Who should replace Vettel? | Page 9 | FerrariChat

Who should replace Vettel?

Discussion in 'F1' started by Flavio_C, Jul 16, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Who should replace Vettel?

1. Alonso

2. Rosberg

3. Button

4. Barrichello

5. Other (please mention)

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    I would question "undeniably" - he did great, but finished first having started second, while Vettel finished second having started twentieth - and this starting position was completely out of his control.
    Regarding Ferrari and Mercedes, to me it's clear Mercedes has globally the better car and the better team management, but Merc's drivers are not that exceptional as was shown today.

SimCity3, daytona355 and CRG125 like this.
  2. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Even a blind man can see they have less bad days than Vettel !

What are you trying to prove here?

ktu likes this.
  3. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Nothing, I just look at the facts - in normal conditions the Mercedes is so superior that they quietly start from the front and win without any threat; they would need to be exceptionnally weak to screw up in such conditions.
    On the other hand Ferrari's drivers typically struggle with an inferior car and questionable strategies, which is not the most comfortable situation.
    Today the conditions were unusual and Mercedes had bad strategies - and we saw the effect on their drivers.

Bas, daytona355 and william like this.
  4. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Freak weather during a race like today can bring unpredictable result, as we have seen. We agree on that.
    Interesting to reshuffle the cards from time to time, but I won't draw any conclusion from that

Mark(study) likes this.
  5. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Another attack on someone enthusiastic at a good display by Sebastian and trying to congratulate Mercedes despite their ****ing it right up today, all the while supposedly having no interest in anything but the generic racing......... yeah right... careful incitement as always in those posts, pure and simple.

kes7u, TifosiUSA and Bas like this.
  6. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    ...and that puts us right in the shoes of Ferrari drivers who have to deal with constant screw ups from the team, race after race, year after year...The pressure at Ferrari is enormous with an entire country calling for your head if you as the driver screw up. Same goes for the team, of course...screw up and they'll call for your head! The working environment when not winning is terrible at Ferrari, sadly. Italians are an emotional folk.

Lewis shows time and time again how fragile he is when things don't go exactly according to plan. Hell, he cries on the radio when he's bloody leading the race and someone is a bit too close for him...imagine him at Ferrari? I think they'd disable the mic after the first race....

Vettel obviously struggles mentally at Ferrari. It just shows how incredible mental strength both Schumacher and Kimi had. Vettel tries so hard to perform the car to an even higher standard so mistakes happen...it's a shame. If the car was on par with Mercedes (or within a tenth at least) we could see an entirely different seb, probably back to his Red Bull levels. It would elevate him and the team knowing they can actually fight for a title...but when you drive so hard just to get close to a cruising mercedes...mistakes happen.

Vettel endures a lot of stress from tfosi and his detractors, from myself included. Yesterday was a great result and I hope he'll remember this drive of his...

375+, P.Singhof, dflett and 5 others like this.
  7. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    While we are considering how maybe sebs run of bad luck may have finally reversed today, have a little thought for Valtteri Bottles.....insinuated by Sky yesterday, he was fighting back the tears after the race, and specifically after a short debrief conversation with Toto, and they speculate that he may have been told he is surplus to requirements for next year.

My guess, Mercedes are putting together the biggest package ever to try to get the rain master max into their garage for next year. If they do, Elton retires I think as I don’t see him wanting to have to prove what his fans claim as he knows he would come up short against a proper talent and racer like Max, and they may promote Ocon internally or look to hire support - who do you all think will form the Mercedes team next year?

stavura and Sig. Roma like this.
  8. Sig. Roma

Sig. Roma Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 11, 2007
    Bella Italia
    Full Name:
    Dom T.
    I've heard Ocon's name mentioned at Haas as a replacement for Grosjean.

daytona355 likes this.
  9. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

Seb showed that he can still deliver. The only top driver who didn't make a mistake yesterday.

Ricciardo partnering Lewis would work.

Max suits the non-corporate spirit of Red Bull and he should nail at least one WDC with them. He has plenty of years ahead to cruise around in a dominant Merc, which quite frankly I am not looking forward to.

10. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    agree on all.

11. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    Man, what inspires you to come up with such aspirational narratives?

Flavio_C, VPX and william like this.
  12. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Who should replace Vettel ?

Who I would really like is that bloke who came from the last place on the grid yesterday and didn't put a foot wrong.
    He had the right attitude, overtaking skills and car control.
    If we could have him guaranteeing to turn up for EVERY race, then I would be very happy indeed.

Save us a ton of cash too, which we could spend on developing the cars.

stavura, P.Singhof and Stradalelover like this.
  13. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    lando?started 19th

14. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

G. Steiner likes French drivers ?

15. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Ended ?

I like him though

16. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    IF is the key word here !

17. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    Geezus christ, 5 world tittles and he is not a proper talent?! :eek:

bmwracer and william like this.
  18. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    :D

19. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I think it’s spelt J E S U S. happy to help

20. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak

I can’t help it, I’ve forgotten more about f1 than most people know..... go figure!

21. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    Feeling a bit self-impressed today?

22. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

"You don't know when the morphine finally takes hold of you "

from Fear, and Loathing in Las Vegas, by Hunter S. Thompson -

Flavio_C and bmwracer like this.
  23. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I always impress myself T, can’t help it. Greatness has its own rewards...

24. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Careful what you imply willy, why make silly insinuations, why not be direct and say what you think, it may be liberating?

25. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    By packing this into quotes he can still try to convince the mods that he is the good one who does not use polemics in discussions :rolleyes: It obviously worked out by now.....

kes7u, Bas and daytona355 like this.