F12 ... which options are must/nice to have/waste of money | FerrariChat

F12 ... which options are must/nice to have/waste of money

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Patrick_p3, Aug 2, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Patrick_p3

Patrick_p3 Rookie

Jul 28, 2019
    Full Name:
    Mr Patrick Penon
    Hi all,

I am a newbie and currently shopping for a f12. It will be my first ferrari. I would like to ask f12 owners about their views on options. Which ones do you think are must have, nice to have and waste of money?

Cheers

Patrick

Sent from my SM-G935F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. obbob

obbob Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2017
    For resale, it seems nearly everyone heavily desires the Carbon Fiber Steering Wheel and Scuderia Shields. From there on, it starts to get more subjective.

Personally, I mandate Carbon Wheel, Scuderia Shields, Homelink Mirror, Lifter, and Parking Camera. The rest are nice to have but not mandatory.

Biggest waste of money imo are any Alcantara option.

PhilNotHill likes this.
  3. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    Ha ha, that's funny because I won't buy any Ferrari that doesn't have some Alcantara... :) :)

4. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Mine has all the interior carbon and sills except the inner doors which I don't care for. All leather everywhere. The most noticed option is the paint which is also the largest option. Get the colors/spec/materials you like and go from there. I have all the cameras front/rear and don't really use them. Wheel and shields a must though. Upgrade the radio. Exterior carbon least necessary IMHO. Dont forget condition and History. No one wants a used looking car or something not cared for.

5. bayareaferrari

bayareaferrari Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2004
    California
    As far as options:
    LED wheel is very popular
    Shields
    Back up camera
    Lifter

The rest you will not recover