How many Pista? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

How many Pista?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by acw, Apr 18, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Did you go with a 'safe' color for the Pista or something more interesting?
    Patience is a virtue but virtue is it's own punishment.:D
    Plane or Boat?

Shadowfax likes this.
  2. ajr550

ajr550 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2014
    UK and Caribbean
    Full Name:
    Andrew Roberts
    Been waiting for all my Ferraris (always ordered them new) which went as high as 12 months and it was always a breeze to handle, but the Pista wait is something of a different kind.[/QUOTE]

If you had ordered a new 812 in UK you really would know what waiting is all about !!!

Lukeylikey likes this.
  3. boobernackle

boobernackle Formula Junior

May 28, 2016
    Every Ferrari I've ordered has been standard RC. Saw a gray with CF wheels and it looked epic, but the cost of the wheels (forget about repairs) and production impact was too much to stomach.

of2worlds likes this.
  4. boobernackle

boobernackle Formula Junior

May 28, 2016

If you had ordered a new 812 in UK you really would know what waiting is all about !!![/QUOTE]

I hear you, but times have changed mightily with the 812, no wait at all now (beyond standard production) nor is any history required.

of2worlds and ajr550 like this.
  5. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    That has been happening for years - well before Pista production.

6. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    #56 Lukeylikey, May 13, 2019
    Last edited: May 13, 2019
    How exactly can that be? There are still early orders unfulfilled. So people can just walk in and jump the queue ahead of established customers who are still waiting? If 812 is available to new customers (I have no idea if that’s correct or not because I haven’t asked recently) there must be a wait.

7. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    This post seems to have so much guesswork or inaccuracy. Speciale production went from 2013 to 2015 (I have a friend who had three of them, produced in each consecutive year) so Speciale is very likely to be a longer run than Pista by six months to a year. Pista has nothing to do with V8 production on the V12 line - that has been going on for ages. You acknowledge the long wait for Pista and say it’s because Ferrari dealers have pretend customers they want to make paying customers wait for? That just doesn’t pass any kind of sense test for me and is definitely not happening in the UK. I can’t believe it is in the US either.

8. adci

adci Karting

Oct 3, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    AD
  9. adci

adci Karting

Oct 3, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    AD
    That sounds more like a Lambo owner comment.

10. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K
    Based on Ferrari's Q2 numbers, 1267 pistas have been delivered to date (24% of total deliveries in 2019). That would include a handful of spiders delivered to this quarter. So by year end, a reasonable expectation would be 2500+ pistas with spiders continuing into next year.

11. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Which means that if the US gets about 1/3 of Ferrari production - there will be less than 1000 Pista in the US - a very rare car indeed! All those people who have been predicting 6000 Pistas based on orders for engines, should read the above.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  12. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I think that is correct. I think the Pista will be rarer than many thought.

13. raclaims

raclaims Formula Junior

Jun 6, 2007
    Northern NJ
    It drive me crazy that we can't know this information...why not share it...seems Porsche always does (for the most part). I have no idea how many lambo perf spyders were made or pistas will be made...it's frustrating...why not just let us know...what's the big secret? From looking at F chat if feels like they've made 8,000 of them already lol

14. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Because not knowing adds to the mystery. If Ferrari announced from the get go 8000 Pista will be produced (just using that number as an example) then would you be in a rush to get one?

15. SLDriver

SLDriver Formula Junior

May 1, 2005
  16. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
  17. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    to be fair ferrari does announce the number when its advantageous - tdf, monza etc.
    if they were making 800 pistas we wld all know about it. i dont think anyone ever said 6k pistas that was worth listening to. 2500 is the number i heard at the beginning and it looks like it was a good enough number.
    also the usa gets more the 1/3 of all cars, pretty sure.

SoCal to az likes this.
  18. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    agree on most points. The 1/3 number comes from actual sales numbers that I dug up- but I closed the website and would need to find it again but Ive heard 1/3 as the number. And yes- 2500 world wide is what most reasonable people have said from the get go.

ttforcefed likes this.
  19. SLDriver

SLDriver Formula Junior

May 1, 2005
    MY19.

20. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    So that includes cars built in 2018 as well.
    TY for the info. So essentially 680 Pistas in 2019 MY - if we assume the same for 2020 about 1300 or so US Pista and Pista Spiders- Probably a bit less as MY 2020 wont be a full year of production as production stops for Pista in December 2020 so we are right back to the number of around 1000 or so US Pistas.

Good info. Thx

MarkTodd likes this.
  21. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    There has been no official confirmation that production of the Pista will end this December (ie. 4 months after the summer break). This assumption seems to be based on the triangulation of dealer comments, internet/FChat rumors and the prayers of those having confirmed allocations that their car will be extra rare due to a shortened production cycle.

I'm still not sure what would stop Ferrari from continuing to build Pistas for non European markets past December. I haven't seen a compelling reason (yet). I also don't think it's a coincidence that Europe seemed to receive most of the early Pistas. It's possible that they were front loading those orders since that region would receive no cars for the last 6 months of the Pista's production life.

I predict that Pistas will be built alongside F8's through MY 2020 (next July) for non-European markets.

22. Juli

Juli Formula Junior

Jul 6, 2014
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Julian
    Europe will get Pistas till summer 2020 for sure.

We delivered only few cars of our allocation yet. ;)

23. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    #73 SoCal to az, Aug 2, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
    And there is no official confirmation that Pistas will be produced past December 2019. You are correct that Europe probably got the early Pistas due to emissions requirements that are set to go into effect January 1, 2020 which requires GPF for the Pistas.

I base my declaration of Pista production ending in December 2019 because if Ferrari was to continue to sell the Pista in the ROW, then why even start the F8? I mean profit margins on Pista are much higher than the F8. Ferrari could say, we have no reason to bring out the F8- we will just continue to sell the Pista in the rest of the world and not even sell the F8. They could then sell every single one Pista at a much higher amount than what an F8 would sell for. But we know that is not happening because US customers have q1 F8 deliveries scheduled.

We will have to wait and see but it makes no sense for Ferrari to continue Pista production past December. They are moving on. If they weren't, they wouldn't have introduced the F8. They would have done one more year of 488, ended with the Pista and moved on to the hybrid replacement.

24. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Get Pistas or produce Pistas?

And so what you are telling me for a few months, Ferrari will now fit GPF into any Pista delivered to Europe? So on the production line they will have GPF Pista for Europe and F8 for Europe and non GPF Pista for the rest of the world? Really?

25. Juli

Juli Formula Junior

Jul 6, 2014
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Julian
    #75 Juli, Aug 2, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
    Why not? Porsche is doing the same with the GT3 RS for the European Market now...

Do you want to tell me they will cancel around 50% of our Pista allocation?
    We already approved all orders till production month December.