How many Pista? | Page 4 | FerrariChat

How many Pista?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by acw, Apr 18, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Who is we? And Porsche makes 250k cars a year. Ferrari less than 10k. You cant compare the two.

As to your last statement..."approved all orders till production month decembe"r. When is January production going to be approved? What about February? I placed my December order in March 9 months in advance. If production was continuing, you guys (whoever that is) would be already approving orders for next march. Why hasn't that happened?

2. Ferrari 308 Vetro

Ferrari 308 Vetro F1 Rookie

Nov 12, 2012
    Austria
    How many Pista Piloti? What you think?

3. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Dont know. Assume less than a 100??

4. Juli

Juli Formula Junior

Jul 6, 2014
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Julian
    Of course you can compare it because Porsche will produce only few GT3 RS with GPF next to the Speedster.
    At the end of the year they completely change the production line to the 992.

I work as an Sales Manager at an official Ferrari dealer.
    Approval for production month January is going to be after the factory holidays in September.
    Placing an order into Modis and the final approval for production by the dealer are two different things...

5. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    But are those cars going to be produced in 2019 or 2020? how many cars do you have left to approve?

6. Juli

Juli Formula Junior

Jul 6, 2014
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Julian
    These cars are going to be produced in 2020, some of them are not configured by the clients yet.
    Sorry, I can´t tell you internal information but the number is not insignificant.

7. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    Why start the F8? The V8 sport series production capacity is above what Ferrari wants to produce through 2020 MY and therefore needs to have a mix of special series and regular series cars to avoid over producing Pistas. They need to preserve its relative exclusivity.

8. nice

nice Karting

Feb 17, 2016
    Scottsdale/So Cal
    Nothing personal, but many times the dealers know less than the customers regarding production and models.

9. Ferrari 308 Vetro

Ferrari 308 Vetro F1 Rookie

Nov 12, 2012
    Austria
    No no, for sure more.

200-300?

10. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Its not disclosed because the folks paying so much for a car - particularly a shared V8 turbo - would like to believe that it is a very exclusive version and may feel somewhat cheated and perhaps not do it again on the next non-numbered car. Since Ferrari has adopted the "limited by time production" category for several models now it would really hurt their marketing plans especially in the US.

11. Juli

Juli Formula Junior

Jul 6, 2014
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Julian
    No worries, just wait and see. ;)

12. Luk77

Luk77 Rookie

May 6, 2018
    The dealer told me my spider will arrive by summer 2020... not an accurate forecast... I think this means the order is not in the system yet. So probably Ferrari will build them at least until the end of H2 2020.

13. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    does anyone else think the delivery mile car listed by excell a a few days ago at 40K premium hasn't printed is an indication of how many are going to be produced? special pricing available to fchat members?

14. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Not sure about the final numbers, but my feeling is that from the start Ferrari has tried to set the price to adjust demand to offer - so that there is not much excess demand and upside opportunity. Initially the Pista triggered interest far beyond the expected production (whatever it could be) but once the price was announced the demand has reduced to be closer to the production number (in spite of the very clever marketing from Ferrari trying to make people believe they were selected by special favour and therefore could not refuse buying no matter the price).
    In Europe I find hard to believe some people wanting a Pista could not get one; as time goes by the wannabe flippers seem to begin to worry.

15. NeilF8888

NeilF8888 Formula 3

Feb 10, 2005
    Miami Beach
    No doubt in my mind that there are still many more potential Pista buyers than production, especially Pista Spiders.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

16. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Then why isnt the excell car sold?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thecadster likes this.
  17. SLDriver

SLDriver Formula Junior

May 1, 2005
    They'll build as many as they can sell.

boobernackle likes this.
  18. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East

It is sold, I bought it. Only took them 3 days to sell it. :)

raclaims, junc, johnr265 and 6 others like this.
  19. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Congrats! So how much over msrp? Color, spec? Be interested to hear all the details on that Gh.

20. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I traded a couple of cars which the dealer was very fair with so how the numbers shake out aren't apples to apples with others. Lets just say it was much less than having to buy a Lusso. Regardless, this is a car I wanted and it all worked out. I hope to receive it next week.

21. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Well you did well then Gh! And congrats! If I add up my loss on the entry ticket car (488) it was much more than I expected but again on a positive note not as bad as a Lusso would have produced I imagine.

PS what color and spec of you don't mind me asking?

22. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
  23. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Bad ass! Congrats!

Gh21631 likes this.
  24. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Thanks, I love the spec. The only thing I might have done different would be a red accent to the black stripes.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  25. boobernackle

boobernackle Formula Junior

May 28, 2016
    Congrats, hope that shows your Ferrari dealer not to give you the Lusso BS moving forward on the next car.