennis, what’s all this 15 luv rubbish, it’s 1-0, then 2-0 etc.... only good thing about the tennis is the 20-something girls in short dresses running around getting hot and flustered, kinda like when they come to my house and get chased around! Heheehe

16. cmos

cmos Formula Junior

Sep 13, 2004
    USA
    Full Name:
    Johny English
    Images of Benny Hill in my mind :) Cue the music and speeded up film...

daytona355 likes this.
  17. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    It’s exactly like that around here somewhere..... stockings and suspenders everywhere!

18. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Sid's Angels LOL:D

daytona355 likes this.
  19. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    But Napoleon Todt thinks refueling and spec body work will just the snap! He has a Balestre complex.....

375+, Bas and daytona355 like this.
  20. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Now if I could do it like this, I’d be with Elton and make music my world!!!!!!!!! Almost had another coronary watching that!

Forza Ferrari..... the only racing team and car marque that matters. Italia forever It’s easier to apologise than it is to ask permission

Ferrari 308 GTB likes this.
  21. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    I've been saying it for years that F-1 is too Restrictive. IF they would open up the rules and allow a wide array of power units and fuel types then I think you could have interesting racing again. the F-1 Car has to be dangerous. right now its simply too safe & predictable. everyone is driving flat out all the time and its does not look great or sound great. multi cyl, engines, hybrids fulecells, electric, turbine etc... all that could make for an interesting sport. Put a limit on output, and G's generated through the driver and let them at it.

• No more than 1500 BHP
    • moveable aero ok
    • ground effects ok
    • no more than 6 G laterally or longitude at any point in time on the driver.
    • safety cell is mandatory ( halo concept etc.. .)
    • Unlimited fuel of your choice
    • Unlimited wheel configuration
    • Driver has to be in control of the car at all times - no two way telemetry or driver feedback
    • active suspension, ABS, etc... all available
    • Min weight is 1000lbs.
    • Ceramics, exotic materials ok
    • Teams can run up to 3 cars with multiple liveries.
    • Re fueling is ok
    • tire changes ok - l like the mandatory use of two compounds
    • unlimited testing - but that has to be done in season at current race tracks, and has to be open to public
    • open development of cars through the year ok, but you have to have points deducted for every modification you make ( start with 1000 points - team that ends up at the end of the year with most points gets to add a race win total to official points total for both driver and constructors.
    • Race tracks around the world can apply to be part of 20 race calendar - all tracks that will participate are picked by the winner of the event from a random lottery type machine - that adds up to the tracks that will be visited the following year. you could have some countries with multiple races and some with none....

22. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    #47 william, Jul 23, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2019

I'm not against it, but I am afraid F1 would simply become an engineering championship with little imput from the drivers.

I would be in favour of a new GP format, with several short races instead of just one, a bit like the Race of Champions.
    What about splitting the grid at random into 4 groups, and having several elimination races, quarter finals, semi finals and a final?
    Each race would maximum 30 mins. That way the public could see several starts and more exiting races.

23. cairns

cairns Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2003
    Potomac MD
    Full Name:
    George Williams
    Another F1 is boring thread. By those who watch it like an opium addiction. Not saying it can't be improved (for God's sake let's bring back the grid girls) but this is first world whining of a major order.

My pool heater is broken. Oh my.

TexasF355F1 likes this.
  24. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    What is there to understand? 1st one across the finish line is the winner.

25. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    Mauro Forghieri said back in the 90s, the sport is suffocated by over-regulation.

635CSI and daytona355 like this.