355 - Fabspeed backs their warranty | FerrariChat

355 Fabspeed backs their warranty

Discussion in '348/355' started by Drock28, Jul 25, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Drock28

Drock28 Formula 3

Jan 13, 2013
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Just to offer some feedback to existing Fabspeed customers and future customers.

Was just in communication with John Palo in the customer support area.

I bought a set of Fabspeed headers for my F355 4 years ago. Had them installed during my engine out.

Direct bolt on, no issues. Supplied heat shields more than enough to protect some heat towards the ac compressor and alternator etc..

However couple weeks ago, I noticed a ticking sound coming from driver side at idle. I am super OCD, so I noticed it right away when it started.

I drove it that day, but kept hearing the noise.

So took the car to my mechanic. It was tough to catch it but after careful inspection he identified a crack on the left header. Its not the tubing. A piece of metal was welded between two of the pipes, to lessen vibrations. The weld gave and caused a crack. So I wouldn’t say it’s a failure, more a minor design issue. which John confirms has been removed from the design. Unlike the blown out sausage casing of the stock header tubing when they fail.

It was disappointing but relieved it was that.

Got in touch with John, described the situation, and they will honor their warranty and have it resolved.

It was simple, with no hassle or resistance and settled within 24hrs. John handled everything smooth.

Rare with any company product for that matter, when trying to go through warranty.

So rest assured Fabspeed backs their product if ever there’s an issue.

ernie and NaqeebDyer like this.
  2. SoCal1

SoCal1 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 14, 2011
    SoCal LA/OC/New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Tim Dee
    Great to hear someone actually honors their warranty and does not make every excuse possible

Kudos to them !!!!

ernie likes this.
  3. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Report back when the repairs or replacement are complete. Would be nice to hear what they covered and if you had any out of pocket expense when it's all over.

D

Yassa likes this.
  4. NaqeebDyer

NaqeebDyer Rookie

May 11, 2019
    Washington, DC
    Full Name:
    Michael Dyer
    I have some Fabspeed headers on the way currently. Glad to hear they are backed up by solid customer service.

5. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    That's excellent customer service

6. JSBMD

JSBMD Formula Junior

Mar 17, 2007
    The OC
    Full Name:
    John
    I too had a crack in my Fabspeed headers. 11 years/47,000 miles, and they finally developed a crack near the split off for the bypass pipe. Also replaced under warranty, no hassles and minimal time. Agreed that it is rare and refreshing to see a company stand behind its product in this day and age.

Costs to me were labor for removal/replacement, plus shipping to Fabspeed (return shipping was on them).

7. ruey220

ruey220 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

May 24, 2019
    Sf bay area
    Full Name:
    RM
    My 355 I recently purchased also had a warped fabspeed header on the passenger side which was causing the new exhaust I was having installed to be out of alignment. We are unaware of what caused this to happen, but nonetheless my mechanic identified the header to be defective and sent it in for warranty. Fabspeed did repair it and it is back on the way to the mechanic now to be installed.

8. blue90

blue90 Formula Junior

Dec 15, 2013
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Fabspeed has a good shop. I am near it so all you have to do is bring in the part, they weld while you wait with coffee drooling over Joe's cars in the lobby. They will weld wideband 02 bung holios for a few bux if you need a/f sensors added.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

9. ruey220

ruey220 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

May 24, 2019
    Sf bay area
    Full Name:
    RM
    I will say back in 2000 when Joe Fabiani was still growing his business from a small outfit, I bought the full exhaust system he sells for my Porsche 911. I recall those days talking to him he was a very enthusiastic guy and salesman, one thing that stood out from that experience talking to him directly was I asked him if his exhaust can make my car sound like a F355, and he said yes that's what it sounds like, and I remember a week later he was advertising that his Porsche Exhausts makes your car sound like a F355. almost 20 years later, I ended up buying a real F355 to get the true f355 sound

Yassa likes this.