Jealousy and rude on roads. | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Jealousy and rude on roads.

Discussion in '360/430' started by 2bf360, Dec 21, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. djempire

djempire Formula Junior

Apr 30, 2012
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Serf
    Innocent accident. He just didn't see him.

RANDY6005 likes this.
  2. aleary360

aleary360 Karting

Nov 23, 2015
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    Al Leary
    I get this all the time. Specially a new Corvette/Mustang/Dodge/Camaro. I do have a line which I tell the drivers all the time when they tell me their cars have more Horsepower and Faster. I tell them that it "Is true" . I rented your car from Budget Rent a car for $19.99 a day. Watch their reaction

3. RANDY6005

RANDY6005 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2017
    Jacksonville
    Full Name:
    RANDY
    Never argue with stupid people, just say to them I AM VERY PROUD OF YOU and smile. That would be very hard for them to come back with any thing all to say, other than just look stupid . Because in the battle of wits they are on armed :)

2bf360 and Chadly like this.
  4. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    I have a lot of Ferraris over the years and most responses have been positive. Of course there have been the occasional middle finger, pickups wanting to race and the angry, jealous stares, but I realized a long time ago that this was part of the program.

I recently bought a McLaren and the reactions don't run the gamut. That car elicits nothing but huge smiles, thumbs up, conversations and lots of pictures and videos.

one4torque likes this.
  5. Shinigami

Shinigami Formula Junior
    Owner

Aug 2, 2005
    Gland Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Heikki
    Unfortunately this is true... I've seen a few people go ballistic, and it wasn't my fault, I was not even in an exotic, but some people feel like its their road and even if they make a mistake/overtook illegally/acted like an ass/etc... they still throw their arms at you (figuratively speaking... otherwise I'd be quite shocked if an actual arm fell on my lap!), and as I wish to avoid trouble, I just lay back and give it room.

I can really only remember 2 such cases in the past ten years, maybe I'm lucky. Things are quite fine with my Ferrari tho', maybe it's a Swiss thing, people are quite ok with seeing one, and almost always enthusiastic too. The Tubi is a bit loud, so some older folk in an underground shopping center parking lot commented on how loud the car is (fair enough, and I was trying hard to keep the revs down too), but meanwhile I get folk chatting me up at gas stations, mostly to just ask a question or two.

One guy at red lights next to me asked how old was my Modena, he said something like "is it from 2015?", and I replied "2002", and he was shocked! I guess keeping it in good shape helps keep it looking new :) And then there's all the people taking photos. All. The. Time... everywhere. On highways, in cities, etc... Craziest part is during the Geneva Autoshow. If you drive an exotic in the city on that week, there's a bunch of people taking photos of cars by the main bridge. I have a feeling I'm in more than one album out there o_O

RANDY6005 likes this.
  6. Metastable

Metastable Formula Junior

Man around here people get all huffy when you undertake them on the highway. Look.... you are not moving.... you are not moving over.... and there is an empty lane next to you.... so I am going to use it. I have given up trying to understand..... if someone gives me the finger, ignore and go. The whole concept of staying right except to pass is lost on folks.... even with signs all over the highway.

As for motorcycle riding.... I look a bit intimidating on purpose, find people tend to not be as hostile.

flat_plane_eddie likes this.
  7. cre_man

cre_man Karting

Aug 8, 2017
    The Netherlands
    Most people are nice and the enjoy the looks and sound. They wave, thumps up, smile etc. People take selfies on the highway riding next to me. At petrol stations is also very cool, and we are there al lot whahaha.

I just had one negative remark (this was the same night i picked up my first F-car), from a guy, Skoda stationwagon, he said: "that is the most unpractical car, you have no use for that, useless", my respons: "Thats my luck I always get stuck with useless things"

But the next day all was made good by a mom driving home her kids, also at the petrol station. A couple of cars where filling up, Porsch Boxter, Porsche Cayenne my F, a Panamera and the Ford Fiesta from the mom. The Porsche where all fairly new. But the woman came towards me, and said: "what a nice car I have, I should take good care of it enjoy, her boys play with F cars all the time". So I looked over and saw the kids, sticked to the window, waved them over so the could get behind the wheel and take some snaps. That was priceless, I would have dreamed for that to happen to me when I was a small boy.

The look on the Porsche's owners also made me smile a bit, ;-) (sorry couldnt help it, but a Porsche is just not that special hahahaha)

tomc likes this.
  8. timjen88

timjen88 Karting

Aug 20, 2015
    Colorado/Palm Springs
    Unfortunately I think it's just the world we live in now, happens to me all the time in Colorado. At first I thought maybe it's just the people here, but after traveling all over it's a new and crazy state of mind.

one4torque likes this.
  9. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    Haha, but it was not THIS Porsche! :)

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

timjen88 likes this.
  10. Dewinator

Dewinator F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2017
    WA
    I’d take people being jealous and rude on the roads over throwing burning cigarettes out their windows any day.

Need4Spd likes this.
  11. Metastable

Metastable Formula Junior

Been hit by all sorts of things on the motorcycle.... I think all were unintentional .... cigarette once right on the visor (glad I didn't have an open face).....a biggie of coke (at least it wasn't the bulk of it) .... just a bit of spray, but had to clean the visor at the next stop..... and windshield washer fluid.... lots of times. I will politely point it out to people.... and when they realize what happened you can tell they feel bad. Hopefully they will think a bit/look around next time.

12. sakodik

sakodik Karting

Jun 2, 2016
    Santa Clara
    Full Name:
    Dan
    Pet peeve of mine and not picking up after your pet a close second. I try to get far away as possible. Getting confrontational is not worth it but I really want to get out pick it up and throw it in their car, but 2 wrongs don't make a right in that case.

13. Dewinator

Dewinator F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2017
    WA
    People who throw cigarettes out the window (especially here in tinder-dry CA) may pretend to feel bad but they don’t actually feel bad about anything they do because they’re bad people.

14. MalcQV

MalcQV F1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Malc Holden
    That comment depends on your reference point.

15. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Year ago some redneck throw a cigarette on the hood of my car in stand still traffic purposely. The day ended very poorly for him. He didn't expect the suit to handle as I did. Fortunately I didn't get arrested. :)

MalcQV likes this.
  16. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Prius

Haha just kidding,

MalcQV likes this.
  17. Dano360NC

Dano360NC Karting

Aug 11, 2012
    Southeastern PA
    Full Name:
    Dan
    I have had only positive reactions in the Ferrari (as far as I noticed). Sometimes people want to race, but I’m not counting that as negative. I did have an old codger deliberately run me off the road about ten years ago when I was on a pleasant Sunday ride on a country road on my Harley though. Kind of upset me. I was mad at myself for not getting his plate number.

18. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    hate to admit I've had a few friends and family act strange after I got the f car.......
    comments... in jest I presume......
    well it takes a ****** to drive one.... good thing you were a d already.... so no bigge: >>>> 'lovely' :)
    Or.... oh you got the poor mans ferrari........
    Or.... your wifes m2 is faster.... so the f car just looks nice......
    Or.... you get the idea.....

And then there are the true car buds...... former boss.... said nice..... you earned it...... and a life long friend.... just happy and as excited as I am to experience it.....

got my wife an m2 last Monday..... and it garners more rev's and people trying to race than the 360.... prob assume old guy in ferrari not going to play ;) and they are right...... at least not on the street.

19. DanielDaniel

DanielDaniel Rookie

Jun 21, 2019
    Full Name:
    Daniel

20. DanielDaniel

DanielDaniel Rookie

Jun 21, 2019
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    Good advice Forget about it and just enjoy yourself...ok will do that

21. DanielDaniel

DanielDaniel Rookie

Jun 21, 2019
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    ok will try take your advice

many times is hard ....these drivers

just want to give all this negative driving moves to get your attention

ok I will take your advice
    Just keep driving and enjoy!

22. DanielDaniel

DanielDaniel Rookie

Jun 21, 2019
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    Really Wow I can understand...really really so bad really ...I will not park in any public area now
    I will park in. near by Hotel of the destination I m going and take a cab to the place from the Hotel

st lesst I know my car is park safe in. Hotel and many security Cam in Hotels

23. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    I guess I just don't notice the jerks for the most part. I'm usually going 20mph quicker than the surrounding traffic, so I'm not there long enough to notice if I am #1 with them.

I am always surprised at how many people actually know what a CS is.

RANDY6005 and 360trev like this.
  24. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    It's a future classic for sure.. Just wait until they triple in price. People will sit up!

Dewinator and RANDY6005 like this.
  25. Mikestradale

Mikestradale F1 Rookie

Jan 25, 2006
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Mike
    In Holland, it’s always the Tesla drivers. Telling me their car is faster. I don’t care, I just tell them it’s true. I used to tell them I didn’t know a Tesla could hit 200mph (like my 599), but I stopped doing that. Now I simply say they are right. Tesla owner happy (and me too because the conversation is over).

When they ask me to race, I tell them there's no need because they will win. It’s easier to get rid off them by just telling them what they want to hear.

Tamahal, RANDY6005, timjen88 and 4 others like this.