Ferrari F8 Tributo | Page 91 | FerrariChat

Ferrari F8 Tributo

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Ferrari 308 GTB, Feb 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    I have both on order and I believe you will find that is not true. The 488 had more power than Speciale and handling influenced by that car, but it was still not the same - and I’m not talking about the engine, more the feeling. The Speciale’s chassis was tuned more aggressively, as the Pista’s will be.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  2. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

Both ? well this has to be a world first .

Hum, like the F8 , sell the PISTA = a free F8 :cool:

Ash Patel likes this.
  3. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    It may depend on the market but that seems a stretch to me.
    On a single web site in Europe there are currently 18 Pista for sale with asked premiums ranging from virtually 0 € to € 50-70K.

4. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    458-458 Speciale would be a more apt comparison as the 488 is more refined than the 458 base car. And yes, the Pista will feel more aggressive, but essentially, it’s the same car. Same engine, same ECU (slightly different calibration) looks relatively the same to any non car person, similar interiors. Again, not claiming they are the same but pretty damn close and on a public road (where these things are driven essentially all the time) they are 99% the same. Essentially, Ferrari was quite happy with the Pista (as they should be, it’s great) and decided to get more profit from the platform by putting a different (and beautiful to me) body on the car and calibrating it differently.

Please note I’m not talking bad about either car, or Ferrari at all. Pista is top notch to me I’m sure F8 will be immense.

Coincid and Sushistar like this.
  5. Sushistar

Sushistar Karting

Jan 20, 2018
    Berlin
    The most Pistas are in Germany not delivered. I think 50 % are delayed or not delivered. My dealer asked me in March 2019 if I want one. Here we have to hold the car six months minimum. So the most used Pistas are 2020 to buy. People say, round about 5.000 are produced. I for myself see no market. To much are produced and the most customers get one. And you have to find a collector, which spend 350.000 Euro for a car. Because Ferrari Fans will choose the F8 Tributo for 70.000 Euro less. And get the car in the colour and leather they want.

elmadi and MANDALAY like this.
  6. junc

junc Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 2, 2007
    Chicago/Laguna Beach
    Full Name:
    Jun
    I also wonder how the GPF fitment on the F8 will affect the car. As far as I know the Pista won't have the GPF. Im sure the engineers at Ferrari have been working hard on work arounds. I have a Pista incoming any day now and plan on ordering the spider version of the F8 when that becomes available .

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  7. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Apparently the work on the exhaust needed for the GPF has resulted in slightly different torque and power curves; the GPF could also have impacted the noise but that shouldn't be an issue because it's allegedly total crap in any turbocharged car anyway ;)

tekaefixe likes this.
  8. junc

junc Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 2, 2007
    Chicago/Laguna Beach
    Full Name:
    Jun
    Its a very different situation in the US. The Pista is a difficult car to get unless you pay a sizable premium.

I have no clue on actual number produced but 5k sounds way too many. https://corporate.ferrari.com/sites/ferrari15ipo/files/ar_2018_ferrari_nv_web_0.pdf
    In 2018 Ferrari produced 9251 cars. The Pista has been in production since about late summer 2018 and supposedly stops production by end of this year due to GPF requirements. So lets say production time is about a year and a couple of months. You're telling me that half of all production is the Pista?

9. junc

junc Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 2, 2007
    Chicago/Laguna Beach
    Full Name:
    Jun
    Makes sense the F8 would have different torque and power curves.

10. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Remember back when we talked about Pista numbers near the debut of car and someone came on here and said they supply a unique engine component for the Pista engine and said they received an order from Ferrari for 6,000 units. People flipped out and thought he was nuts ..too many Pistas? Today it makes sense and might even assume that the total combined production of pistas, spiders, and F8s are 6,000?

11. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    This.

People are dreaming if they think they will make 5000 Pistas. Our local dealer is receding between 7 and 11 Pistas.

9000 cars in a year total production by Ferrari and If there are 5000 Pistas, that means 4000 total 488, 488 spider, Portifino, Lusso and 812? Not very likely.

If 6000 pieces were ordered for an engine- that must mean a shared component for the Pista and F8. F8 has a year run and they will crank out as many as possible. Pista? Zero chance they made 5000.

12. Sushistar

Sushistar Karting

Jan 20, 2018
    Berlin
    To Germany come 2019 round about 240 Pista plus XY Spider. 2018 round about 40 Pista.

Ash Patel and xskier like this.
  13. xskier

xskier Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2013
    in the total around 300 pista and 150 spyder, just for germany 450pista/spyder in total.
    The amount of pistas will be pretty simular to the Gt2 Rs wich is around 3500 units global. To many for a collector point of view.

14. C50

C50 Formula 3

Aug 19, 2016
  15. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

There is only one car here listed and its about 1.150 Million AUD would have cost about 750 K and the F8 base is $520 k. You guys have more cars. I feel its a bit of a shame for the USA not so much Europe that real wanters of the Pista didn't get a car , but fippers

WM458 likes this.
  16. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Ild hold off on the F8 spider, Wait for the Speciale ;)

17. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    Very hard to get Pista in the UK too. If both versions are about 700 in the US, that’s normally about half of worldwide isn’t it? So far 61 coupes registered in the UK (usually around 10% of global sales - so this roughly equates to the US figures quoted above) and no spiders. The German figure sounds like an outlier for some reason.

The guy who produced an engine part gave an interesting stat - 6,000 pieces. But if F8 is included in that, at least half must be F8s, probably more. They could always order more or ask for a second batch but it feels here and from US comments that Pista is not overproduced. That also makes sense when it is clear that the requirements for GPF artificially curtail the length of the run.

Caeruleus11 and Tomw384 like this.
  18. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Everyone has their number for how many Pistas produced. Those that own the car want as few as possible. Those that don’t, quote higher numbers.

I can just share my personal experience. I was first told my dealership was getting 11 Pistas. Then another sales rep said 7. It could be 7 coupes and 4 spiders. I don’t know.

Another individual stated 700 coupes for the US and 300 or so Spiders. That seems to support the 7/11 number from my dealership.

I don’t know the exact number. All I know is that it’s an exceedingly difficult car to find or buy. Any that are available are over msrp currently.

It will be interesting to see how this shakes out with regards to final production numbers.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  19. junc

junc Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 2, 2007
    Chicago/Laguna Beach
    Full Name:
    Jun
    Yes would consider it if there is one.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

20. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    pista's aren't really selling here in the uk on the second market, no interest in them at the current asking prices

I think the f8 has played a factor in this amongst other things.

BarryK, MANDALAY and Sushistar like this.
  21. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    At my dealer, Pista allocation was available only to those with steep history and some were required to purchase a Portofina or Lusso.

Given a choice between Pista or F8, clearly the former would be the preference. But cost factors into most purchasing decisions. How much more is the Pista worth bearing in mind that both cars are very similar.

22. SAT4RE

SAT4RE Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2003
    Blairsville, GA
    Like JM2, I was also at the Concours de Elegance of America and saw the F8 on display. In person, the F8 is truly stunning. I am most excited to report that, at least to my eye, the rear end is easily its best feature and looks fantastic. This is a situation where pictures absolutley do no justice to how the car actually looks.

anishka, stavura, bwshihtzu and 4 others like this.
  23. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

When you say the car or when you went to spec did you notice on the windscreen the tinted section where the rear view camera is ? Its bigger than the 488 and has a clear hole also.

Wanting to know the reason. Maybe camera or sensor for adaptive cruise control ?

24. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Did not notice it.

25. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO