F430 motor mounts are these bad :) | FerrariChat

F430 motor mounts are these bad :)

Discussion in '360/430' started by 65ffrcobra, May 16, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 65ffrcobra

65ffrcobra Rookie

Jun 6, 2018
    Full Name:
    Gary Evans
    Well I was getting some funny shifting and it seemed like there was a lot moving around so I thought I would check my motor mounts. They are cracked and look sacked out but I did not get the satisfaction of seeing them fall apart like other ones on the web?

ok if they are bad where do I get new ones? eurospares seems to have the best price, 98 euros each. can or should I use the 2006 challenge ones?

https://hm8rhq.ch.files.1drv.com/y4mEwnwt1Xx8g8EvrxOiuez3jI6jCNd-Q5ig1EEyTJ9soIMqeqLN0yeJE0b5gmwRRJ96cqzxQ3SrFIeXTH9jZ_lu2jw8bhmSmasgM1qn2OlaCZyeGI5_pFdbedBqQyEKtU87ldgGS3d6cZAKeuMNDJl9fXvJVFFCIwq88djluNXVwjk3qVn_do67QuRqS8R0QEi33rOok0PpaErL9aNl3cBnQ?width=3024&height=4032&cropmode=none

https://hm8shq.ch.files.1drv.com/y4mXDfz510DCE84xlW0t7AqEgnd3w2t4qmNdB9q593H2Xkc2LO858GXyLbHdFnIipZ-nuo1knOqyIoWeejG-vKeSg6AKV5Tj7y0TNjIFWgwQQaz7yui4Rl0rpqbfTEeK3RrKxTTphJhzLOzBfQ8ML69aXN0xY6YnrxV8smoquOC_FG0bfWNNDox1bymFL47vT7wnMBAinUNrQhWChtilGhD2g?width=4032&height=3024&cropmode=none

2. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

i assume challenge ones are going to put too much stress on everything. i could be wrong
    just put new OEM in there and you are good for another few years

3. 65ffrcobra

65ffrcobra Rookie

Jun 6, 2018
    Full Name:
    Gary Evans
    Yeah probably worth it for comfort. did the picture show up?[​IMG][​IMG]

4. 65ffrcobra

65ffrcobra Rookie

Jun 6, 2018
    Full Name:
    Gary Evans
    Eurospares has two part numbers for standard 430

216357 $95 euro
    and
    216357a $79 euro this is an aftermarket pad does anyone have any experience with it? Sure I'd like to save $40 but I really want what is best. Most of the time thats oem but not always

5. cfensty

cfensty Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 1, 2008
    South Carolina
  6. 65ffrcobra

65ffrcobra Rookie

Jun 6, 2018
    Full Name:
    Gary Evans
    i ordered the original motor mounts and stuff for some fluid changes.

7. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Yes, mine were that bad too.

I changed mine recently and went with OE.
    I ordered mine from Eurospares UK.

And most likely your gearbox bushings are wont out too. Mine is and I will be replacing my gearbox bushing soon. I will post here a DIY once Im done.

Dan

f355spider likes this.
  8. 65ffrcobra

65ffrcobra Rookie

Jun 6, 2018
    Full Name:
    Gary Evans
    That gearbox bushing does not look fun, I look forward to the tutorial. Mine looked good, I could not see any cracks.
    these motor mounts are easy, like a 15 min job once the tray is off. I do have it on a 4 post lift though that helps :)

9. sierra055

sierra055 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 25, 2016
    Melbourne, AU
    Full Name:
    Marshall
    Just be aware that Eurospares don't include the washer insert. On the 430 part diagram, it doesn't look to be included anyway, but on the 360 one it does.
    You could probably reuse the old one, but for me, if I'm going to that trouble (and I did last year) I would replace everything including the mounting bolts (which I did)

10. sierra055

sierra055 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 25, 2016
    Melbourne, AU
    Full Name:
    Marshall
    Engine mounts were probably the easiest job I've done on my car, including a coolant flush lol.
    I also changed the upper and lower gearbox mounts. Upper was pretty straight forward, but lower was trickier as a press had to be made up by bastardising a socket and some threaded rod

11. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Mine is an F430 so I only have one gearbox bushing.

I also bought the Hill Engineering Bushing Removal Tool for easier removal & installation.

I also already printed the workshop manual instructions so Im ready to go.

Will share F430 DIY here soon including all the WSM pages and tips and tricks of the trade.

Dan

12. 65ffrcobra

65ffrcobra Rookie

Jun 6, 2018
    Full Name:
    Gary Evans
    #12 65ffrcobra, May 21, 2019
    Last edited: May 21, 2019
    Got these installed today, very nice its very firm back there, shifts great and it got rid of a little rattle I had when i took off from a stop or low rpm acceleration, I guess that was the stops rattling on the mount.

are these oem mounts? they were wrapped in bubble wrap where everything else came in Ferrari packaging. if they are aftermarket they seem to work fine but I paid for oem ;)

[​IMG]
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

13. LorenzoR

LorenzoR F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

I just bought the same motor mounts 216357 pictured above from eurospares and they came wrapped in cardboard and bubble wrap. My first thought was are these OEM or aftermarket cuz I specifically ordered OEM. When I emailed him he tells me that they buy a hundred of these at a time so they don't come in the fancy box. Who knows. I'm not looking at it right this second so I don't remember seeing a part number on the mount it self.

14. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Hi Lorenzo,

I ordered mine from Superformance UK and they are OE (Original Equpment.)
    Part number is 216357.

I think what Eurospares sell is an after market.
    I did not see any reviews on the one that Eurospares sell on how durable it is so I decided to go OE again and ordered mine from Superformance UK.

Hope that helps.

Dan

15. LorenzoR

LorenzoR F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

I'm not sure what to do right now. He told me it's OEM and he buys a hundred at a time. Sounds a little odd to me

16. Jgivoo

Jgivoo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2016
    New Jersey
    it is quite possible they are OEM. The coolant caps I sell are OEM and bought in bulk from the OEM manufacturer. They came in a big box, none wrapped separately. That is quite possibly the way Eurospares buys the mounts.

17. LorenzoR

LorenzoR F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Can anyone confirm if theres a part number stamped on an OEM mount,,Thanks

18. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

#18 Ricambi America, Aug 1, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
    They always come to me like this (see below). I'm sure whatever you got is fine and will last at least a few years.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

19. LorenzoR

LorenzoR F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Thank you Daniel and you're probably right that they will be just fine. I just kind of like to know what I'm getting and it was kind of odd that they are not packaged up. I bought some odds and ends used parts from them so I figured I'd just add that to the order. I should have probably just bought them from you. But oh well

20. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Mine is OE and came wrapped with plastic with Ferrari part number just like the one that Ricambi sells.

I think the one you got Lorenzo is just fine.

But if it bothers you that much then return what you got and order OE ones from Ricambi.
    Always remember that you cannot put a price tag on peace of mind.

So always aim for a quick resolution whenever problem arises. Dont let things bother you too long.

Dan

MCASEY likes this.