Why Hamilton is not so liked by the British? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Why Hamilton is not so liked by the British?

Discussion in 'F1' started by Flavio_C, Aug 5, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Why Hamilton is not so liked by the British?

1. Because he is of mixed race

13 vote(s)
    19.1%
  2. Because he is Catholic

3 vote(s)
    4.4%
  3. Because of his lifestyle / ethics

25 vote(s)
    36.8%
  4. Because he lives in Monaco

2 vote(s)
    2.9%
  5. None of the above

32 vote(s)
    47.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Tiger Woods is the only player I have ever followed in golf, couldn’t stand the game until he came along. His resurgence recently is awesome as far as I’m concerned, his troubles were a massive shock. Glad he’s back towards the top again

Forza Ferrari..... the only racing team and car marque that matters. Italia forever It’s easier to apologise than it is to ask permission

Boomhauer, Bas, crinoid and 2 others like this.
  2. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    By the way, who is Joshua Anthony? Is he a golfer? Never heard of the bloke. Why do brits like him? I don’t think people really only support people from their own country so they? I have never supported a Brit in anything to my knowledge, and I follow Italy and the USA in soccer. British drivers are last on my list for support, I go by talent, hence LeClerc, Verstappen and the like, Alonso and schumi before them.

Forza Ferrari..... the only racing team and car marque that matters. Italia forever It’s easier to apologise than it is to ask permission

Bas and stavura like this.
  3. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    I'm not a Brit, but if I were I still wouldn't like Lewis Hamilton. I also don't like Toto Wolff, or that blonde pony-tail personal assistant always fawning over LH. The Brit ex-pats I smoke cigars with don't like Hamilton either, but one of them fancies the blonde pony-tail lady. I miss Niki Lauda and loathe Formula E.

Hope all that helps answer things.

kes7u, Bas, crinoid and 3 others like this.
  4. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Great answer buddy....... I’d like to think the majority of brits can see through his manner. In addition, remember, he alienated much of the working class he supposedly represents with his gangsta upbringing in Stevenage (Christ, it’s hardly south central L.A. there) when he moved to Monaco or Switzerland, can’t remember which, so that he didn’t have to pay tax. The ones that remained his fans only see him at the British gp because he refuses to turn up for public appearances otherwise, as was highly documented a year or so ago when he failed to turn up to an event where every other driver turned up to warm up the crowds for the GP the following week!

5. stavura

stavura Formula 3

Sep 1, 2016
    U.K
    Full Name:
    Harold Lounge
    Typical WANK as usual william!! Lewis could be green or purple for goodness sake and he'd still be disliked! HIS ATTITUDE SUCKS! Get it?

ypsilon, Boomhauer, Igor Ound and 4 others like this.
  6. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Okay, who is the super fan that knows what religion Elton is? I wouldn’t have known he was catholic.... I thought his religion was as fake as everything else about him, using religious terms simply adding to the persona he tries to pretend in order to pander to his crazy fans.

fil likes this.
  7. Finlander

Finlander Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 12, 2012
    Sunshine State
    Muhammad Ali and Michael Jordon are two of the greatest black athletes to ever live. (All black, not half black)

Both had charisma, both had attitude, both had some cockiness about them. But they were still very much loved by most. I believe Ali, during his time, was the most famous person on the planet.

Lewis’ dislike by some people has nothing to do with his color. That’s just SJW talk.

ypsilon, Boomhauer, kes7u and 4 others like this.
  8. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    "Half black"?? I'll quote Franco Harris here: "In America, if you're not white, you're black." I'll leave it up to the rest of you to determine if that applies to Britain as well.

ATBNM3 and william like this.
  9. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    In psychology, there is a condition called projection, where someone will ‘project’ their own feelings onto others rather than admit them themselves as a defence mechanism, as they deep down know their feelings/opinions are unacceptable..... maybe someone here on fchat, where we have many eminent doctors and consultants, is trained in that field and could either confirm my recollection above, or correct me, as I could be remembering this wrongly of course.

It’s funny, but naming people like this Joshua fellow, or Arthur Ashe (again, who?, is he English?, wasn’t he a tennis player?) doesn’t really mean anything, as I could name a hundred soccer players in England and the vast majority of americans wouldn’t recognise many of the names, only the most famous like beckham, Ronaldo, or those that might be teammates of American players overseas I guess, you would need to be interested in a sport to have any opinion at all I would think, and knowing those into their sports, their attitudes are generally based on who they play for, whether they are enemies of their favoured team, and maybe their media exposure. Outside of F1, I doubt many people know enough about Elton to give a damn, so even the notion that a majority of Brits are negative towards him are probably wide of the mark. Most probably couldn’t give a damn about him or F1 at all. He is rarely on the tv here except for the races themselves, and so the majority of opinion is going to be based upon a small niche of brits interested in f1, or interested maybe in ‘celebrity’ itself. That he fails to connect with your average man in the street is obvious, as he is so fake, his story changes to suit his circumstances weekly, daily when necessary, and brits are tough to impress, so seeing someone so intent on faking everything means many simply ignore him

10. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Bull ****. So now we're likely to be racist because we dislike Elton?

Boomhauer, kes7u, Igor Ound and 2 others like this.
  11. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    This is typical: if one is not liked one has to look how this is the mistake of those not liking him. Once again Lewis is shown as the victim that has to fight against the haters, the racists and the homophobs, the idea of him not liked being his own mistake seems to be completely impossible.
    I don´t get how people (the usual ones) get away with their more or less subtle insinuation that all those not liking Lewis are racists. I can only imagine what would happen if one would reverse the roles....

kes7u, Igor Ound, stavura and 2 others like this.
  12. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Anyone that thinks it's to do with race is grasping at straws or virtue signalling.

stavura and daytona355 like this.
  13. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Schumi was hated by about 50% of British F1 fans. If only he was black, everyone could've easily pointed out that they where racists!

It. Is. The. Attitude!!!

14. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Well, William might know better whether most of the Brits are racists ;)
    But for the rest outside the UK he might be not loved simply because he behaves like an ***

Bas, daytona355 and Nortonious like this.
  15. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    I'm also British and was very pleased when Button/Brawn won the title.
    I like Lando and George, possibly more than say Pierre and Roman, it's maybe a cultural thing, a shared sense of humour perhaps?
    Maybe its just because I really think they are good.

I have never warmed to Lewis Hamilton though I respect his driving.
    It has zero to do with him being mixed race and I would take massive offence if someone were to suggest that to me.
    The fact that he is catholic. is news to me and something I cannot imagine anybody in Britain caring about at all.
    Monaco? Well Jenson lived there.
    So it's mainly personalty, because he can be ****** but more than that I feel he would throw his team under a bus if it suited him.

In the end I support a team that has a global following, it's for life and no divorce is possible.
    Would I like to see a Brit winning the WDC in a Ferrari ? Of course.
    But really what I want is to see Ferrari win, the nationality, skin colour or religion of the driver is secondary.
    They could even be ******, in the end they are the high paid help, they come and go and in the Scuderia if they thought they were bigger than the team?In the end they would go.

daytona355 likes this.
  16. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    As some one posted before, Lewis has a huge fan base on and off the track, the most popular driver at the moment. The more serious issue is the portion who hate him, as hate only consumes the person who harbors it. Lewis has experienced hate from a young age since carting. I feel Lewis is living his best life right now, he may be on a yatch or at a show as we speak, and is closer to his dad, his haters are the ones who may have internal issues. Harboring hate is not healthy. I can't think of a driver I hate, and constantly posting calling them names etc

showme1946, fer312t and william like this.
  17. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Awwwww, you are such a wonderful person, and so damned moralistic and clever...... ever read any of your own posts? I think you must have a ghost writer because this wonderful positive attitude never ever comes across usually. It’s a real wonder why the tifosi don’t support a driver from an opposing team isn’t it, real quandary. Be sure to let us know when you work out why it is won’t you?

18. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Zing!

RtR!

Lewis is a fine driver but an unrelenting narcissist. His false piety makes me wretch.

Nortonious likes this.
  19. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    Heh heh, thanks partner. That was just a little stream of consciousness posting about as relevant as Louis Hamilton's skin color in the overall discussion.

That pretty well sums it up for me.

20. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

The poor opinion for Michael Schumacher among British fans has more to do with Adelaide 1994, and Jerez 1997 than anything else.
    In both cases, his "attitude" wasn't quite right.
    We Brits tend to like sportmanship and fair play; that's just how most of us are.

ATBNM3 likes this.
  21. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Lewis is more popular on Fchat then any other driver over the last 7 years. Count the number of times he is mentioned. The fact that he doesn’t play for the home team is the only reason he is not loved but instead ridiculed on Fchat in threads like these. Somehow I don’t think he is too concerned about what We say here.

Attached Files:

Flavio_C, fer312t, m3doc and 3 others like this.
  22. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Lol I know. The guy is a force is'nt he? He shouldn't be the most popular driver on a Ferrari site. I still find that significant in itself

showme1946, ATBNM3 and william like this.
  23. RoyalPink

RoyalPink Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Mar 18, 2019
    Southern Utah
    Full Name:
    John D.
    It's real simple. No need to bring in race, pseudo psychological theories/diagnosis and whatever else. LH has a bland/off putting personality and he lacks charisma. Because of this lack, there is no real reason to like and cheer for this guy by most. Take the personality of any famous stars like Michael Jordan, Tiger Woods, Schumi and so on. They have personality and charisma. Most just naturally like them because of this. You either have it or you don't. LH doesn't have it - plain and simple.

Boomhauer and stavura like this.
  24. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Bad taste in his lifestyle choices. Lol (does he still have two La Ferrari’s) what a bore. And he drives them... bland, bland guy. Lol

Image Unavailable, Please Login

showme1946, ktu, fer312t and 2 others like this.