How do I sign up for a Pista blast on the Autobahn? | Page 8 | FerrariChat

How do I sign up for a Pista blast on the Autobahn?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by rporsche, Jul 22, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    #176 IPO1, Jul 26, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
    Not very active forum. And when you leave comments to improve site when it first started the mods ban you for 30 days (as one of the only Mac owners it was hilarious--never returned, nor will I).

Just feedback. Not criticism.

Keep up good work.

paulchua likes this.
  2. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    True- I tried to give it a chance. No activity other than faked activity. Have been there in a month I think.

IPO1 likes this.
  3. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #178 Shadowfax, Jul 26, 2019
    Correct! You finally got something right. So try and be respectful to the mods instead of arguing for the sake of arguing. It is their call, their show, so show respect FGS! In brooks case they have exercised extreme leniency under the obvious circumstances yet some here want to fight that - again the ex or non Ferrari owner crowd mainly:rolleyes:.

What I also find intriguing is how some of the ex ferrari owner crowd invest their time on a Ferrari forum trying to convince Ferrari owners that what they now have is better - whilst putting the sly boot in in the process - and, what the Ferrari owner has is inferior. Like why would you bother? Is life so unsatisfying for you that this is the only thing that gets you through each day? And, equally pathetic is when you guys get caught out, always carry on like pork chops trying to excuse yourselves in some ridiculously futile bid to try and get yourselves out of why you were really posting here in the first place. This thread serves as another text book example of this ridiculously pathetic behavior.

Let's look at the Fikse case going on here. He only ever seems to post on Fchat when he has a vid to show of his beloved mac beating a Ferrari. Spends an eternity in front of the mirror/camera banging on on about pretty well nothing only to then show a 30 sec slot of the two cars running down a strip showing the winner and loser. I'm fine with it but it seems his sole purpose in life is to thumb it up to the next guy who is on the losing end of the stick. You see if anyone was really that interested in the outcome they could quite easily google the video of the two cars drag racing they wanted to watch and, do that without any assistance. No need to plaster it up over the losing car's forum. I mean what is the purpose of doing that if not to solely poke sticks? It's plain and simple bad manners and, very questionable behavior imho. In this case it's best now to accept the cold harsh reality you got caught with your trousers down and move on with some form of dignity. No point hanging around digging your hole even deeper trying to come up with BS excuses nobody is ever going to buy into. And fwiw I did not blow any whistle on Fikse to the mods as I couldn't care less and have always felt a bit sorry for him having to go around posting **** like this up just to feel good about himself. Sad really.

And re your own situation with what you buy. I don't really care what you buy but please FGS just make sure whatever it is, you really want to buy it. That way you can be genuinely happy enough with your purchase to not to have to go around on other brand forums poking sticks and carrying on like a pork chop.

4. RoyalPink

RoyalPink Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Mar 18, 2019
    Southern Utah
    Full Name:
    John D.
    Shadowfax - you had dinner yet? You must be hungry you keep talking about pork chops - lol.

Shadowfax and BOKE like this.
  5. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    No matey. Nearly lunch time here now. No pork chops for dinner - had some freshly shucked oysters and locally caught fish last night - was top - but boy there sure is a few pork chops on here.

RoyalPink likes this.
  6. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #181 Shadowfax, Jul 26, 2019
    The only thing I see as being a stretch is anyone wanting to actually pay him for watching the bollocks or being a party to it. But then the internet works in strange ways....just look at the dobre bros as an example. I mean who'd have ever thought in their wildest dreams they would have made a red cent out that load of nonsense. But they clearly did....and then some.

7. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Hope he takes all the money mclaren and mclaren fanboys watching his videos give him to try and buy himself a much desired Fezza, just to find out he’s banned from buying one...

Payback is a beach!

Shadowfax likes this.
  8. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    #183 Lukeylikey, Jul 27, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2019
    You’re arguing that he posts here because he likes the folks here and is being friendly. The facts are that his channel has over 100m views. Asking fchat to accurately decipher his and all the other sponsor come posters’ motives is not reasonable or relevant. Big channel = commercial. No stretching involved.

I do have some sympathy with the comment about a warning so that he is aware of the rules as a step before the ban, however, I don’t know what was or wasn’t said between the two parties before the ban so can’t comment on that. And if fchat felt that as a large channel owner he should know about the fairly universal posting rules then that is probably reasonable.

Ash Patel likes this.
  9. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    What a crybaby. After all the noise and false implications made just for a deserved 30 days ban does he not deserve a permanent one?

As always bashing all things Ferrari brings all the attention. How long until he hosts top gear?

10. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    Shall we please -as grown ups- get back to the real thread: How do I sign up for a Pista blast on the Autobahn?

11. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    I agree.

To answer the question, I'd call this guy in FL named Brooks.

12. Texas2step

Texas2step Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2018
    Full Name:
    Bola olusola
    The “Brooks army” of 4 or 5 here on F chat are an interesting bunch arguing incessantly with the mods to defend a rule violation. Ignorance of the law is never a good excuse. I think the mods should stop responding to them so we can get back regular programming

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Ash Patel likes this.
  13. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mel

Shall we please -as grown ups- get back to the real thread: How do I sign up for a Pista blast on the Autobahn?

14. exoticcardreamer

exoticcardreamer Formula 3

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    Buy a Pista, transport it to Germany. Use XXX maps or similar to get to Autobahn and do a high speed run. Come back, do not link to a video or pictures or show any data from a third party source (timers) and tell us all about it. We will believe whatever the person who did it says.

There are multiple events throughout the world where one can hit over 200 mph in a Pista. There is one going on right now this week-end in the States.

This thread isn't even started without people seeing Robert or Dragtimes videos.

There's a thread on FChat with 20,000 postings and well over 2 million views that discusses third party linked youtube videos of 918/laferrari/p1 and many third party magazine articles.

15. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mel
    tekaefixe and Ash Patel like this.
  16. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    The 458's speedometer displays 340 kph at its real top speed of 330 kph (measured by a V-Box). So, I assume that your speedo was reading a bit less than 330.

Melvok and AlfistaPortoghese like this.
  17. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    That's because you are oversimplifying. When you do that it's easy to come up short.

You could always choose not to read the thread instead of trying to silence others. But that is going around these days

Boomhauer likes this.
  18. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Depends on the size of wheels you have on your car

Melvok likes this.
  19. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    And the tyres ;)

AlfistaPortoghese likes this.
  20. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Always speaking about stock size wheels.

21. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Well there are two different sizes available from the factory

22. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Are they?
    I thought the latest Ferrari to feature different available wheels size was the 599 (with front wheels 19" as standard and 20" as optional); as far as I can remember later all wheels for the same model (standard or forged) had the same size.
    Different tyres could have different diameters though (even if having the same quoted dimensions, and it's also possible to fit non-standard tyres on the same wheels).

23. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin

Nope. There are different size wheels available for every model.

24. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Even the Pista carbon wheels are exactly the same dimensions as the standard 488 cast wheels and the 488 forged wheels.

25. RaymondG

RaymondG Rookie
    BANNED

Jul 25, 2019
    Full Name:
    Raymond Garner
    doubt he'll be back anyways.... kind of funny it's only the sensitive Ferrari forum here that bans him for posting a video, it really makes the forum look a bit desperate and petty.... doesn't happen anywhere else, even on forums owned by the same company as Ferrarichat...