For Sale - 05 Ferrari F430 Berlinetta F1- Rosso Corsa | FerrariChat

For Sale 05 Ferrari F430 Berlinetta F1- Rosso Corsa

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by Steven D Hurley, Jul 11, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Steven D Hurley

Aug 28, 2018
    Full Name:
    Steven D Hurley
    2005 Ferrari F430 Berlinetta F1 Coupe. Red with black interior (the best color combo!) 52k miles, new clutch, fully inspected, and just service by Roselli in San Jose excellent condition inside and out. Clean title on hand.

call/txt/email

Steven
    412-419-5503
    [email protected]
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

VAF84 likes this.
  2. Steven D Hurley

Aug 28, 2018
    Full Name:
    Steven D Hurley
  3. fboutlaw

fboutlaw Karting

Dec 3, 2014
    Woodside, CA
    Because you mentioned Roselli's and have a more than fair price on this car... what aren't you telling us? What's the story on this car?

dr_rob likes this.
  4. Steven D Hurley

Aug 28, 2018
    Full Name:
    Steven D Hurley
    Strange question... I assessed the used car market and availability for the F430's and ascertained that 80-85k was a fair asking price for the year and milage.

Not sure what kind of story you are looking for; a bedtime story perhaps?

Sent from my SM-G975U using FerrariChat.com mobile app

5. APA#1

APA#1 Formula 3

Nov 5, 2003
    Central Florida
    I think you priced it INTELLIGENTLY!! GLWS

VAF84 and I'm 360 Canuck like this.
  6. dr_rob

dr_rob Karting

Oct 8, 2008
    Sacramento
    Full Name:
    Rob
    #6 dr_rob, Jul 23, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2019
    EDIT: Never mind. Simple VIN search yielded all I needed to know.

Ownership Doc State CALIFORNIA
    Ownership Doc State SALVAGE CERTIFICATE
    Odometer 33,796 ACTUAL
    Primary Damage Vandalism
    VIN ZFFEW58A150141067

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/posts/142967406/

It's right where I'm looking, and I'm just up the road too! Keen for a driver, not a garage queen.

Interested to know a bit more.

I've emailed you but I suppose if you answer here then you might not get the same questions time after time.

Your ad says fresh clutch, but the service invoice from Roselli's is dated 2016 and 41k miles. What services and maintenance has happened since then?

Previous owners, always a California car, any repainting?

Headers replaced?

How much seepage are you getting from the valve covers?

What are the factory options, aftermarket stuff?

Did you change the tacho face (yellow in one picture, red in another)?

Keys, covers, torch, manuals?

Who did the stereo install, what can that stereo do (bluetooth audio, CarPlay), does the screen fold away - it's huge.

Appreciate the info, and best of luck with the sale.

Rob.

7. Steven D Hurley

Aug 28, 2018
    Full Name:
    Steven D Hurley
    That post is inaccurate. It is, and always has been a clean title. It was never salvaged.

To answer the rest of your questions:

Thanks for reaching out. Yeah, local sales are always the easiest. It's a great feeling to get the keys and title, then drive home.

In regards to the other f430, I'm honestly not a fan of the challenge wheels or the carbon fiber interior. I prefer the original style. But to each their own.

Yes, the new clutch has about 10k miles on it. I've had motor mounts, fluid changes, new tires, new Mass Air Flow sensors, and a few other minor things done to it recently.

8 previous owners which is about average for the year. Clean Title (NOT SALVAGE). West coast car.

I've recently had the bumpers and hood repainted due to some minor rock chips and scratches.

Yes, the headers have been replaced, and there is very very minor seepage from the driver side valve cover gasket. I've read that simply re-torking the bolts can rectify the issue.

Mostly stock, but it does have the Scuderia carbon fiber front bumper diffuser.

The entire circuit board was replaced on the tachometer by a company in LA via Roselli. Evidently it is a common failure and an expensive fix, but I got it done already.

2 keys, OEM car cover, all factory manuals.

An audio shop in Oakland did the radio. It does Bluetooth, apple car play, Android auto, wifi, internet, watch live TV and pretty much everything. It's basically an iPad. And yes, the screen easily detaches. I have the stock radio still too.

Please let me know if you have any more questions and if you wanna set up a test drive.

Sent from my SM-G975U using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Caeruleus11 and of2worlds like this.
  8. efg2014

efg2014 Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2014
    Northern California
    Looks likes the front bumper has the guards installed. The guards protect the bumper from cracking. By guards I mean the black plastic pieces installed under the bumper.

9. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    The common term is "skid plates".

10. AdWassi

AdWassi Karting

Jul 3, 2019
    California
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Beautiful car!
    Im new here, but been browsing the classified for a while now, Im in the market for an F430.
    Is the car still available?
    Has it been garaged?
    You say it was recently serviced... the receipt in the photos is from 2016?

Are you now located in the Bay Area? I noticed your email is San Diego and Im in San Diego :)

Thanks!

11. Steven D Hurley

Aug 28, 2018
    Full Name:
    Steven D Hurley
    Hey Adam,

Yes the car is still available. It has been serviced in the past 3 months, I just haven't uploaded all of the receipts to that Google Doc. Yes, it's been garaged for my year of ownership, and by the previous owner. I can't speak for the people before that. I am assuming so, based on the great condition.

Yes, I live in San Francisco now, but I went to the University of San Diego, hence the email address. It's a beautiful drive from SF to SD lol.

12. dr_rob

dr_rob Karting

Oct 8, 2008
    Sacramento
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Hey Steven

Thanks for answering all my questions, and for the clarification with regards to the Salvage Title. That's an unfortunate thing to come up on a google search! Are the photos on that post of your car? The registration plate is the same, hence why I ask. Looks like some damage to the front left panel, bumper and roof. Do you know anything about the history behind that?

What headers did you end up going with? Some people opt for the Gen2 OEM and some go for aftermarket.

Which color tachometer is currently installed?

Cheers

Rob

13. Steven D Hurley

Aug 28, 2018
    Full Name:
    Steven D Hurley
    #13 Steven D Hurley, Jul 24, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2019
    The photo's in that post aren't mine, so I'm honestly not sure how things got mixed up. I've tried searching my VIN on all of the auction websites to no avail. I even contacted Copart and AutoBidMaster directly and both places have no record of my car. So I dunno how that happened. I ran the CarFax and other vin check services and they all came back clean.

I'm not sure which headers were installed. They were replaced by a previous owner. They are OEM though. The tachometer is currently Red.

14. AdWassi

AdWassi Karting

Jul 3, 2019
    California
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Thanks for answering all my questions quickly Steven much appreciated

HA yeah thats one quick way to rack up some good mileage :)

I guess like the other poster the questionable VIN may be an issue here. Do you have a Carfax link to post maybe?

Whats the age of the tires?

Thanks again!

15. Steven D Hurley

Aug 28, 2018
    Full Name:
    Steven D Hurley
    I uploaded the carfax, and the tire receipts. The tires are about 3 months old.

Link to all pics:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1RNKzTC53LaGx9Pyi01lHZyCIBVWekfwq?usp=sharing

AdWassi likes this.
  16. flat_plane_eddie

flat_plane_eddie F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    There's a lot of bs sites that show up when you search for a VIN and they show a crashed car but not the same one. Always search for the VIN again once the site is opened up. Just mentioning that in case some are confused by previous comments.

17. Steven D Hurley

Aug 28, 2018
    Full Name:
    Steven D Hurley
  18. AdWassi

AdWassi Karting

Jul 3, 2019
    California
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Steven D Hurley likes this.
  19. sakodik

sakodik Karting

Jun 2, 2016
    Santa Clara
    Full Name:
    Dan
    The photos aren't yours but that is the same car right? The photos on that thread says yes (same plate and some mods).

I saw this car for sale around 3/4th quarter last year for sale by the now defunct Hanin Motor Group in San Jose. Side note, I know carfax came out clean but theres clearly some damages on copart thread. I haven't ran my own car's vin yet but if it shows clean no accident, I personally know that is a lie on my car.

20. zone1

zone1 Rookie

Feb 9, 2018
    SF Bay
  21. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    Caeruleus11, Thecadster, DEPZ and 4 others like this.
  22. Purch23

Purch23 Karting

Jul 2, 2019
    CT
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Hahaha
    Shady

Formula Uno likes this.
  23. brookliner7

brookliner7 Formula Junior

May 5, 2018
    San Antonio, TX
    Full Name:
    Hans

I feel there needs to be some explanation for the damage in those pictures,
    that appears to be the same car with the same license plate, the same tachometer red gauge.
    Who did you purchase the car from and did they disclose it had damage and been repaired?

Your eBay ad stated...

History
    Purchased 1 year ago from a dealership in San Jose, CA.

Recent Maintenance
    • Newer Clutch, Throwout bearing, F1 Reservoir, F1 Electric Motor, F1 Relay
    • New Motor Mounts
    • New Cluster Gauge
    • New MAF's
    • Battery Bosch 07/2018
    • Recent oil change
    • New engine air filters
    • New cabin air filter
    • Tires are 3 month old Michelin Pilot Sport 4s
    • Refinished the front and rear bumper due to stone chips

bumpers Repaired for stone chips?

DMB80 likes this.
  24. sakodik

sakodik Karting

Jun 2, 2016
    Santa Clara
    Full Name:
    Dan
    Not my car :)

25. brookliner7

brookliner7 Formula Junior

May 5, 2018
    San Antonio, TX
    Full Name:
    Hans
    Never thought it was. I was just quoting you to agree with you for context.

Guess the seller is Mia all of a sudden...