430 Scuds that don’t sell for years | Page 7 | FerrariChat

430 Scuds that don’t sell for years

Discussion in '360/430' started by OneFastM3, Jun 15, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Titanium exhaust pipe option on the rosso corsa one

Manda racing likes this.
  2. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Manda racing likes this.
  3. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    The CNC/Illuso scud sold last week aparently. Ask was 150. IMO a nice 09 driver that one woulnt feel too bad about putting miles on yet low enough to in good condition.

Blackfspider likes this.
  4. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Possi Blu car had at least 1 sideskirt damage. Maybe a wheel damage as well. Interior looked fine, but steering wheel looked dirty because it was light gray. Rest of the car seemed fine. I always said that was a sub $150k car. They tried selling in the $160's.. never worked.

5. kiryu

kiryu Formula Junior

Mar 28, 2016
    Los Angeles
    i seen the blue car in person and also reviewed the PPI. That car at a minimum would need 15-20k of work to be acceptable for my taste, and 40-50k if you want it to be perfectly comparable to others. Yes based on miles that's a good car, but only if you want to use it as a rental/track car and not spend anything on it. The interior is quite disgusting, both seat and thigh bolsters and steering wheels are dirty and worn, stuff that you have to look at everyday. Makes me wonder was the car ever being used as a coach car if not why is the passenger equally as worn as the driver's side. Then there's the missing radio code, key, cracked bumper and sideskirts, burnt carbon in the engine bay, heat cracked rear window and lots of signs of track use...u would think 150 is cheap, i had it 10% off and still had to walk away

6. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    ^^ that’s a crying shame

Sent from my 16M

chris0315 likes this.
  7. kiryu

kiryu Formula Junior

Mar 28, 2016
    Los Angeles
    oh yeah and that's only big cosmetic issues, havent even get to the minor cosmetic and mechanical ones...
    a shame indeed, the car looks nice from far

8. scuderia09

scuderia09 Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 6, 2007
    Na i don't think so , like to see a 2 tone interior on a real Scuderia maybe your thinking of F430

9. scuderia09

scuderia09 Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 6, 2007
    I don,t think so , building Scuderia without a order Ferrari don't work that way try buying a Ferrari without a order at a dealer , lol...dream on

10. scuderia09

scuderia09 Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 6, 2007
    So 1500 Scuds. world wide is alot ?????????????

11. barabba

barabba Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2007
    Ticino / Zurich
    Considering how many I see around, there are many more than 1500. There are what, 1200 CSs... and it’s very rare to see any around. Go to a Ferrari car meet and count how many Scuds you see.

Shark01 likes this.
  12. scuderia09

scuderia09 Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 6, 2007
    there no Scuderia at these Ferrari car meets don't know which meets you go too, in Canada there maybe 4 or 5 in the whole country

13. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Agreed, I rarely see a CS around here unless it is a friends...but I see a bunch of Scuderias in the Seattle area. They must be at least 8 or 9 that I know about...probably more that I don't know.

Shark01 likes this.
  14. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    I've only seen a Scud on the streets maybe 3 times randomly (not car meet or show). One Grigio Silverstone on the hwy. One parked in front of a store on PCH. That's about it. There's not enough Scuds made imo lol.

f355spider and tonyswfla like this.
  15. ChipG

ChipG Formula 3

May 26, 2011
    Santa Monica, CA
    I see a lot of Scuds in Los Angeles / SoCal and at meetups but not 1 CS in about 5 years on the road, seems like most the CS owners are preserving their cars and keeping them as investments/showpieces and the Scud guys are not to that point yet. I have been on the fence about buying a Scud for a long time.

16. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Now’s the time to jump in. A decent Scud won’t be this low in price again in the future.

Sent from my 16M

ChipG, f355spider and flash32 like this.
  17. kiryu

kiryu Formula Junior

Mar 28, 2016
    Los Angeles
    yeah it's kinda hard to say how long it will take for the scud to start going up in price. Most brokers/wholsalers I spoke to didnt think it's a rare car, and is in fact still depreciating. I do think it's a lot of car for the money and is definitely a keeper in the long run

18. scuderia09

scuderia09 Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 6, 2007
    don't know where your getting your info. from the Scuderia is a very rare car , only 1500 build world wide , do your reseach

19. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Stop saying its 1500. If it were 1500 ferrari wld have declared it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

f355spider and Shark01 like this.
  20. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    I think it goes both ways; they neither confirm or deny low production numbers for any limited editions. It’s worked well for Ferrari so far, why change lol.

21. redcaruser

redcaruser Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2012
    switzerland
    Full Name:
    daniel
    Someone who wants to buy a Scuderia because it is rare does not understand this car.

f355spider and LARRYH like this.
  22. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    LOL

23. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    Like it or not, that is part of the appeal for us 3rd or 4th tier buyers....we want to preserve capital if possible, otherwise I would buy a 720S....my bank would happily finance it for me with $150k down.

24. redcaruser

redcaruser Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2012
    switzerland
    Full Name:
    daniel
    I’m fine with your standpoint, nothing against preserving capital.

Let’s face it, a Scuderia isn’t a limited car, many are in the market, the prices are in the basement, I don’t see a big potential for an increase in value. Nevertheless I would buy, if I wouldn’t have one already, a Scud at any time. With a little bit gasoline in blood the speciality of this car is obvious. Big emotions for less money. Rare or not, for me such a crazy car is a must have.

The 720S is a good example for a comparison, drove one a few days ago. Fast like hell, but after a half hour I got used to it and I gave back this car with no intention to buy it. A car without the potential to activate additional “must have” emotions. The question of “preserving capital” was never raised.