FORMULA 1 MERCEDES-BENZ GROSSER PREIS VON DEUTSCHLAND 2019: RACE ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄ | Page 20 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 MERCEDES-BENZ GROSSER PREIS VON DEUTSCHLAND 2019: RACE ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, Jul 28, 2019.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    All I use is Wikipedia for f1 results lol. Couple references to the line saying it was regarding a gain during start.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_German_Grand_Prix

2. Timmmmmmmmmmy

Timmmmmmmmmmy F1 Rookie

Apr 5, 2010
    NZ
    Full Name:
    Timothy Russell
    Absolutely agree but whats new. Lewis could do anything (perhaps go to the toilet) and he is the greatest of all time. Would be fascinating to see him in a dog of a car and see whether he could make it win. As it is he was in the best on the grid (the McLaren) and when they starting tanking he is in the next best car on the grid.

nsxrebel and daytona355 like this.
  3. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    "Driver aids." Thanks, but I wonder what that was, exactly.

4. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Did you click the reference? It's a PDF to fia website. Gives a huge detailed explanation. Here is part of Kimi's:

No / Driver 7 - Kimi Raikkonen
    Competitor Alfa Romeo Racing
    Time 15:19
    Session Race
    Fact The torque in the clutch at the start did not match the torque demand as the driver
    released the clutch within the specified 70 millisecond maximum period. This time was
    measured at approximately 200 milliseconds.
    Offence Breach of Article 27.1 of the FIA Formula One Sporting Regulations.
    Decision 10 second stop and go penalty imposed after the race in accordance with Article 38.3
    d) of the FIA Formula One Sporting Regulations.
    (30 seconds added to elapsed race time).

Flavio_C and G. Pepper like this.
  5. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    Okay, so a clutch release assist program. Got it. Pretty blatant cheating!

I'm not sure of what reference you're talking about, but I don't do footnotes. I figure the important stuff should be in the main article.

6. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Exactly and immediately what I thought when it happened, he should have driven a whole lap back to the pits instead of cutting across the track after clearly missing the pit lane entry. IMHO this is a serious breach of the sporting code and warranted disqualification [not that it would have mattered as it turned out] from the race or a 10 place grid penalty at the next race.

Anyway and more importantly it seems like SF had hired some real talent this year, forget all the hype about engineers.

This lady rocks

Silvia Hoffa Frangipane
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

daytona355 likes this.
  7. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Rumors paddock of Wehrlein to replace Grosjean if a replacement is made after summer break......

8. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Right after Leclerc crash I went to a friends and turned out he didn't have the race so watched the rest on my phone....

What a stunning race it became. Lewis crashing, the complete and utter chaotic pitstop (ps no helmets worn for their team members, that's another penalty!!), more lewis spins and looking like a total amateur the moment a race goes against plan. Delicious!

Verstappen had that worrying spin, but regained his composure. I didn't see him make a mistake after that anymore and put the laps in...those race restarts....wow! 5.3 seconds in a single lap over a MERCEDES !!! I don't want to sound like too much a fanboy but those are Schumacher at Spa levels of dominance.

Gasly looks almost desperate to get rid of his drive. Truly, truly ****. I think he lost some places during a pitstop faze but wow, he struggled to overtake anything, even toro rossos...to then bin it in the closing laps. What an amateur.

Kvyat, what a great drive from him. So happy for him. Child born last night and now a podium in a STR! I don't think he'll forget this weekend in a hurry. Really pleased for him, Honda, and Toro Rosso's 2nd podium ever.

Alonso is remarkably quiet.

Great drive from Vettel to get 2nd from last.

Hulkerberg...boy did I feel bad for him! Such a shame. But, there's a certain driver that can REALLY learn from him. Surely the most disappointed of all out there he was, still missing out on that elusive podium...yet was well spoken in the post race interview. Unlike ****ing hamilton! He can learn from hulk, and Vettel as well for that matter. The sulking ballerina. What a despicable character does he have. Throwing the team under the bus as per usual, even when he is the one that ****s up. Win together lose together. Unless you're team elton.

And then Bottas...I have no words. Here he stood a great chance at closing the gap and the plonker throws it into a wall. At least we got to see angry toto, lol

Hilarious right? Pathetic lot they are.

9. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    The GROSSER PREIS VON DEUTSCHLAND 2019 was the same as the GROSSER PREIS VON DEUTSCHLAND 1935.

In both races Mercedes was defeated on home soil by wrong strategy and drivers mistakes.

But in 1935, it was an Italian who won, and on an Italian car.

The Germans were so sure to win, they didn't even have a record of the Italian anthem to play !

kandi likes this.
  10. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph

And Hamilton cutting across the track to the pits instead or limping a broken car around a full lap is only worthy of a 5 second penalty?

**** F1

Bas, daytona355 and stavura like this.
  11. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Don't worry, they will still probably take both titles this year !!

renman95 likes this.
  12. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    He was probably advised by his team to do that.
    The potential penalty was a calculated risk to take as opposed to the time it would have taken him to drive his damaged car for a whole lap.

13. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

Almost certainly.

But meanwhile let's celebrate a great race for F1.
    Full of action and a privelege to witness in the flesh.
    Maybe the last Hockenheim for F1

william likes this.
  14. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    Hamilton cutting the pit lane entry was not a bad idea, IMO. Yeah, it´s cheating, but it was safer for everybody than having a slow car around the track, so I don´t think they deserve a harsh penalty.

william likes this.
  15. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Yeah right... "he was probably advised by his team"... we saw that they were not in panic but were cool and easily analized whether this would be more or less than a possible penalty :rolleyes:
    I guess with "they" Bas did not mean the Mercedes team :rolleyes:

Bas likes this.
  16. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    There was no danger because of Lewis driving slower around the track as the safety car was engaged anyway....

17. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    #492 DeSoto, Jul 28, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2019
    Mmmm.. you have a point there. So **** them off!!! Total disqualification!

Well, the nicest thing about this race is that we could see that, when the **** hits the fan, the Mercedes crew are mere mortals like the rest. Look at that poor pit crew, running like headless chickens. And Bottas struggling to pass Stroll. Think about that the next time Ferrari screws it: it´s easier to make mistakes when you´re constantly running at your limit.

senyah, 375+, P.Singhof and 3 others like this.
  18. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    Not good.......

Bas likes this.
  19. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    Yes

20. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    Anyone have the pit times handy for Seb and Max?

It seems SF pits have been lacking. Costing precious seconds...or directing unsafe releases and such.

21. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    #496 DGS, Jul 28, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2019
    Not so much cheating, as a problem interpreted as an advantage.

From reading the articles on racefans, the Alfas had a problem with their (computer controlled) clutches:
    Instead of responding in 70 mS, the clutch responses were 200 mS for Kimi and 300 mS for GIO.

The clutch engagement was slow? That's the cheat?

Well, the FIA figured that, in the wet, bringing the clutch in slower was an "advantage", so they penalized them as if they jumped the start.

Alfa has responded that this problem cropped up during the parade laps behind the safety car, and plan to appeal.

---
    But they managed to get Ham into the points. ;)

jjmalez, 375+, Bas and 1 other person like this.
  22. stavura

stavura Formula 3

Sep 1, 2016
    U.K
    Full Name:
    Harold Lounge
    Im sure you can't wait.

daytona355 likes this.
  23. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    I made my comment as an observer; I am no partisan and I really don't care who wins.

24. stavura

stavura Formula 3

Sep 1, 2016
    U.K
    Full Name:
    Harold Lounge
    Forget the SF/RB pit stops, the Mercedes pit stop after elton's crash was absolutely priceless :)

375+, Ferrari 308 GTB and Nortonious like this.
  25. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Yeah, right, then why are you so vociferous against Ferrari in most of your posts????

Forza Ferrari..... the only racing team and car marque that matters. Italia forever It’s easier to apologise than it is to ask permission