New member from GA | FerrariChat

New member from GA

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by rquad, Jul 27, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rquad

rquad Karting

Jul 26, 2019
    Georgia
    I read the "forgive us for ignoring new members" posting, so this will probably be ignored, but you have to start somewhere. :)

I'm a new member, although I've been lurking here off and on for quite some time, researching cars. I just paid a deposit on a '99 360--my first exotic--with plans to pick up the car next week. I'm sure I'll be hanging out in the 360 forum quite a bit.

I've been a car nut since I was a "wee lad" and I have an interest in just about anything with an engine. I have a 1974 Nova "restomod" with an LS2 in it that is about 90% complete, and I've been driving it for about a year. I'm just a small-timer, so the Nova and the upcoming Ferrari will be my total car collection.

Looking forward to new adventures in the 360.

EastMemphis and lee-o like this.
  2. lee-o

lee-o Karting

Dec 8, 2011
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    Lee
    Welcome to the forum, the 360 is a great car! I had one for 6 years, now have a 612. Send photos of the new 360 when you can.

3. rquad

rquad Karting

Jul 26, 2019
    Georgia
    Thanks for the reply. If you had a 360 for 6 years, you sound like someone I need to get to know.

I'll certainly post pictures and info in the 360 forum once the car is in hand. I actually have quite a few pics already, but I don't want to post them in case the deal falls through for some unforeseen reason.

4. will89

will89 Karting

Dec 29, 2013
    Abu Dhabi
    Full Name:
    Will
    Welcome, 360 is definitely a beauty. I miss mine more than I like to admit.

5. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    Welcome. There are a fair amount of Ferrari only gatherings with the local FCA chapter. If you are interested in socializing with other Ferrari owners you should join. There are also incredible roads to enjoy the car on day trips to north Georiga, North Carolina, and Tennessee.

6. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    Georgia the state? Welcome! There's a bunch of us here from the Atlanta area.

I've got a '71 GTX, too. Muscle car/Ferrari is a good garage balance.

sjd

7. andy308

andy308 Formula 3

Jan 16, 2005
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Welcome and congrats. I have had my 360 for 11 years and I live in Cumming, great cars.

8. rquad

rquad Karting

Jul 26, 2019
    Georgia
    I do plan on joining FCA, but not until I have the car in hand.

9. rquad

rquad Karting

Jul 26, 2019
    Georgia
    Yes, GA the US state. I look forward to meeting other Atlanta area owners once the car is physically mine. I like many different kinds of cars, and I agree with you that owning a muscle car and an exotic is a good balance.

10. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    I'm in Marietta, btw.

sjd