Stereo wiring diagram for 360 | FerrariChat

Stereo wiring diagram for 360

Discussion in '360/430' started by djastral69, Feb 17, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. djastral69

djastral69 Formula 3

Aug 6, 2007
    Fl
    Full Name:
    David
    #1 djastral69, Feb 17, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2010
    I'm looking for a diagram of the wiring harness for the speakers in my 360 from the stereo and or amplifier. Any help on this information would be greatly appreciated.

'D

2. sclja

sclja Formula Junior
    BANNED

May 23, 2004
    San Diego Ca
    Full Name:
    Scott Cairncross
    #2 sclja, Feb 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    depending on what you are planning to do here is the radio diagram... Dont have the amp diagram.. The radio has 2 sets of line outputs that are not being used as the stock amp (if you have the subwoofer option) uses speaker level inputs. Let me know if you have questions as I can help you.

Scott
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. djastral69

djastral69 Formula 3

Aug 6, 2007
    Fl
    Full Name:
    David
    Thanks for the reply, I need to know the wiring diagram or what color the wires are that come 'Out' of the amp to the speakers ie: Tweeter and Mid-bass so that I can use them when installing an amplifier. Any help would be Greatly appreciated.

'D

4. gobble

gobble Formula 3
    Owner Regional Sponsor

Jan 29, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Ferrarifobs.com
    Andy at Project 2 Customs in Waukesha, WI has a 360 and might be a good resource if you want to give him a call. I know he has done upgrades to his audio system.

5. djastral69

djastral69 Formula 3

Aug 6, 2007
    Fl
    Full Name:
    David
    #5 djastral69, Feb 18, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2010
    Thank you sir, I'll give him a call.

6. gobble

gobble Formula 3
    Owner Regional Sponsor

Jan 29, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Ferrarifobs.com
  7. djastral69

djastral69 Formula 3

Aug 6, 2007
    Fl
    Full Name:
    David
    Thank you sir, do you have a phone number by chance? Thank you

8. djastral69

djastral69 Formula 3

Aug 6, 2007
    Fl
    Full Name:
    David
    Well, once again F~Chat has come through again! Andy at Project Two Customs and Scott at La Jolla Audio have given me tons of help and I couldn't be more thankful. Thanks again guys and I'll take photos of the vehicle when it's done.

By the way Scott, I took your advice and ordered the harness and Arc Audio amp, Great idea!!!

David

9. djastral69

djastral69 Formula 3

Aug 6, 2007
    Fl
    Full Name:
    David
    Absolutely, Thanks to Andy(Project Two Audio) and Scott(La Jolla Audio).
    Two Guys who without their help it wuoldn't have been possible. I'll shooot pics this weekend. By the way here's what I put in:
    JL Audio 6.5 component speakers. Any at Project Two Audio makes replacement grills that replace the ones GLUED to the factory speakers. No worries as they can be taken out and Man they Look Good! Thanks Andy!
    Alpine IDA-X100 (the new one is the IDA-X305 hate it as it's all chrome in trim vs. pewter on the X100) head unit(dedicated for the iPod). For the wiring harness use the standard VW harness adapter it is a Perfect cross reference. Scott...You're the Man!
    Arc Audio mini amp 125.4 which is mounted Under the dash (Thank you Scott again at La Jolla Audio for the heads up!)
    JL Audio CP108LG-W3v3 Subwoofer that fits Perfectly behind the passenger seat.

I LOVE the sound of My F~Car and the Capristo Level 3 with the top down, No Doubt!
    But, I like to listen to music as well and honestly guys the stereo in almost All Exotics Is Rubbish! I've had an Aston Martin DB9 (Martin Logan 4K upgrade factory stereo) Rubbish!, Lamborghini Murcielago Roadster Rubbish! Now Ferrari 360 Spider...Ahem Rubbish! Lol, I know you guys agree, admit it! I'm not a guy who wants to win a DB contest at the local Car audio competition but I do like to listen to music and turn it up a bit and not have it sound like utter ****.

This setup that I put together costs about $1,300.00 and some time, that's it. If anyone needs some advice or help PM me as I would love to help my fellow F~Chatters have music as well.

Again, the cool part fellas, I did it all myself in Five hours with No wire splicing of Any kind. It is Totally Reversible to stock when I sell the vehicle!

10. sclja

sclja Formula Junior
    BANNED

May 23, 2004
    San Diego Ca
    Full Name:
    Scott Cairncross
    Your welcome Andy, I enjoyed helping you with the project and I hope you get a lot of enjoyment out of your new sound system!

Sc

11. djastral69

djastral69 Formula 3

Aug 6, 2007
    Fl
    Full Name:
    David
    Hey Scott, It's David by the way HaHa, no biggie though. Andy(Andrew) is the owner of Project Two Audio and Customs in Wi. He fabricated the replacement grills, Amazing job by the way!

David

12. wahoowa

wahoowa F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2008
    _East Coast_
    Full Name:
    Bill
    David, this amp is really only 12" x 5" x 1.5" ??? There's no SQL trade off? Runs cool (enough)? Can you mono bridge two of the channels and run it as 75 x 75 x 250 (sub)

I have a vehicle that I want to "skinny" down the amp config to create more cargo space and this sucker might be the ticket!

Do post pics! :)

13. djastral69

djastral69 Formula 3

Aug 6, 2007
    Fl
    Full Name:
    David
    #13 djastral69, Mar 5, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2010
    Yes, Amazing isn't it! I called Arc and talked to the tech and he said that the true output is around 100w per channel rms and 250w rms bridged to the rear. Like any other respectable manufacturer the printed wattage is conservative. Here's the spec sheet:

http://www.arcaudio.com/productdescription_pages/amplifiers/ks-series/ks-125.4.asp

I have mine mounted Under the dash! The system for all intensive purposes the system looks stock with the exception of the Alpine IDA-X100 head unit and JL Sub unit behind the passenger seat.

14. wahoowa

wahoowa F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2008
    _East Coast_
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Where'd ya mount the tweeters?

15. FerrariDenmark

FerrariDenmark Karting

Aug 12, 2009
    Denmark
    #15 FerrariDenmark, Nov 6, 2015
    Could someone help me with a picture of how the original wires connects to the radio power socket - as you can see, a previos owner has ruined mine :-(
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

16. FerrariDenmark

FerrariDenmark Karting

Aug 12, 2009
    Denmark
    #16 FerrariDenmark, Nov 8, 2015
  17. FerrariDenmark

FerrariDenmark Karting

Aug 12, 2009
    Denmark
    #17 FerrariDenmark, Nov 8, 2015
  18. fivegolfers

fivegolfers Karting

Mar 25, 2011
    East Wenatchee, WA
    Full Name:
    Todd S
    Hey there! So I am upgrading -- first my stereo head and then other stuff. So have the existing Becker with 6 cd changer from my 2004 spider (the changer went TU) -- and am putting in a Pioneer 6120...was wondering about the wiring harness -- can you reverify that the standard VW harness is what I should do/get? THANKS!!!! Where are the pics ?!? :)
    Todd

19. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    Take a look at Scuderia Audio. They have great stuff and can hook you up.

SoftwareDrone likes this.
  20. fivegolfers

fivegolfers Karting

Mar 25, 2011
    East Wenatchee, WA
    Full Name:
    Todd S
    spent a ton of time visiting with Mike at SA - he is the best and we are well on our way for the upgrade! Thanks, Skid!

SoftwareDrone likes this.
  21. fivegolfers

fivegolfers Karting

Mar 25, 2011
    East Wenatchee, WA
    Full Name:
    Todd S
    BTW -- where does anyone put their bluetooth microphones ?!?!?

22. kaj750

kaj750 Karting

May 9, 2022
    Fresno, CA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Bumping to ask: has anyone figured this stuff out? I have my stereo sitting on the floor of my car, waiting to figure out which wires are power/switched/ground.
    I think I know but would rather not find out, the hard way, that I'm wrong.

23. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Scuderia Audio has had all this figured out for years.

There are basically two ways you can upgrade the amplifier in your hi-fi 360/430 without hacking up the stock hi-fi harness. You can either plug in an adapter box with the OEM amplifier plug on one side and a standard electrical terminal block on the other side (that has all of the connections clearly marked), or you can purchase a 420-Watt, high end plug and play amplifier to replace the stock hi-fi booster.

Hi-fi amplifier converter box video:

Plug and play amplifier video:

Converter box: https://scuderiaaudio.com/product/360-430-hi-fi-amp-adapter/

Super amp: https://scuderiaaudio.com/product/360-430-super-amplifier/

FYI as of Jan. 2024, Scuderia Audio has sold well over 200 super amps and around 25 big scary adapters. The super amp is really the way to go unless you're installing an amplifier so big that it won't fit inside of the stock amplifier cradle.

24. kaj750

kaj750 Karting

May 9, 2022
    Fresno, CA
    Full Name:
    Jason

Good info.

Re my post: if someone has information regarding which wires are which, I would definitely appreciate it.

25. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike