Who should replace Vettel? | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Who should replace Vettel?

Discussion in 'F1' started by Flavio_C, Jul 16, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Who should replace Vettel?

1. Alonso

2. Rosberg

3. Button

4. Barrichello

5. Other (please mention)

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Because he’s fearless, and well known as one of the best overtakes on the grid. Elton has been flattered by the car, he wasn’t so impressive in a level two McLaren as Ricci in a level 2 red bull. You are entitled to your opinion as I am to mine, doesnt make either of us wrong (well, of course you are, but I’m playing nice hahahahaha). — just to be clear, these bracketed last words are a JOKE, I know how difficult people find it to identify them around here!

2. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Ricci is a no brainer. Best driver out there imho. Quick smart and clean.

jmillard308, stavura, TonyL and 2 others like this.
  3. NZCREW

NZCREW Karting

Nov 20, 2018
    (1) Ferrari F1 team management and strategists need to sort themselves out. (2) Leclerc is driving well and should remain (#1 driver or not). (3) Ferrari focus on winning the Constructor's Championship first and to do that they need two #1 drivers, not a 1 & 2. (3) Alonso (if he did agree to return) would provide the experience to help with management issues, provide leadership and mentoring to Leclerc, and be a second #1 driver for the team. Best chance of winning both world championships.

daytona355 likes this.
  4. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    If only they’d play the Sex Pistols version just once . . .

TonyL likes this.
  5. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    :)Oh yes please, I would settle for that as well

6. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    I am rather surprised that Lewis did not record his own version by now, maybe a special RAP-version :D
    Because music is his life... or was it fashion? I don´t remember these days ;)

stavura, daytona355 and TonyL like this.
  7. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Very strange argument considering Ricci outscoring a 4x WDC at Red Bull....

daytona355 likes this.
  8. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Interesting approach but as I have said many times on this forum no team in history has ever serviced two No 1 drivers successfully, even Mercedes as dominant as they are favour LH.

Alonso is a great driver for himself, again I don't know the guy, but to me every team he has been in has always been in turmoil. Drivers by their nature are selfish and want all the attention a team can give them so two No 1's will not work imo.

Ricciardo would be the best choice but that's just my point of view. He could fail miserably as can be seen by many who went to SF full of hope and left with nothing.

Why not adopt a strategy of two No 2 drivers, both young and spirited, such as CL / DR and build a strong team around them, employ someone experienced in racing / man management to guide both through the championship. Eventually that will fail as the winner will then be no 1 !!!

Best

Tony

9. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Whichever way the wind blows, LH will follow it!!

SimCity3, stavura and daytona355 like this.
  10. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    and a likeable cool guy as well

classic308 and daytona355 like this.
  11. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Ahhh, but that’s because the Ricci besting Vettel argument can only be used to denigrate Sebastian, as you know, you aren’t allowed to use it to have a go at Elton, that would be an unfair use of the facts Pete! Remember where you are posting man! Hehehe

P.Singhof likes this.
  12. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Are we talking about the same Ricci who got beat by Kvyat? If so are you placing Kvyat as a top driver? He also got beat by Max, i like Ricci but i wouldn't say he is the best out there. He did beat Vettel, which was impressive

13. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

and Mexico has the best F1 fans in the world...

no Germany...

no, Japan....

14. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    Let's put some logic here:

- Hamilton has 5 WDCs
    - Vettel has 4 WDCs
    - Ricciardo has 0 WDCs

So on paper: Ham > Vet > Ric

BUT when confronted head on in the same car, Ric beat Vettel fair and square, so Ric > Vet. Therefore we can confidently say Ham > Ric > Vet

Thus I'm still completely confused on how you guys came into the conclusion that Ric > Ham. Comparing their careers before F1, Ham simply destroys Ric by a extremely long margin.

Again, please show some FACTS that will lead to conclude that Ric is better than Ham.

blkfxstc and ktu like this.
  15. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Vet/Ham did similar in junior categories. Hamilton with full Mclaren support and best everything.

Therefore it seems to be if Ric is better than Vettel, then he must also on par or better than Hamilton.

Verstappen beat Ricciardo completely last year....so that makes him top dog.

;)

stavura, SimCity3 and daytona355 like this.
  16. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    So you just gonna sweep Ricci getting beat by Kvyat under the rug?
    Also how can you say Ricci or Verstappen is good when you all mention the car does 90% of the job now?

17. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Vettel beat the whole ****ing field from 2010 thru 2013, including Elton. I’d say he is on a par given the car that Elton has... in fact, Vettel managed to win in a dogshit car, which Elton has never had to drive because of uncle Ron, so let’s get really stupid and say Vettel, ham, Ricci. Then we say hold on, Maxine beat ricci, who beat Vettel, so actually max, Ricci, Vettel, ham... see how easy it is to make up ********?

stavura, TonyL and SimCity3 like this.
  18. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Everybody is different, but I suspect Vettel is not as good when it's obvious he is in a car that cannot win. It was clearly the case when Ricciardo beat him, and Leclerc challenges him this year in the same conditions.
    When he knows the car allows him to really compete, he does the right things.

daytona355 and william like this.
  19. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    So by your logic Kvyat is above Vettel and Ricci and possibly Max?

20. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Lets put some perspective on this - Who should replace Vettel, if SF can resurrect their cars performance then I would keep him [on probation].

But SF need someone who can pull the team together, give it confidence and breathing space to make the right decisions, not the wrong ones whilst under pressure. Vettel is not helping by his actions.

Hamilton would not drag SF up to top position and isn't the person imho to do the job. He likes his dinner served to him, not to cook it himself!

DR would jump at the chance of joining SF, would he be the right person, I think he can together with CL.

Comparing drivers to different campaigns, cars etc etc doesn't stack up to place anyone on the top step, all have the qualities given the right circumstances & can be top cat but can they work as a team.

Tony

21. ChadR

ChadR Karting

Jun 19, 2019
    Central Florida
    Full Name:
    Taj B
    With those choices, might as well put me in and see how they do.

TonyL likes this.
  22. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    #148 daytona355, Jul 23, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2019
    If I wanted to be like you and play devils advocate, I could agree and say yes, but danil hasn’t kept up any of his early form, he blew it, whereas the rest consistently performed.

Elton hasn’t proved anything other than he can make the most of the best car by a second a lap on the grid, nothing more, and Seb has done that before as well, it’s just that the red bull couldn’t switch to the new regs, otherwise he could have been a 9-time champ by now. Ricci has proven to be the best overtaker on the grid after Maxine, so I would bet that given the same equipment, ricci and Maxine would blow past Elton like he wasn’t there, unless of course he reverts to type when he isn’t fastest out there and starts crashing into everyone, as per his reputation 2009 to 2013

Oh, and before anyone claims this post is some sort of evil one that needs reporting, i have stated facts backed by f1 own statistics. I have not attacked anyone, nor poured scorn on anyone. Elton is fair game in a conversation about who is the best driver, and who is the best overtaker, and who should partner who in current f1 teams, so please don’t attempt to divorce him from the earlier conversations in order to try to make any reports

Forza Ferrari..... the only racing team and car marque that matters. Italia forever It’s easier to apologise than it is to ask permission

23. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    How can we "confidently" say HAM>RIC when they never sat in the same car???
    You are talking about "facts" when at the end you just come around with your opinion!!!
    Before Vet and RIC sat in the same car everybody would have said Vet is better than RIC because he won 4x WDC but it was wrong and you make EXACTLY the same assumption with Lewis.... nothing more than an assumption!!!

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

daytona355 and ktu like this.
  24. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    Vettel & Hamilton did similar in junior categories? You're completely misinformed. Vettel won Formula BMW, comparable to Formula Renault, and that's it. In the 90s and the 2000s the most competitive formula championship was the British F3, followed by Euro F3, GP2, and Renault 3.5. Vettel never won any of these championships whereas Ham won them all.

But I agree with you that Verstappen is the top dog.

Bas and ktu like this.