NFL 2019 | Page 24 | FerrariChat

NFL 2019

Discussion in 'Sports' started by tomc, Feb 6, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Nor the Pats.

2. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Yes, listen to the audio. His GF says "he (3 year old son) is terrified of you". Hill replies, "you need to be terrified of me".

Nothing to see here folks, Roger says to move along.

3. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    That's the edited version.

They way the unedited version was described by Clint Stoerner was that it makes you question the girlfriends role in all of his troubles.

4. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    This guy seems to be routinely in trouble. His girlfriend seems to be involved in most of these incidents. He may need to look for a new squeeze before he does something where his talent won't earn him a free pass...T

5. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    Redskins fan here. I love our defense, but QB is a huge question mark. I'm not going to predict a division championship, just a winning record.

Thoughts?

6. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    HTTR! :D

Gonna be tough to have a winning record with 2 losses to America's Team! ;)
    And, I am sure Keith will confirm 2 losses to the Iggs!
    Just kidding. Welcome to the thread.

I think the other major unknown for 'skins will be health. As I recall, they were chugging along nicely, but were decimated by injuries, above & beyond what happened to Alex Smith.

Also, I saw that everyone other than my 'boys has an easier than average schedule (albeit based on 2018 records), so that can't hurt their chances.

T

7. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    Full Name:
    Willis
    Thanks for the welcome. The injury bug is always the wild card with any NFL team.

Among division opponents, the schedule only varies by two games, correct?

8. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Schedule can differ by a bit, depending on which other conferences in NFC and AFC are on a team's docket.
    NFC East gets to face AFC East (thus guaranteeing an easy win over the perpetually woeful Patriots! :D) and the tough NFC North.
    Teams with a better record in 2018 get to face teams that had a better record in 2018. Similarly for teams that finished poorly.

This explains why Redheaded Jesus' coaching record looks like a bouncing ball. One year they do good, face tough competition, then slide.
    Get an easy schedule, do better next year. Lather, rinse, repeat...T

9. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Pfft. If he was on the Pats, there'd be around the clock coverage of how this is further evidence that BB and TB12's
    17 Super Bowl victories were tainted! :p
    T

Nospinzone likes this.
  10. Steelton Keith

Steelton Keith F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    Eagles 19-0. Book it. Welcome pilotoCS. We can always use another NFC East rep. We are fortunate to have several Dallas supporters on here, and they are the kindest, most knowledgeable and certainly unreservedly optimistic fans on the thread.

11. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    pilotoCS, other than Keith's welcome to the thread, pay no attention to him. He's a very nice man, but nobody's home. :D

I do echo Keith's welcome, this is a fun thread of devoted football fanatics. Please feel free to post. We do need some new blood here. Jason, aka Texas355F1, and Mike, aka AceMaster, are incorrigible degenerates, and Tom, well in spite of being probably the nicest guy on FChat, just can't see his Boys winning even 1 playoff game! :D

And me? I'm a life long Pats fan, so they all hate me. :(

TexasF355F1 likes this.
  12. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    You forgot best looking and must humble!
    T

13. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    I'd gladly endure a bit of animus if that's what it takes to get a Super Bowl victory for the Boys.

OK...So what kind of year are we predicting for La'veon Bell? I'm going to go out on a limb - mediocre stats with a side order of NYC media circus!

T

14. Steelton Keith

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    One of the things I most love about my terrific wife (almost 48 years) is that she is a native of Revere Beach, grew up there, we lived in Boston (North Shore ) for a number of years and she HATES THE PATS.
    All those years the loyal Red Sox hated the Yanks for being the Evil Empire, and then that's exactly what they got in their football team. But Paul, we embrace your devotion and your posts are always enlightening, considerate, and well reasoned.
    NFC East Plays AFC East this year.

Nospinzone likes this.
  15. Steelton Keith

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    Who is La'Veon Bell ?

16. aaronrgonz

aaronrgonz Karting
    Miami 2018

Apr 17, 2018
    Full Name:
    Aaron Gonzales
    I think replacing the god awful field y'all have might raise your chances of getting through the season mostly uninjured...That field is atrocious - so many players have gotten hurt on it.

17. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    Full Name:
    Willis
    I'll relay this message to Mr. Snyder. Thanks,:D:p:)

Nospinzone and aaronrgonz like this.
  18. aaronrgonz

aaronrgonz Karting
    Miami 2018

Apr 17, 2018
    Full Name:
    Aaron Gonzales
    But to answer your question, I am pretty interested to see how Haskins fairs in the NFL, he came from a pretty simplistic offense at Ohio State. I don't think he is gonna be a star of the league anytime soon, but still interested nonetheless. He ain't gonna be no Dak Prescott though, so don't get your hopes up! ;)

tomc likes this.
  19. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Wow, my wife and I are 44 years and counting.

Funny story, when I tell people 44 years married, I then add that I don't think the marriage is going to last. When I said that to this nice English couple recently the husband said to me, "you get less than that for murder"! :D

One more little story. My wife's maiden name is Taylor. Her father wanted to name her Elizabeth, but her mother nixed that. My wife said she always wanted to be like the actress and have 7 husbands. Well she's still on her first so she better hurry! :D

Nothing to do with the NFL, but it's still a little slow. :)

Steelton Keith and tomc like this.
  20. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    Full Name:
    Willis
    I agree with this. What I don't want is for him (Haskins) to be thrown to wolves like they did with Robert Griffin III. They expected him to do everything immediately and he got the crap beat out of him and he never recovered. Of course, Shanahan was an idiot . . .

Case Keenum will likely be the week 1 starter.

TexasF355F1 likes this.
  21. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    What could be so different about it versus other NFL stadia?
    T

22. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    I always wonder how RG3 may have turned out if not for that knee injury. The stories I read suggest that the sudden fame kind of went to his head and he didn't really put in the work to grow his game. I think Lamar Jackson will be interesting to follow in this regard as well.

Speaking of Case, this story quotes an NFL exec as saying Kirk Cousins is no better than Case Keenum. Scandalous! I'm expecting @AceMaster to come to Cousins' defense any second now!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/ftw.usatoday.com/2019/07/quarterback-tier-rankings-athletic-hot-takes-kirk-cousins/amp

T

23. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    He's actually worse. They screwed up the team chemistry. Morons.

24. aaronrgonz

aaronrgonz Karting
    Miami 2018

Apr 17, 2018
    Full Name:
    Aaron Gonzales
    Players get hurt on it, coaches don't like it - It's still a completely grass field, which has a history of being poorly maintained and not very durable, check out what happened just last night when they had a pre-season soccer game there: https://www.espn.com/soccer/real-madrid/story/3905728/real-madrid-confirm-asensio-acl-injury

TLDR: Real Madrid soccer star Marco Asensio ruptured his ACL while playing a pre-season friendly against Arsenal at Fed-Ex Field in Washington.

25. aaronrgonz

aaronrgonz Karting
    Miami 2018

Apr 17, 2018
    Full Name:
    Aaron Gonzales