Hammy more than a bit butt-hurt over Hockenheim | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Hammy more than a bit butt-hurt over Hockenheim

Discussion in 'F1' started by pilotoCS, Aug 1, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    #51 Igor Ound, Aug 2, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
    Why you do then? If you support him you have plenty of reasons to be happy already.

He’s a quick driver but I feel once his career will be over a lot of his critics will feel vindicated by the tales of people who worked with him.

2. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Astonishing Sportsman???
    Tiger Woods-like icon? Are you referring to his skin colour??? I thought this not a theme or is it only when seen negative???

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

Bas, Ric, nsxrebel and 1 other person like this.
  3. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    I didn't create this thread

4. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    But you visit and keep it alive.... because you think the more posts it gets the more of an achievement it is for Lewis ruling the forum and the world...strange logic

Ric, stavura and daytona355 like this.
  5. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Who said you started it? Certainly not Stav.... are you responding to the correct post?

stavura likes this.
  6. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    No, I think he just referred to the fact that both can’t keep their cars from crashing...

daytona355 likes this.
  7. nsxrebel

nsxrebel Formula 3

Jan 8, 2004
    #57 nsxrebel, Aug 2, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2019

I really hope Netflix has some clause where they still use the footage, and if not, I hope it gets leaked one day, sooner rather than later.

Guess you never heard of Ayrton Senna. I highly doubt when Elton dies, he'll even have a funeral remotely like Ayrton's.

Attached Files:

RobertJRB, stavura and daytona355 like this.
  8. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Hi Sid,

I'm sorry to hear about your health problems. I wish you the best. Also good on you to help folks during that disaster, true evil was with us that day.

Bas and daytona355 like this.
  9. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    I don't know what clause MB has with Netflix, but theoretically the footage that he doesn't want to release is footage of him coughing and sneezing correct? I personally wouldn't want to see that either.

His sickness (or lack thereof) has no visibility with him on track, so I hope Netflix airs that footage. I think we can only judge after we all watch the episode on how much was censored (if anything.)

10. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Thanks Paul.... I wish I could have done more

Bas likes this.
  11. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Yeah i heard of Senna, he was the man. Yes i hope Hamilton's funeral won't be like Senna's. I want it to have its own vibe, everybody is different. Having said that i don't care or want to think about Hamilton's or any other drivers funeral.

greg328 likes this.
  12. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Love ya Sid.

Bas and daytona355 like this.
  13. PerKr

PerKr Formula Junior

Oct 10, 2007
    Mariestad, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Per Kristoffersson
    Nothing strange about him not wanting his worst performance in years to be what is shown. He is simply looking after his brand. Let's say you were a major component in a similar documentary, would you want your worst performance shown to the world?

william likes this.
  14. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    If you deal with it like a true champion, why not? Makes you more likable in my opinion, not less...true champions are not shown in victory but defeat!

SimCity3 and daytona355 like this.
  15. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Bringing up your alleged medical condition to give more weight to your argument is over-egging the pudding, and grossly over the top.
    People tend to keep that to themselves and don't use the "look at me" effect in their discourse.
    That coming on top of many exagérations and other dubious claims in your most of your posts , etc ...
    I tend to give a large berth to people who constantly bragg; they bore me.

16. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Bragging? That’s the first time anyone has ever suggested to me that having cancer is something to brag about.... very very classy willy..... whatcha gonna come up with next, tell me how much is wasted on treating people with cancer who should know better?

The reason I responded the way I did is clear, and if you can’t understand context, then I do wonder if you should let yourself post quite so often. Reread the thread, have a look at you and your best buddy ktu’s posts, and tell me you aren’t embarrassed at how you carry yourselves. At least I’m honest, I can’t stand Elton, and I won’t apologise for it. You, you like to offend but fearing getting banned, you try to hide it in smarmy posts and skirting around what you really want to say.

I find you highly offensive at the best of times willy, with your personal attacks and digs, but then I sit back and it occurs to me, if you met me in person, you’d **** your pants, and then I laugh it off. Life’s too short to take certain things seriously, guess how I see you?

kes7u, fil and stavura like this.
  17. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    Is anyone surprised?

daytona355 likes this.
  18. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Lol

ktu and daytona355 like this.
  19. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Does anybody get the irony in this post?
    It is stated that the poster uses his health to elevate his posts in a thread that has the theme that a driver uses his health to elevate his achievement on track that weekend... one can not make up this ****, it has to be read to be believed

Isobel, fil, stavura and 1 other person like this.
  20. PerKr

PerKr Formula Junior

Oct 10, 2007
    Mariestad, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Per Kristoffersson
    That's because we see the complete picture. We see his entire career and note that he is consistently fast and has won many races. And we also see the not so good parts. But this documentary would only get to show the bad stuff. Losing 10 something positions in a race. Spinning and crashing. Being possibly in poor overall form. And that is what the general public (you know, the people who aren't interested in F1 but who have heard he wins a lot) would base their view of him on.

One would think Mercedes F1 wouldn't want such an anamoly of a race to be the base for a documentary either.

If true champions are shown in defeat, F1 has gone a long time since a true champion was there.

william likes this.
  21. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    While of course, I can't confirm the truthfulness of Sid's condition, but I do give people the benefit of the doubt. So, in this case, I do believe he has cancer, which is a sad situation. I don't think he is bragging, as having cancer is not something that one can be boastful.

I believe he brought it up as a counterpoint to Hamilton complaining; he has the flu as a reason not be filmed as being relatively prima-donnish.
    Sid, I believe the challenge is you made it up. I think a quick way to prove so is to take a picture of one of your cancer medications with any private information
    blocked out. It should have your name on it, then William would have no choice but to acknowledge he was wrong.

william likes this.
  22. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Why should I post anything. If I had posted similar, I’d be history. Let him think what he likes, plenty of people here know me and know my condition. If personal attacks are okay now, then that opens quite a door

stavura, P.Singhof and Igor Ound like this.
  23. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Definitely your prerogative, just that posting something would pretty much give you the moral high ground here, as making fun of cancer victims is something that is pretty low.

william likes this.
  24. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    That's the interesting thing here though. Hamilton said "I was sick that weekend, I don't want let them show any of *that* stuff" - does he mean coughing and sneezing? Or does he mean the actual race? At this point, all we can do is speculate on the context of his statement. I find it hard for Netflix to completely censor the spin outs. If so, it will be painfully telling in itself.

25. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Do it only if some money is involved. Let’s see if people put their wallet where their mouth is...