Tell me about C1 Corvettes | FerrariChat

Tell me about C1 Corvettes

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by 19633500GT, Aug 1, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    Is anyone well versed in these?

I have the basics down, but more technical things such as verifying numbers as matching etc. it becomes murky. I assume paperwork in order goes a long way on these.

I'm going to help a family sell their 1954 in Pennant Blue (it was the brothers), and want to help them as best I can. It was restored a few years ago and looks great.

Thanks!

LARRYH and BOKE like this.
  2. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    Check out the NCRS.

My dad had a 1961, triple black, 283 ci, 2 x 4bbl. My brother has it now.

Awesome car, but drives like a truck compared to my 1966 Jag E-Type.

19633500GT and peteficarra like this.
  3. Face76

Face76 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 21, 2006
    The Other Oz
    Full Name:
    M Wilborn
    I would gather as much information on the restoration as any potential buyers will want that before they view the car. If it was restored by anyone with a reputation for those years then that will count in their favor. Also, get any prior owner history up to date as that helps. Many of these cars don't have much history (window stickers, etc.) as no one knew how collectible they would be but anything helps. Get the car on a lift and document all of the mechanical and body items such as repairs and matching/non-matching numbers. A well documented car like this goes a long way in getting potential buyers.

The NCRS is a great resource and someone well versed in this year may be local who may provide assistance in documentation and getting the car "out there" in terms of for sale.

Good luck.

19633500GT likes this.
  4. Face76

Face76 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 21, 2006
    The Other Oz
    Full Name:
    M Wilborn
    Also, the lead story at corvetteforum is a 1954 blue C1. Might watch the comments.

19633500GT likes this.