FORMULA 1 MERCEDES-BENZ GROSSER PREIS VON DEUTSCHLAND 2019: RACE ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄ | Page 23 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 MERCEDES-BENZ GROSSER PREIS VON DEUTSCHLAND 2019: RACE ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, Jul 28, 2019.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Certainly a stroke of luck to have a built in excuse ready to use. Had he won, no doubt he could have sold it as the greatest achievement of man since Noah finished the Ark in time!

stavura and Bas like this.
  2. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    At the American race the Haas guys might show up with Bermudas and Hawaiian Shirts ;)

daytona355 and Bas like this.
  3. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Very true

28.12 Team personnel are only allowed in the pit lane immediately before they are required to work
    on a car and must withdraw as soon as the work is complete.
    All team personnel carrying out any work on a car in the pit lane when the car is in its pit stop
    position during the qualifying practice session, or during a race pit stop, must be wearing
    helmets which meet or exceed the requirements of ECE 22.05 ‐ European motorcycle road
    helmet, DOT ‐ USA motorcycle road helmet or JIS T8133‐2015, class 2 – JPN protective
    helmets for motor vehicle users. The use of appropriate eye protection is compulsory.

Perhaps it was one of their upgrades & the flat caps were modified to comply with one of the standards :)

nsxrebel, tonyswfla, 375+ and 3 others like this.
  4. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Read carefully: https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/hamilton-snakes-ladders-german-gp/4503341/?fbclid=IwAR0EY2BTQPo5-D8f4cmDJsZrtFuJl5__gh1DhElLCSDGxoPJYjeI19RoTiA

Lewis says "But the thing is we win and we lose together, so it just shows you how easy it is to get a weekend wrong and the processes wrong. But we stay united, we pull together."
    But then he keeps saying "THEY put slicks on" !!! like he is not part of this decision :rolleyes:

For all those telling us Lewis makes the calls (when they are right):

"The turning point was when they put slicks on when it was still wet," he said of his stop one third of the way into the race.

"As they pulled me in I could see there was more rain coming down.

"But they have usually more knowledge than I do and if I said to put the inters on and it was the wrong call, it could have been costly.

"As it turns out by not telling them to put inters on when others had put slicks on and were doing OK, I think it just happened at the time when they put my slicks on at the same time as Leclerc went off – it just started to rain more. Timing was off."

So he is the guy out there thinking that more rain is coming and that the inters are the right tire but he does not say anything because then it might be on him instead of the team....Please don´t tell us ever again that he is the one reading the race ;)

nsxrebel, fil, stavura and 2 others like this.
  5. sp1der

sp1der F1 Rookie

Jan 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Ashley
    they were just working to a normal 1950's pitstop time

6. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas

Genius confirmed.

lololol

stavura and daytona355 like this.
  7. fer312t

fer312t Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2010
    The track was slippery there, especially on wrong tires...that's why people were crashing there before, during and after :cool:
    LeClerc was crawling around that corner and still lost the car just slightly, which put him offline and then onto the skating rink.
    You can try making a mountain of of molehill all you want, but in the end they're just small driving errors with big consequences. No one was "stupid." That's just the nature of racing.

william likes this.
  8. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Lolol the post race interview. She says to Elton something like “oh you’re human after all” and he says his “sickness made me human again”. Then says he has to get “healthy” again. Hahaha What a bloody twit. A great reckoning is coming for you Elton.

Isobel, fil, daytona355 and 2 others like this.
  9. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    I understand that several drivers complained prior to the start and at practice about the "drag strip" and consequences if people went off, no grip and zero chance of slowing down enough. Seems like they were right. Very poor planning by the circuit owners, the FIA and teams for not doing something about it. It rather ruined what could have been a great race - for once
    Tony

william likes this.
  10. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    saw on twitter his fanboys are saying he spun because he wasn't well, lol. The fools eat up anything he says. conveniently forgot that Verstappen won the last malaysian GP when he was sick...in torturous temperatures!

fil, daytona355 and stavura like this.
  11. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    great planning if you ask me. make all run offs like that (where drivers can run wide and gain time). no need for this ''time deletion'' mallarky again!

daytona355 and Sig. Roma like this.
  12. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
  13. fer312t

fer312t Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2010
    A no-grip runoff basically defeats purpose of runoff in the first place. The best solution has always been grass and gravel which both penalizes mistake and retards out of control vehicles

william and TonyL like this.
  14. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Exactly, the rules are no driver is allowed to leave the track without justifiable [lost control] reason, if he does then he must not gain an advantage. The run off is purely there to slow the car down so he doesn't slam into a barrier. Safety.

Having a section of the run off which impedes the deceleration is ridiculous, in this instance it actually gave them more momentum and increased the impact.

Tony

william likes this.
  15. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    I don´t get it... all the time people complain about the tracks being to forgiving when running wide and how great Monaco is and now all of the sudden when it happens to Lewis the whining is there.
    Seb went off last year and the gravel did not slow him down either, how wet grass should do this remains a mistery as well. When Seb had his off in Canada people said to avoid this he should not go off in the first place, same can be said about Leclerc, Hulk and Lewis this weekend. None of them had a heavy crash where their safety was really questioned, they simply did destroy their car like they would have in Monaco....
    Sorry, but that you have to explain how they got MORE momentum...law of energy and momentum conversation says different...Unless it is decending there and I do not remember seeing that...

daytona355, Bas and Sig. Roma like this.
  16. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Sig. Roma, Bas and 635CSI like this.
  17. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    #567 635CSI, Jul 29, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2019
    I think putting some temporary non slip surface on the drag strip for the Sunday would have been a good idea? Its self adhesive and like, $5.00 per m3

I guess Merc were too tight to add this to the budget on their sponsored event ?

Too busy working on the costumes for the inevitable victory rally in front of their (two maybe three) adoring fans?

daytona355 and 375+ like this.
  18. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Seriously though, great crowd (mainly orange and red) you could really hear them on the T.V.
    Certainly not a race to drop.
    Listening Chase?
    No, thought not.

19. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Not at all. If tomorrow another team proves to be as efficient as Mercedes today, and a driver as good as Hamilton, I would be the first to applaude it.
    I have seen many teams come and go in F1, and a team fortune can fluctuate widely during its lifespan (look at Williams or McLaren now) , so I don't see the point for me to give allegiance to any. As for drivers, they come and go, and I am not easily starstruck.

20. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    But you would deny me the right to do the same, correct ?

21. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    I do not think anyone is denying Mercedes's overall performance, the car and the team are typically far ahead.
    For Hamilton I think it's more controversial - he's obviously a good driver (probably a very good one), because it takes something to extract what is needed to win from the best car.
    But that does not hide the fact that he always won with a great car and a great team support - and not to forget he managed to be beaten by Rosberg in the very same car.
    So a very good driver - certainly; an all-time great - I doubt it.
    I remember Senna driving his Toleman to second at Monaco - THAT was high class.

22. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Ron Dennis was the same in similar circumstances.
    When you know you have the best organisation, the best car, a top driver and regular success, a bad performance comes as a shock.

23. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    I personally don't subscribe to the GOAT idea.
    Hamilton is simply the most successful driver of his era; the stats prove that.
    I am not interested in comparison with drivers from another era, which I find pointless.

Mark(study) likes this.
  24. stavura

stavura Formula 3

Sep 1, 2016
    U.K
    Full Name:
    Harold Lounge
    You do that anyway.

daytona355 and Bas like this.
  25. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    It's for the moderators to decide.
    So far, they have never stopped me to speak my mind, and have reiterated several times that Ferrarichat is open to anyone.
    Take your objection to them.