430 Scuds that don’t sell for years | Page 9 | FerrariChat

430 Scuds that don’t sell for years

Discussion in '360/430' started by OneFastM3, Jun 15, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. redcaruser

redcaruser Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2012
    switzerland
    Full Name:
    daniel
    I see myself more as a realist. ;)
    As a big McLaren fan my intention is that this company will survive, that they succeed. It is an extremely potential company with superior technologies. But attacking the competition with an extremely high product density (McLaren builds exclusively 2-seat rear mid-engined sports cars, apart from the Speedtail) and very short product cycles maybe a dangerous strategy. Especially if there is not yet established a large and stable customerbase. Maybe McLaren needs to rethink its strategy a little bit.
    I'm looking forward to the new Sport Series. It seems they will work together with BMW in the engine area. And how they will position the 7xxLT next to the senna is certainly also exciting to pursue.

2. TestaRoss

TestaRoss Rookie

Oct 18, 2014
    Houston
    2 tone Scud

Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
  4. stan996turbo

stan996turbo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 11, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Stan
    This may seem self serving because I own one but I disagree that the 675 will drop much farther than it already has, the car is far to special. With the relatively small total number of cars and its bespoke nature and distinct purity of driving experience, I think the car will Find its way into the new hands of drivers and be a keeper. I don’t think the 600 is the same proposition for many reasons. Time will tell but I when I found the spec I wanted I would have paid even more to get it.

5. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
  6. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
  7. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    & 70 458 Speciale in EU and 15 in CH = 85 Speciale for sale too !

8. scuderia09

scuderia09 Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 6, 2007
    ONLY if you order leather option ! it,s not a standard feature

9. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    The two tone interior 430 Scuderia pictured in post #205 is not a leather interior, it is alcantara.

10. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    I see more downside, not based on "its bespoke nature and distinct purity of driving experience" / knocking on the car, just on the objective fact that too many "limited editions" have clearly flooded the market. The 675LT has already shed 30% of it's value, I see no reason why it won't shed another 20-30%, and past sales in the last 3 months support that downward trend, along w the slowing economy so...

LightGuy and f355spider like this.
  11. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Agree.
    Keep powder dry and stock up on the cars you want after the dip.

12. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    It would be interesting to compare over the past two decades, what percentage of production is "limiteds", versus standard production for Ferrari, Lamborgini, and more recently, McLaren. I think Lamborghini was king, but the others have joined in, due to the profitability and gaining additional sales. Lamborghini had to do it, due to its limited model range...it was the only way to get customers back quickly for another purchase. Lambo kinda paved the way to make limited production more commonplace. All manufacturers are to blame for definitely diluting the overall specialness of limiteds in general.

Themaven likes this.
  13. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    Hmmm all of these 2 tone alcantara cars were produced without orders in 2009, it was not a special or client order !

Lets hope the mystery about the Scud being a super limited production car, which is coveted by collectors, gets a reality check, now that you realize there are 100+ for sale in Europe alone, save your money for a low mileage at 150k, its going there, no doubt

Themaven likes this.
  14. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    and no doubt the 991.1 GT3 RS is too but I know which I would rather have

15. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    I think the GT3RS is already there in USA, or close to it.
    Worth getting, or is it better to get the newer GT3 (non -RS) which I believe outperforms the old RS?

16. stan996turbo

stan996turbo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 11, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Stan
    Can you point out some comparable examples to the 675(500 and 500 examples) and class leading technology and performance, to support the ongoing downward trend theory. My view is the 675 depreciation was due to many speculators getting the car first, hence the vast majority of cars have very few miles, as well as 600LT and 720 release taking the spotlight. My view is that it will follow the trend of the Stradale that fell to $130-140 and Scuds that fell to $160-180 for good cars. The buyers for a 675 I believe are more like me in that I’m an enthusiast but don’t have unlimited means and I take a measured approach to car purchases. These people are waiting to see the price stabilize before pulling the trigger, the problem is if you wait and you want a spider, there is only 500 in the world, which is far less than the other “limited production” cars, you might miss the window of opportunity. I don’t see anything like the 675 available for under $500K so whatever the reason the prices are soft now feel fortunate that I was able to take advantage of the opportunity. Unfortunately I see to often on forms people talking down the cars they want to buy for selfish reasons. Sad. These guys some it up pretty well.

LightGuy likes this.
  17. redcaruser

redcaruser Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2012
    switzerland
    Full Name:
    daniel
    The entire super car market is under pressure! And since each brand means he must press any "limited/special editions" in the market (and this in extremely short time cycles) the formula "limited/special editions" does not work anymore, the offer has become much bigger than the demand. The launch of a limited/special edition is no longer a guarantee for a conservation of value or increase in value. Who wants to invest money well should buy art painting.

18. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    <<< the 675 LT is a fantastic car >>>

19. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    The problem with Mclaren is service and repair expense. Yes i agree the 675LT is the best collectable choice but i never plan to own one. Add no
    one other than mclaren offers warranties and only for 12 years max. Long term collectors will avoid the car IMO.
    PS its been said the 650s coupe has less production.
    Whatever that is worth.

20. Jason Crandall

Jason Crandall F1 Veteran

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    It’s simple Supply and Demand. When every new car is a special edition.... none are special edition.

It’s not just cars. All luxury brands are following the same formula. There are tons of luxury goods on the street. The difference is nobody is looking to get a return on the LV bag. Ferrari they are.

Themaven likes this.
  21. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Had a 650s and it was such a bad car I have no desire to test a 675lt. Even though it’s supposed to be a fantastic car.

22. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    Objectively speaking, lapping in the 675LT @ Sonoma for the first time a few years back still delivered my best lap time there.

So, it's no doubt a performer, but other than the laptime, the driving experience for me was very forgettable (subjective opinion). Looks, inside and out, is too similar to a 650S, power delivery in the mid-upper band too similar to a 650s, higher production #s than a 650S and brake wear was ridiculous on that thing...

And the above is probably irrelevant to 80% of folks and the same said folks won't even be able to begin to distinguish the upside of a 675LT on their regular route to cars and coffee so, I know, pretty moot.

LightGuy likes this.
  23. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    In what way was it bad? Reliability? They are good cars to drive.

24. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    I have a 12C which I am nearly a year into now and I'm currently upgrading to 950hp. Even at only 700hp it's a hoot!

With P1 seats, 675LT rims and a titanium Akrapovic system fitted it gives good support, grips well and sounds nice too..

Themaven and f355spider like this.
  25. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Reliability was poor even from mile 1.
    Was meh to drive honestly.

Themaven likes this.