Maserati manuals, brochures and photos | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Maserati manuals, brochures and photos

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by thecarnut, Mar 23, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. thecarnut

thecarnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 22, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    The Car Nut
    During the 1980's and 1990's Maserati Owners Club of North America (MOCNA) published many technical articles in quarter newsletters. When the club was being dissolved a CD-ROM with many of those articles was published. This CD-ROM was authorized with what is now a very old version of Macromedia Director. I have been unable to extract the individual articles from the application but I have been able to make the application run from the hard drive of my Windows 10 computer.

I uploaded the MOCNA CD-ROM to my website but before I publish the page I want to Beta test it to make sure people do not run into too many problems trying to run the application. First of all, I want to thank Larry Ruben and Mike Demyanovich for their help in this project by providing the contents and doing some initial testing.

I created a temporary webpage where you can download the application with all its contents. Please follow the steps on the webpage and let me know if the instructions are clear and if the application works on your computer. As best I can tell this application only runs on Windows. Also, this application is very old and it is very possible your antivirus thinks it is a virus as it cannot identify it. You should be able to make it work by either temporarily disabling your antivirus or adding an exclusion.

This is the link to the Beta test page: http://thecarnut.com/MOCNA_CD.html

Also, it would be great if someone can figure out how to extract the individual articles into PDF format from the .dxr files

Ivan

2. wilde

wilde Formula Junior

Jan 12, 2009
    France
    Hello Ivan, it works perfectly on my computer with Windows 10, thanks again.

3. thecarnut

thecarnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 22, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    The Car Nut
    Glad to hear the application works for you.

Which antivirus do you use? Did you have to do anything with your antivirus to make the application run?

When I run the application I get an error indicating it cannot open a Temp directory. I click OK and the application runs fine. Are you getting a similar error message at startup?

Ivan

Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. wilde

wilde Formula Junior

Jan 12, 2009
    France
    No antivirus, I never had any virus on my computer... and no error message...

5. awohlmann

awohlmann Karting

Jul 6, 2008
    Austria
    Full Name:
    Alfred Wohlmann
    Hi Ivan,
    No problems to download and extract the files.
    After the first start of the .exe file my windows 10 defender (firewall) asked me to stop the program because of unknown danger. I started the program and from this point on I had no further warnings or problems when running it once more. It works perfectly.

Thank you for offering this content - very interesting.
    Regards Alfred

6. boralogist

boralogist Formula Junior

Jun 21, 2005
    Works exactly as for you both.

Windows Defender warning is ignored.
    Temp Directory error appears.
    Click OK.
    Done.

Zone Alarm Extreme never got involved!

Regards.

7. 3500 GT

3500 GT Formula 3

Nov 2, 2008
    USA
    Full Name:
    Gentleman Racer
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

The black/gold Maserati manual is the first service manual produced for a Maserati road car. It is for the 1957 3500 GT/T; when Maserati still had the possibility of offering an Allemano bodied car or the 3500 GT/A.

This was at least published in September of 1957, and it’s the only one I have ever seen.

Has anyone else seen this manual before?

Many thanks.

Nembo1777 likes this.
  8. 3500 GT

3500 GT Formula 3

Nov 2, 2008
    USA
    Full Name:
    Gentleman Racer
    I was hoping this would lure Walter B. back to this forum.....

Walter???

Please,......we have been waiting too long....

9. thecarnut

thecarnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 22, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    The Car Nut
    I have never seen that cover before. The contents has some engine diagrams that look the same as this manual: http://thecarnut.com/Manuals/Maserati_3500GT_English.pdf
    Does your brochure have different contents?

Ivan

10. 3500 GT

3500 GT Formula 3

Nov 2, 2008
    USA
    Full Name:
    Gentleman Racer
    Hello Ivan,

Yes, the manual has different contents as the manual that you are referring to; it's a different manual.

The layout of the contents are similar as they are the same cars, but since this was published in 1957/58 it is less refined, (or more refined depending on your position) than the later editions.

So, I'm guessing you have never seen one before.

11. thecarnut

thecarnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 22, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    The Car Nut
    No, I have not seen it. Which means I need a copy for the digital library :)

Can you scan the manual? The alternative is to take a high resolution photo of each page, send me the individual photos, and I can assemble a PDF file.

Contact me at [email protected] and I can send you a Dropbox link to place the photos.

Ivan

3500 GT likes this.
  12. thecarnut

thecarnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 22, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    The Car Nut
    The website contents of Maserati manuals and brochures keeps growing, which is a good thing, but the single page layout to access these documents was getting too crowded. I've redesigned this section of my website to hopefully make it easier to navigate and find contents.

This is what it looks like now: http://thecarnut.com/downloadmanuals.html

Suggestions welcomed ....

Ivan

13. eogorman

eogorman Formula Junior

May 10, 2005
    Buhl, ID
    Full Name:
    Eugene O'Gorman
    Ivan I have one of these manuals. The cover is in poor condition. In fact I did not see the gold Maserati imprint until I saw the pictures that 3500GT posted. I do not have the capability to scan or photograph the pages but I would be happy to mail it to you for you to copy. My manual does not include the sales brochure shown in the front but I believe I have this brochure in another file somewhere. It is complete with all the 17 x12 drawings which I had not seen in any other manual Since we have moved to Idaho finding things is still a problem. But if you want or need It I will look for it.

3500 GT likes this.
  14. JulianMerak

JulianMerak Formula 3

Thanks for the new technical articles Ivan, much appreciated and great timing for me especially the tank breather overflow article. I think one of these links doesn’t work , the replacing Ghibli fuel lines which I am interested in reading. Thanks for sharing such great reference material

Julian

15. thecarnut

thecarnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 22, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    The Car Nut
    Hi Gene,

Thank you for the offer! Please send me an e-mail to [email protected] and I'll provide you with my address. I;ll send it back as soon as it is scanned, which will not take long.

Ivan

3500 GT likes this.
  16. thecarnut

thecarnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 22, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    The Car Nut
    Hi Julian,

Thank you for your comments. The broken link has been fixed. Make sure you refresh your browser.

Ivan

17. 3500 GT

3500 GT Formula 3

Nov 2, 2008
    USA
    Full Name:
    Gentleman Racer

Hi Ivan, I don't have the ability to scan the manual at this time. Gene is apparently going to send you his. I'll look at Gene's manual if you post it on your site and compare them to see if they are the same.

18. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    Congrats for finding this rare manual. And now: OFF again...:cool:

3500 GT likes this.
  19. 3500 GT

3500 GT Formula 3

Nov 2, 2008
    USA
    Full Name:
    Gentleman Racer
    Thank you Walter for your reply, I very much appreciate it.

I know you are “off page”, but I have a very important question for you.

Have you ever seen this manual in your 40 plus years of Masersti research?

Or should I contacts Orsi or Collina for more information?

Danke/Mille Grazie

20. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    Call Fabio or ...eh...this other person you mentioned!

3500 GT likes this.
  21. emsiegel13

emsiegel13 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2007
    Grayslake, Illinis
    Full Name:
    Elliot M. Siegel
    Walter,

I love that you are always so tongue in cheek when referring to certain individuals!

22. thecarnut

thecarnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 22, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    The Car Nut
    I received Gene's early 3500GT user manual (thank you!), it has been scanned and posted on my website. I used the highest scanning resolution to capture as best I could the part numbers on the exploded view diagrams.
    The document can be found at: http://thecarnut.com/Manuals/3500GT_user_manual_early.pdf

I also scanned the three individual exploded view diagrams into JPEG format at 3943 x 2762 resolution, suitable to print in small poster size for reference or garage art. Those can be found in the parts manual section of the website:
    http://thecarnut.com/partsmanuals.html

Gene's rare original manual will be on ebay starting tomorrow .... just kidding :)

Ivan

3500 GT likes this.
  23. 3500 GT

3500 GT Formula 3

Nov 2, 2008
    USA
    Full Name:
    Gentleman Racer
    Bravo!!!!

A lot of very good information in that early manual.

24. thecarnut

thecarnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 22, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    The Car Nut
    I was given these two page technical specification sheets (written on Oct 1971) which I have no idea how to interpret.
    They are now posted on my website but can someone please tell me what they mean:

http://thecarnut.com/Manuals/Undersizes.pdf

Ivan