Anyone want a slightly used Pista? | FerrariChat

Anyone want a slightly used Pista?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by amgm5s8, Jul 31, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Manda racing

Manda racing Formula 3

Feb 25, 2015
    Bakersfield, Ca
    Full Name:
    Mark
    #2 Manda racing, Jul 31, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2019
    Nice spec. Hope they don’t use the Copart 11 ft Forklifts on it as per usual.

2. Evo X

Evo X Karting

Jun 16, 2018
    Chicago
    Wow, only 149 miles.

How much over MSRP should I offer?:)

Manda racing and Clay512TR like this.
  3. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    It'll probably sell for more than it's worth and whoever buys it probably won't make any money. Nice spec, though.

4. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    Looks like we found the president of the "More Money Than Brains" club.

Clay512TR likes this.
  5. alelaw

alelaw Rookie

May 2, 2007
  6. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Like the Speciale, it will depreciate eventually. Nobody who buys it will make any money. Paying kver sticker for a used car that will depreciate makes little sense o me.

7. SLDriver

SLDriver Formula Junior

May 1, 2005
    Comes with dried up blood as well!

8. INRange

INRange F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2014
    Virginia/Florida/Caymans
    Full Name:
    JD
    This guy might want have someone with him that knows cars. The 360 had a fire and he thought the engine was just dirty. Blood in the Pista didn't look like a spilled drink.....

Ssaa77 likes this.
  9. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    I agree with your statement and analysis on the short term. Nothing to look for except depreciation and properly enjoying the car.

However, if things remain as they are, we’ll be driving cars that won’t be powered by fossil fuel and/or we won’t be driving at all. I find it impossible that this won’t have any bearing in the value of these cars. I believe they’ll depreciate steeply and appreciate steeply again. If it will be enough to make money or not, it’s another matter entirely (perhaps in most cases it won’t and that’s fine: these things are meant to be enjoyed - invest on the market!). Most owners who appreciate these cars, can afford them and properly maintain them, couldn’t possibly care less about depreciation and don’t buy these things expecting to make a profit. If it happens, fine, they’ll take it, but it’s far from being their chief concern.

I can’t see the Speciale and the Pista not being considered desirable in any possible circumstance. Sure, technology grows old and in some years’ time, it will be tough to find the computers and programs to adequately maintain these cars, but people adapt, and I can’t see anyone passing the opportunity to own one just because changing oil and filters isn’t as easy as it once was.

I find the video a bit sensationalist, but at least it got us talking about a great special edition Ferrari. Just my humble 2 cents anyway.

Kind regards,

Nuno.

Booker, Actualizer and SoCal to az like this.
  10. Clay512TR

Clay512TR Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2015
    Sammamish, WA
    Full Name:
    Clayton Lee Stephens
    When do items like last naturally aspirated V8 etc come into play in regards to depreciation? Speciale is special in many ways so I am not 100% on your “...Speciale will depreciate eventually”. Though I did not buy one to make money, I find it intriguing and somewhat fascinating that the Speciale is compared to the model that replaced it so favorably. (I don’t believe that is common with most new models?). Time will of course tell the story here but the Speciale has a pretty strong story which is still being told.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shadowfax and SoCal to az like this.
  11. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I was going to say- not sure the Speciale has depreciated st all. Still at msrp as far as I can tell.

Manda racing and Il Co-Pilota like this.
  12. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    If they are still selling @ msrp in the states, I would still consider that depreciation when you factor in inflation.
    Are you sure the cars that are listed @ or just above MSRP are actually moving? On this side of the pond, they need to be below MSRP to move.

13. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I mean 4 years later if it’s st or slightly below msrp I’d consider that a win. And I think in many of these discussions, it would be helpful if members put their locations in their signatures. Yes Europe and the US are completely different. I was referring to US Speciales.

AlfistaPortoghese likes this.
  14. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    My location is in my signature:)

Anyway. it's definitely a win at any rate. Having a Speciale or a Pista for that matter is a win no matter what.

15. mpatrizio

mpatrizio Formula Junior

Dec 29, 2004
    Miami, Fl
    Full Name:
    Mike P.
    It’s interesting that this car hasn’t sold yet. Insurance company reserve hasn’t been met yet.

If it’s ever met.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

16. mpatrizio

mpatrizio Formula Junior

Dec 29, 2004
    Miami, Fl
    Full Name:
    Mike P.
    Apparently the car sold at auction.

Anyone have any idea what it sold for?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

17. boobernackle