Venezuelan Mystery Boano | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Venezuelan Mystery Boano

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by CornishCarSpotter, Dec 17, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Not original at all. Car has been modified, lost also the bumpers, and then an outside fuel filler cap protruding thru trunk lid was added.
    I know the owner personally, he's been trying to sell it for quite a while now, albeit at an extremely ambitious asking price.

Marcel Massini

Fellena likes this.
  2. Fellena

Fellena Rookie

Jul 20, 2019
    Uk
    Full Name:
    Fabio Brusato
    Thank you for taking your time for answering , i aggre about the dark patches of the originality , example a Pininfarina flag logo on the bonnet for a start , and the fuel cap in the middle of the trunk that does not make sense witch did catch my eye, however the above old pictures when in Venezuela do show having a modified back and with the right shape bumpers for that back , that is what I can't understand , was it done it amaturely in Venezuela ? And if so , why when the car was restored from Marazzi in Italy why wasn't taken back onto his original shape ? I have known cars in worse starting project condictions to be restored perfectly .

3. Fellena

Fellena Rookie

Jul 20, 2019
    Uk
    Full Name:
    Fabio Brusato
    I mean Dk engeniring in UK , for example from just a "bonnet " they recreated or "rebodyed" like they say , many cars that seem to be not to have an original part at all, and yet are over priced and partecipate at events as the are original .
    My question is , a restorer like Marazzi why did not bring the car back to it's originality since doesn't seem a big job at all .

4. Fellena

Fellena Rookie

Jul 20, 2019
    Uk
    Full Name:
    Fabio Brusato
  5. Fellena

Fellena Rookie

Jul 20, 2019
    Uk
    Full Name:
    Fabio Brusato
    How bizarre..

6. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    It's not a restorer who decides. It's the car owner who says what he wants. Maybe a younger/fresher looking car or a "race car". And then re-painted red, of course…….. because all Ferraris are racing cars and they are all red...…….. and hence can be sold more easy...…….The usual story, it has been discussed here endlessly already.

Marcel Massini

Fellena and turbo-joe like this.
  7. Fellena

Fellena Rookie

Jul 20, 2019
    Uk
    Full Name:
    Fabio Brusato

8. Fellena

Fellena Rookie

Jul 20, 2019
    Uk
    Full Name:
    Fabio Brusato
    I understand what do you mean , is the typical case of how to spend more money in a wrong way depreciating the goods.
    I was asking questions since i'm interested in buying the car , and the competizione tale was told , issuing me with old black and white picture of the modified back , now if I do buy it , I would pay project money for it , take it back to it's original ellena "back" , and for sure take the idious fuel cap from the bonnet and put a 250 granturismo badge on the Back ...lol .. loose the boy racer look that is what I mean .
    Thanks for your accurate informations as usual Mr. Massini I would be curious to know what is the value of the car in your eyes , bare in mind that is in need of the above said modifications.

9. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Auctioneers Gooding & Co. offer a nice metallic grey 250 GT Coupé Boano at their August 16/17, 2019, Pebble Beach auction and the estimate for that car is US$ 500 to 600 Grand.
    That should give you an indication.

Marcel Massini

Fellena likes this.
  10. Ananda

Ananda Rookie

Mar 19, 2011
    Hello,
    this is not a 250GT Boano, it is a Maserati 3500 body by Touring (about 1958). Good luck!

11. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    See post #2.

Marcel Massini

12. nilarossacollection

Jun 30, 2020
    Venezuela
    Full Name:
    Neil Alexander Quintero Sardi
    Hello, I am from Venezuela and I know the history of this Boano (I do not know his S / N).
    These photos are very old and this Ferrari Boano has been out of Venezuela for a long time.
    The origin of this car is purchased in Curacao by MR. TERRY ZAGNINI owner of CARTUCHOS MARACAY.
    This Ferrari is one of two that were in Venezuela.
    The one that appears in the photo was bought by my friend and great Ferrari connoisseur SEÑOR ALVIN ACEVEDO, who bought it from the son of TERRY ZAGNINI in the city of Maracay Aragua circa 1987. Mr. Alvin Acevedo exported it to Belgium later.
    I also bought a second Boano in the city of Maracay, specifically Turmero. This car had had the original engine replaced and a Ford 350 engine fitted.

13. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    See Alvin Acevedo's book about Ferraris in Venezuela.

Marcel Massini

14. nilarossacollection

Jun 30, 2020
    Venezuela
    Full Name:
    Neil Alexander Quintero Sardi
    I've seen it, Alvin is my neighbor

BigTex likes this.