Vettel plans to retire at the end of 2019 | Page 16 | FerrariChat

Vettel plans to retire at the end of 2019

Discussion in 'F1' started by 444sp, May 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Peter Tabmow

Peter Tabmow Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2010
    I would never claim to be any kind of 'sage' or 'guru' bestride the F1 heavens. I can't prove it without violating an NDA, but it's simply a fact that I was a lot closer to this particular situation than you could possibly have been given the positioning of your claims. You seem to have been caught out showing off here and are evidently having some difficulty coping with that, which is sad.

2. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Well, Peter, I seem to recognise the name, and I’m pretty sure my memory isn’t playing tricks when I think you worked with Renault in the mid 2000s, and we met when I was hanging around the paddock with a couple of girls, one of whom worked quite closely with Alonso I think youve probably worked at various teams like everyone in f1. Since you have to keep your confidence agreement, you aren’t able to confirm any information I could bring to the table here, so I won’t ask you too. However, oil burning in f1 was occurring before you stated, and the FIA attempted to control it with the engine revisions that Mercedes worked around in 2017, resulting in their oil supply, and therefore, power boost, remaining in excess of the new limits while the rest of the teams taking advantage of the loopholes were honest enough to adhere to the rules. Even sky were reporting on Mercedes and their suspected system by race three in 2017, connected to the various engine modes reported over pit radio. The rest of the grid were not burning at that time, but were quickly onto the fix

Forza Ferrari..... the only racing team and car marque that matters. Italia forever It’s easier to apologise than it is to ask permission

3. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Mostly depending in which country you live, to avoid the attention of the taxman !!

4. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak

The taxman isn’t interested in what you drive, he will mug you for your hard earned wages regardless of how poor you pretend to be these days.... vultures the lot of em. Good reason to avoid facebook and the like, because they will use your social media against you, just like the cops, another set of self serving lazy gits

5. Peter Tabmow

Nov 10, 2010
    #380 Peter Tabmow, Jul 22, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2019
    Nope, Peter Tabmow is just my screen name... speaking of which, are you using your real name? I only ask because 'Sid Korshak' happened to be the name of a favourite Mafia lawyer/fixer over the course of several decades....

6. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Are you sure? There is a Peter Tabmow that is/was involved in F1 for a while, which is the guy I met (among a group of people, but the name is different enough from my point of view to be memorable). I’ll ask around when I have the chance and confirm that the other guy has that name, so I know I’m not having a seizure! Bit unlucky to pick a pseudonym for a forum on f1 that happens to be someone in/previously in the sport, and also to be the bearer of knowledge about a high level FIA investigation to boot. Has to be a bit difficult to stay schtum on things like that, with all the speculation that happens, especially here with the knowledgable tifosi that frequent it

Shame, I was hoping you might remember the brunettes name I was with back then, she was a grid girl essentially, but also went around a lot with Alonso and his people. That weekend she has had to go and get mobile phones for some of his friends from a sponsor, it’s why it sticks in the memory. She had a great... erm.... chassis! I remember the form, and a particular pair of shoes she wore, but not the name - how sick am I!

stavura, 375+ and Bas like this.
  7. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak

Sorry, missed this bit.... yep, I chose Sid korshak as I have a fascination of LCN in the USA and in my mums native Sicily, and with the Chicago Outfit, for whom Sid was one of the leading attorneys, involved with many of their greatest achievements and take overs, especially the Outfits escapades in Las Vegas

375+ likes this.
  8. Peter Tabmow

Nov 10, 2010
    Then I hope you'll enjoy this, if you haven't seen it before: https://www.vanityfair.com/news/1997/04/The-Man-Who-Kept-The-Secrets

375+ likes this.
  9. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Thanks for finding that... very nice piece. The book ‘SuperMob’ is rather long, but it is a very good synopsis of Sidney’s life and times, with cameos by all of the most influential mobsters and politicians of the 20th century. I’m fascinated by the mob and it’s effect on the world since it’s inception, and the difference between the true Sicilian version and Lucky’s modernised ‘boardroom’ plans for the mob in the 1920’s and 30’s. It’s amazing that many of the events that are so mainstream were either influenced or carried out surreptitiously behind the scenes by the Mob, and in fact, the USA might arguably not be such a fantastic country today without the acceleration the mob provided on its culture, and provided by the battle to suppress them.

10. Peter Tabmow

Nov 10, 2010
    #385 Peter Tabmow, Jul 23, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2019
    Issues of morality aside, I'd agree there's no question the mob – even in its evolution from a purely Sicilian to multi-ethnic enterprise – both reflected and contributed greatly to the dynamism of American society. And I can assure you Peter Tabmow is just a screen name... as a clever FChatter twigged a while ago, Tabmow = Wombat backwards.

11. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak

Depends on the morality I agree, some of what they did was only making money, and avoiding taxation, which is the dream of many. Obviously the clipping and fires that went alongside things sometimes wasn’t great! Hollywood is what it is because if the mob, and Vegas needed the mob to become what it is today, the Howard Hughes interlude when they retreated off strip was almost a gift, and enabled the city to really make the next big step to become what it is today, and my favourite place on Earth! Imagine how clever an idea it was to put in place window tax in a city (New York) building skyscrapers - that idea alone made the mob a small fortune, as did the gasoline scam they cooped with Russian mobsters (Franzese and co)

They certainly gave people what they wanted - gambling, girls, alcohol...... unfortunately it ended up including drugs and too much violence, but it’s the 1990’s vintage onwards that has really turned the Mob from secret benefactors into a true public enemy. At one time, you got the chance to be hurt mainly if you were a member or dealing with members and you ****ed up or cheated.... now with drugs involved, the time served is massive so they take way more chances and reek far more havoc if cornered.

One only has to look at the ties to politicians provincial and national, right up to presidents, to measure their success in building businesses and making money. Although I believe he never actually uttered the phrase he is quoted as saying ‘we are bigger than US Steel’, for Meyer Lansky and co, the sentiment rang true in the heyday. The Sicilian mafia is still a big force multinationally, with its controlling interests in banks and politics across the world, but it is mainly reliant on drug profits to function, which is a far cry from its beginnings. I think the US version has shrunk quite a bit, with the assaults of the FBI and law enforcement proving difficult to fight when they started using RICO, making it a crime to associate, let alone do anything!

Even the big fashion houses used them to create the need for branded clothing, and to meet that need at a more entry level cost -
    You have the offshoots such as Neapolitan Camorra clans and n’hangdreta who ran sweatshops copying the designs of Gucci and the likes to supply counterfeit, even opening stores selling the fake goods, which then got those designers noticed more and more, and helped add to the demand for the legitimate goods. Very very clever people involved in LCN