360 - Issue with Immobilizer System | FerrariChat

360 Issue with Immobilizer System

Discussion in '360/430' started by Minze, Jul 25, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Minze

Minze Rookie

Jul 31, 2017
    Padova
    #1 Minze, Jul 25, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2019
    Good morning.
    Normally on my 360 Spider, you have to push the button on the remote to change the blinking red light into steady, so the car would start. Yesterday the light kept flashing but started anyhow. I dove home and after having stopped the engine I kept hearing a faint klack-klack sound as from the flasher relais. I thought that it could have been some malfunction due to the very high temperatures that we have currently here in Italy, but also this morning when I entered the garage I heard the klack-klack sound and the light wouldn't go to steady. I disconnected the battery through the switch to see if this "reset" has any positive effects, but in parallel I would be grateful to receive some thoughts from fellow 360 owners, please.

I found out that the P/N for the ECU would be 168509. Where is it located in the 360 Spider?

Thanks
    Martin

2. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    You have a pm

tifosi101 likes this.
  3. Fezzacruiser1

Fezzacruiser1 Rookie

Jan 27, 2021
    Full Name:
    scott McGuire
    Hi, I have a similar issue. My immobiliser flashes fast and slows after a while, neither fob works with the immobiliser and doesn't open the doors either. Can anyone give me any advice please? I have tried changing the fob batteries and car battery to no avail. I have also tried things like disconnecting the battery then trying fob after 3 minutes etc. Thanks

4. Chrisgt

Chrisgt Rookie

Nov 11, 2018
    Full Name:
    christopher gallagher
    I see this post was a few years ago, but was the issue ever solved? I have the exact same problem. thanks if anyone can respond to this.

5. EastMemphis

EastMemphis Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 25, 2019
    Memphis, TN
    Full Name:
    John
    Generally, the flashing light after pressing the button means the siren has failed. Typically, this is due to the little internal battery leaking unctuous juice over the circuit board in the siren. Three possible options to fix it.

1. Remove the siren and repair it. If the battery leak didn't destroy the circuit board, this is a viable option.
    2. Replace it with an OEM unit. I think they run about $350.
    3. Replace it with a GM unit that's exactly the same except for the firmware. About $100. There's a user here in fchat that can update the firmware for something like $75.

Good luck!

6. Chrisgt

Chrisgt Rookie

Nov 11, 2018
    Full Name:
    christopher gallagher
    Thanks for the reply il give it a go and see if I can get it fixed. much appreciated

7. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Mark Waldvogel (gobble on Fchat) can supply a new GM siren updated with Ferrari software for about half the price of an OEM one.

ferrarifobs.com

Chrisgt and EastMemphis like this.