After Market upgrades for GTC4 Lusso. Why is there only Novitec? | FerrariChat

After Market upgrades for GTC4 Lusso. Why is there only Novitec?

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by Mickey Bharat, Jul 22, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mickey Bharat

Mickey Bharat Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 4, 2019
    Cotati, California
    Full Name:
    Mickey Bharat
    What’s interesting is the number of GTC4 Lusso sales, including myself, and people buying cars which dealers have on the showroom floor. When I took delivery of my Lusso, it was not any where near how I would like it to look to drive it every day. It’s been 4 weeks since I took delivery and it’s been a hard task to find after market upgrades other than Novitec for carbon add ons. I dot want to pile a ton of money into a car which is heavily depreciating.
    Does anyone know of other after market carbon which does not cost the same as Novitec?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. lamborarri

lamborarri Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2015
    The market is not strong enough. Other companies rather making or copying parts for 458, 488, F12 etc. I think once the price come down more, we will see some other options.

3. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    are you saying you like what novitec offers but dont want to pay their prices or are you saying you dont like what they offer?
    they are pretty much only game in town for body pieces and 1 or 2 other companies make exhaust parts.

4. Mickey Bharat

Mickey Bharat Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 4, 2019
    Cotati, California
    Full Name:
    Mickey Bharat
    I guess there are two things. I like what Novitec offer but I won’t get a any financial benefit by spending that much on a GTC4LUSSO. In addition it would be great to have a few other options.
    On the exhaust front there is some choice, Kline, Capristo, Novitec.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

5. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    I believe that adding any aftermarket parts to a Ferrari is unlikely to bring any financial benefits.

The only exception could be carbon that looks like factory carbon but costs less.

"Sports" exhausts, aftermarket wheels and so on are just ways of burning cash.
    Doesn't make them bad things and its a free country, but never ever dispose of the OEM parts.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  6. Mickey Bharat

Mickey Bharat Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 4, 2019
    Cotati, California
    Full Name:
    Mickey Bharat
  7. obbob

obbob Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2017
    Go with Kline for exhausts. They tend to have similar designs as Novitec and thus the same sound profiles.

IPE, FI, and the other Asian brands tend to go their own direction.

For carbon, Darwin Pro and Capristo sometimes make parts for exotics. It's becoming more rare because aftermarket carbon is such a small market for Ferrari. Most look like ricer boys. Novitec usually has the classiest designs, but their prices are outrageous. Also, they use 2x2 carbon weave which means it won't match the OEM carbon fiber.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  8. gilly6993

gilly6993 Formula 3

Aug 20, 2009
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I love my Lusso. And I knew getting into it that it will plummet in value whether I drive it, look at it, modify it, leave it stock, etc. I put a full Kline on knowing I get zero dollars back. Worth every penny. Not into the carbon stuff but if I was I would buy it because I like it, not because of the ROI....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  9. Mickey Bharat

Mickey Bharat Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 4, 2019
    Cotati, California
    Full Name:
    Mickey Bharat
    James Clooney and uhn2000 like this.