FORMULA 1 ROLEX MAGYAR NAGYDÍJ 2019: RACE ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄ | Page 10 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 ROLEX MAGYAR NAGYDÍJ 2019: RACE ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, Aug 3, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Isobel

Isobel F1 World Champ

Jun 30, 2007
    On a Wave's Chicane
    Full Name:
    Is, Izzy for Australians
    Once he grabs a mirror, I’m sure he will be...;).

2. TurboFreak650

TurboFreak650 Formula 3

Jul 10, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    WDC was over at least 2 races ago. But I hope Max makes Elton sweat for it! Vettel isn't even a factor....

Bas likes this.
  3. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Ferrari really need to get an option on Max for 2021

Thecadster, Bas and VPX like this.
  4. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

He will tell us - tough race, learned much and its all in work back in for solutions at Factory lol :)

crinoid and stepheng2131 like this.
  5. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    Back up a semi-trailer stuffed with Euros to Jos the Boss's house.

6. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    Not the right track for their car layout, but since Merc’s is even longer it tells you how far the Scuderia is from Hamilton (Bottas is crumbling like a cookie).

Spa/Monza will tell us if Ferrari can even finish in second.

F2003-GA and ATBNM3 like this.
  7. DF1

+1 there are circuits upcoming that will play to Ferrari strength. A hope some upgrades are done and can be used as well.

F2003-GA and ATBNM3 like this.
  8. DF1

Where is the 'urgency' to change the aero concept on this Ferrari. I still do not sense it. Yes it improved but today shows how small that has been. I was astonished at points how far back was Ferrari today

Bas likes this.
  9. DF1

+1 Max has that capabiity as a driver. If the car continues to improve I see more Red Bull wins.

william and Bas like this.
  10. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    That was an exciting race at the front for a change. You had the up-and-comer versus the champ. Hamilton seemed to really relish the battle and was aggressive throughout. DF1 said the Bulls were better on a single lap but Merc had race pace (well, ONE of them did) and that was obvious. Hamilton managed the car and keeping up the pressure well. Max drove well and separated from the rest of the field, but I think he prefers to be the hunter in those battles.

If RBR has really made a step (I think they have) we’ll see more of that the rest of the season. That wouldn’t suck at all. Would be even better if Ferrari could figure out what the hell they’re doing.

william, Mark(study) and ATBNM3 like this.
  11. DF1

Would you leave Red Bull for this current operational arrangement at Ferrari.

12. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    oh if only...Unless they can pry away Newey for next year already Ferrari doesn't stand a chance 2021. With or without Max.

Max will be crazy to leave RBR.

DF1, william, kes7u and 2 others like this.
  13. DF1

I see the joke in this but he drove an inspired race. Was battling wheel to wheel to make a win happen. We saw a great race no matter the winner. The F1 fans here have said the season is boring etc. IN fact its a great season for F1 fans. Not for me as a Ferrari fan but I am happy as an F1 fan.
    Full credit to F1, the tires and good strategy today just like F1 last week. Well done to all on the podium as well not matters the team right??????????????????

jcurry, subirg, ATBNM3 and 3 others like this.
  14. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    I want to believe that it´s not that they don´t know how to do it, but that they know that it´s not worth the effort anymore.

Anyway, let´s not forget that the car was working well at Hockenheim and Austria just a few weeks ago, so I think that for now we should try to forget Hungaroring and hope for something better after the summer break.

ATBNM3 and ricksb like this.
  15. Ferrari 308 GTB

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    No but they are hiring quite a lot right now and in future ,so have to hope they can improve the team 'eventually'

16. cmos

cmos Formula Junior

Sep 13, 2004
    USA
    Full Name:
    Johny English
    If Max wins all of the remaining 9 races, and Lewis finishes 2nd in all 9, Lewis still wins the championship by 6 points. There are multiple combos of course!

Mark(study) likes this.
  17. Ferrari 308 GTB

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Depends on 2020, if Ferrari can improve ,and RBR stall then who knows.

18. Isobel

Isobel F1 World Champ

Jun 30, 2007
    On a Wave's Chicane
    Full Name:
    Is, Izzy for Australians
    It was a good pit call to a driver in the fastest car. WooHoo. I can’t understand how anyone would think this is a great season of F1, Ferrari fan or not. Total domination by one team saturated with inconsistent calls from the stewards. Mid pack battles by minnows may be entertaining, but the cameras are now focusing on them as if they’re the headline act. Not why I want to watch F1 and 2019 is a waste of a year imho.

19. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    It tooks guts for Merc to make that call, and trusted Ham to do it, i don't think they would have done it with Bottas. And the kicker is they didn't need to, longterm RB is little threat to WDC. Yes we had some good races this year

william and ATBNM3 like this.
  20. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    I think Merc needed to reclaim momentum. They have had a couple of stumbles lately and Max was becoming the story. As I said earlier, probably a little premature but ESPN is trying to create a ratings story (which I understand)

ktu likes this.
  21. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Sadly, I can’t see Max leaving for the inferior car. Perhaps, money could change the decision calculus. It usually does.

william likes this.
  22. Dilusha

Dilusha Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2016
    I think RBR will start to dominate once again in the 2020s. IMO Mercs will lose their dominance to RBR, not to Ferrari.

william and classic308 like this.
  23. DF1

I will keep watching. Stewards lol????? Thats it. Name a season we had perfect results from them. Domination. We had Ferrari dominating to the point I would clean my loft and check to see how much MS had done to win and ignore again. This is F1 and should be no suprise to astute fans. Nothing new at all.

vinuneuro, ktu and ATBNM3 like this.
  24. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    RBR will probably suffer from engine change penalties from now on, so they'll not be a threat for Mercedes either.

daytona355 likes this.
  25. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Anyone catch the interview with Toto? When asked about Bottas’ future with the team he went full word salad. It was actually quite shocking to see him lose his normal demeanor and slip into sloppy double speak.

Nortonious likes this.