Will Pista Production end in Dec 2019? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Will Pista Production end in Dec 2019?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Shack, Jul 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Maybe. I’m not in a rush. Happy to wait. Deposit is paid and I have a signed agreement. I was originally told year end delivery so it’s not a surprise to me in any way.

exoticcardreamer likes this.
  2. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Btw- I actually never went through with the spider order. I specced it out with my salesperson- but it never actually was submitted to the factory. I bailed on it prior to that.

exoticcardreamer likes this.
  3. raclaims

raclaims Formula Junior

Jun 6, 2007
    Northern NJ
    Yep...mine was supposed to be late December and it's already built

4. ajr550

ajr550 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2014
    UK and Caribbean
    Full Name:
    Andrew Roberts
    Yes.

of2worlds likes this.
  5. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Why would that matter? He placed an order for a higher end VS car. It's fairly normal practice and shouldn't matter, even in the US. It can easily go from MODIS 10 to 40 or higher within a foreseeable future.

6. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    My spider order never went to the factory. I cancelled it after speccing and realizing that I don’t really like convertibles and the financial hit to go from a coupe to a spider was not worth it for me even though I would have earned brownie points with the dealer.

I feel fortunate that I have a good relationship with my dealer and have referred them enough business over the years that I was allocated a Pista regardless.

sampelligrino likes this.
  7. exoticcardreamer

exoticcardreamer Formula 3

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    Not specific to his scenario but....

Dealers who control a good portion of the allocation process may give allocations of cars based on past purchases or a purchase that you have to do to get the in demand car.

Cancel the required purchase that you may have had to do in order to be able to get the in demand car then it can have repercussions/implications.

I've seen where a person didn't get the car that they spec'd from the dealer (dealer gave the car to someone else) because of similar circumstances (ie; cancelling a car order that was a wink]wink required purchase).

Put it this way; Dealers are smart enough that they know people will play ball and could do a U-Turn. Usually, the purchase that got someone the in demand car has to be taken delivery of before the in demand car comes in. If one cancels that purchase then it doesn't bode well for the later in coming car.

If a person didn't take delivery of their portofino or lusso then there is a good chance that they aren't going to get the Pista. If one could do this then no one would be taking delivery of the required purchases.

8. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Nice, yeah if it never got submitted your good.

Il Co-Pilota likes this.
  9. Elisesko

Elisesko Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 27, 2016
    Mine was green 10 from at least April 30th to just last week.

10. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Agreed. If you commit to something with the dealer and you back out, then they would be well within their rights to not give you an allocation. Different from my situation but valid point nonetheless.

11. MarkTodd

MarkTodd Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 3, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mark
    My build was very similar, RC with all carbon options. Hopefully you'll see some action soon!

SoCal to az likes this.
  12. FordGTDriver

FordGTDriver Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2007
    One more data point...I ordered my car last week, the order is now Red 10. Dealer told me it will be a MY 2020, delivered around Christmas but probably sooner. Never been told that (the "sooner" part) before when ordering an F car. Not sure what to make of it.

13. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Thx. As I stated I have been anticipating a year end delivery. Still on track for that.

MarkTodd likes this.
  14. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    This supports the theory that production will end in December. After the August recess, in addition to Portifinos, 812s, Lussos- you will have the Pista and Pista Spider wrapping up and the SF90 and F8 starting production. First F8s are due to hit q1 which means production starts q4 2019.

15. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Indeed. And as I said, I think it has nothing to do with avoiding GPF's and all to do with clearing the production lines for the new cars.
    Once the F8 is done, Little Brother will need a line as well. so looks like the overall F8 run will be fairly short.

Nothing but hybrids by then. The end of an era - but very exciting.

16. Johnnugget

Johnnugget Karting

Jan 19, 2018
    Full Name:
    John Nugget
    Green just means order accepted. The dealer sets the production slot for your car but the factory can move it as they like.
    10R to leaving the factory took almost 4 month for me.

Take into consideration that almost every car has to be painted outside of the factory due to optioned stripes or special paint at an external location. Special paints and Tailor Made have just been announced to be delayed by almost 3 month.

Most US cars are set for the end of the production period from summer 2020 so they can deliver as many European cars as possible until then.
    My dealer still has over 30 Pista coupe's and a couple of spider scheduled for 2020.

Right - the next GPF restrictions will set in with 2021. That's why they have to finish the Pista production by the end of 2020.

of2worlds likes this.
  17. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    The OP was talking about end of 2019..

18. NeilF8888

NeilF8888 Formula 3

Feb 10, 2005
    Miami Beach
    I was told Ferrari had received a 90 day extension on the original Dec 19 cutoff date and all non GPF cars will be built by then and that will end all Pista and Pista Spider production.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

of2worlds likes this.
  19. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    If you take all the Pista C and Pista S cars still in the pipeline, there's absolutely no way they can finish them by Feb 2020. They will definitely build them to Q2 next year. I highly doubt they will tell all their Pista spider clients that they won't get their car...

20. Elisesko

Elisesko Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 27, 2016

21. Elisesko

Elisesko Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 27, 2016
    #46 Elisesko, Jul 30, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2019

Oops...poor quoting skills on my part. More a comment on possible support for factory getting Europe and others out first like discussed here and in other spots.

22. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    They only give out allocations that they know they can build. This has been baked into their schedule and the schedule says production will end December of this year. Deliveries will trickle into next year.

23. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Not sure if it's that simple. When the Pista Spider launched, I was told that Pista Spider builds were planned well into 2020.
    I spoke to what I will call a fairly reliable source, and he said that early Pista Spider orders would arrive here in Europe in mid-to-late Q4 on to early Q2 2020. Add to that the Pista Spider allocations not yet sold, as well as all the Pista Spiders that is currently being specced but are behind that lot waiting.

Have you been directly told that Ferrari never intended to start Pista builds later than December? Because that is news to me, and my local Euro dealer is quite well supplied when it comes to Pista allocations as well as info. Lots of Corse Cliente customers etc. here, and a fair share of deliveries. Last I heard they expect Pista spider deliveries well into the end of 2020. It's not a small dealer with little info. They have delivered well over 10 Pista Piloti so far. Their info usually seem to be correct when I look back.

Not saying things can't have changed, just strikes me as odd if thd last builds should start in December. To my knowledge, there are even still Pista Spider allocations to be had here in Europe. I can't possibly see how Ferrari can wrap all this up in 4 months.

Just my 02:)

24. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I dont know where you are getting your information from but I have never heard Pista production past end of this year. makes no sense to sell the Pista and F8 at the same time.

mkraft3003 likes this.
  25. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Went 10 red today. locked and loaded.

stavura, junc, johnr265 and 3 others like this.