OMG I bought a brand new 458! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

OMG I bought a brand new 458!

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by HX_Guy, Jul 27, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. HX_Guy

HX_Guy Karting

Jun 23, 2019
    Full Name:
    Val B
    Glad you skipped on this one! :D

I was a bit lucky price wise as AZ has no sales tax on private car purchases, the seller said that gave me a leg up on other people that made offers as they were trying to negotiate the price down more due to sales tax and the seller wasn’t willing to go below $230,000.

I definitely would not have said no to a carbon dash. ;) It looks great with a carbon dash, but that would have just been extra icing on the cake. This one had all the NEEDS I had one my checklist, including the back camera which I almost compromised on with other cars I was looking at.

2. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Now go put some miles on that new rig. Nothing short of a time capsule. Safe travels and all the best man, Kirk.

3. Vegas CS

Vegas CS Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 5, 2018
    Vegas
    Full Name:
    James
    Did you find it on cars.com? I think it’s the same one I had saved. I hear ya on the dash. Again, if I was willing to come up the extra $$$, I’d have had it. We seem to share the same glee about our purchases so congrats again and well bought!

Oh.....and I have appts to powder oat my wheels dark gray and have the calipers painted yellow. Our cars will be very similar on the spec.

4. HX_Guy

HX_Guy Karting

Jun 23, 2019
    Full Name:
    Val B
    I actually first saw it on Autotrader.com, then realized it was listed on Cars.com too for a while before it was on Autotrader.

When searching, I had set my search peramaters to no more than $200k, so it never popped up on Cars.com or Autotrader. I also had a filter for all new listings on Autotrader the would auto email me, and that's how I ran across it. The seller just listed it on Autotrader after having it on Cars.com for a while and I got the email notification and clicked on it, even though it was well outside the budget I had set. The rest is history. :D

Congrats on your purchase as well! Have you posted up some pictures yet?

5. sampelligrino

sampelligrino Formula 3

Apr 16, 2017
    Congrats!!! Bella macchina. Enjoy in good health, time to get the miles on her and make up for lost time :)

6. Nsd991

Nsd991 Formula Junior

Jul 19, 2012
    My car is your twin. Same MSRP even. Congratulations

7. Avia11

Avia11 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2017
    San Diego, CA
    Congratulations! Beautiful spec, enjoy in excellent health!!

8. 458 at 50

458 at 50 Karting

Oct 17, 2014
    Arizona
    Great find and congrats. I live in AZ as well and have a 2013 458 spider, let's go for a drive one weeeknd.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

9. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Congratulations! What a fantastic story! Welcome to the family!! :)

10. DRPM

DRPM Karting

Mar 25, 2016
    Montreal Quebec
    Wow
    Beauty
    Enjoy it in great health!

11. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    BEAUTIFUL !!! and enjoy

12. veilstylez

veilstylez Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2005
    SoCal
    Congrats on a beautiful car! I have the same spec on my 458 RC over Nero with race seats and red stitching...love it. Can I ask why you chose the 458 over the 488?? I only ask because the price is so close to a 488.

13. HX_Guy

HX_Guy Karting

Jun 23, 2019
    Full Name:
    Val B
  14. HX_Guy

HX_Guy Karting

Jun 23, 2019
    Full Name:
    Val B
    Really wanted the NA engine for its 9,000 RPMs goodness and intoxicating exhaust note. I also prefer the design of the 458 over the 488, its like a piece of art.

m3doc, veilstylez and JTSE30 like this.
  15. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Funny that you have a car with one of the best sounds...

and one with none.

16. HX_Guy

HX_Guy Karting

Jun 23, 2019
    Full Name:
    Val B
    Haha yup! Both similarly quick to 60, but extreme opposites in how they get there. Feels so odd driving the Tesla after driving the Ferrari. The Ferrari is ultra low, loud, stiff. The Tesla is the complete opposite, I feel like Im in a truck getting back into it, and its eerily quiet...but having said that, its a great daily driver to get to and from the office, run an errand, etc. :)

17. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    I've driven my friend's a few times. As a short-range commuting appliance, I completely understand Tesla, although I personally don't have any interest in them.

Then again I bought an alfa quadrifoglio as a daily driver last fall, so I guess that says everything you need to know about my interest in driving experience and novelty over risk aversion.

Ash Patel likes this.
  18. HX_Guy

HX_Guy Karting

Jun 23, 2019
    Full Name:
    Val B
    Got a copy of the vehicle invoice from the seller...wasnt with the rest of the paperwork, but apparently he has it, is it worth asking him to mail it to me? :D

Image Unavailable, Please Login

19. jagged155

jagged155 Karting

Dec 3, 2016
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Full Name:
    Dan
    Great find. I'm in Scottsdale if you ever decide to part with it. Exact spec I am looking for. Congrats

20. Rory breaker

Rory breaker Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2017
    You listened to me re the seats, so listen to me again - get a proper exhaust setup. “i think stock sounds great” yeah sure me too - x10 with full pipes :)
    Take it from another red-458-and-midnight-silver-on-21s-ludicrous-owner.

21. HX_Guy

HX_Guy Karting

Jun 23, 2019
    Full Name:
    Val B
    In due time in due time :D

We'll see how things pan out but I'd love to do a full carbon fiber engine pay, carbon fiber rear diffuser, carbon fiber front winglets, some 21s on the front and 22s on the back with the correct offset and probably will need to do a mild drop to get this look. :)

Image Unavailable, Please Login

bryang615, BKC, wtran and 2 others like this.
  22. Vegas CS

Vegas CS Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 5, 2018
    Vegas
    Full Name:
    James
  23. HX_Guy

HX_Guy Karting

Jun 23, 2019
    Full Name:
    Val B
  24. Vegas CS

Vegas CS Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 5, 2018
    Vegas
    Full Name:
    James
    I want to do a Mase tune and Novitec exhaust with 200 cell cats after my power cube runs out in two years. At it’s next service i’ll have it lowered 16mm all around on the stock springs. If you visit Vegas with it, PM me if you’d like. We’ll make some runs out at the Valley of Fire.

ryalex likes this.
  25. Vegas CS

Vegas CS Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 5, 2018
    Vegas
    Full Name:
    James
    I’m not sure if they are Carbonio or not. They are very high quality so I’d assume they are. I just bought the proper engine bay stickers from Continental Auto Sport so I’ll be putting them on when I get home. FYI...Carbonio includes these stickers now when you purchase their set.