Joke poster being made teasing Eye-talians about the C8 threat | FerrariChat

Joke poster being made teasing Eye-talians about the C8 threat

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by bitzman, Jul 30, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    Painting still drying..I'll post it tomorrow, It shows crowd around a C8 coupe in some cobblestone neighborhood in Italy. The reference picture I used for the crowd was the folks I saw five deep around the car at the Petersen Museum last week. I am thinking of running the words "Arrivederci Ferrari" atop the horixontal 11" x 17" fine art print. I will send one to Tadge, the chief engineer and hell, maybe one to Ferrari's marketing chief. Maybe transfer it to cloth and sew it on the bomber jacket I'll wear at night during Monterey car week. Any suggestions on other wording?

2. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I'd rather it be about Porsche than Ferrari as it's rather sacred to me. But it's your art you get to do with it what you want. Curious to see what it looks like.

3. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    Here it is. Still will have some touch up. Interesting that the crowd "in Italy" (in my imagination) is actually Americans in Los Angeles, not Italians.If anyone is in Italy when the C8s hit the street, please post passersby's comments. You can see this at Art & Books at Concorso during Monterey Car Week on Saturday

Incidentally I agree--it will huirt Porsche more, because the Boxster is so overpriced (and got a bad rep from that shaft problem, leaving many owners in the lurch) But it's the Italians who championed this style of car and I think they never thought Americans could challenge them...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

LightGuy likes this.
  4. 11506apollo

11506apollo Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2008
    Tx Co Ca
    A C8 parked in Italy is likely to be keyed badly.....

5. PhilB

PhilB Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 17, 2004
    NYC, USA
    Full Name:
    Phil
    This would more likely occur in the UK.

6. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I think Porsche sales, especially the Boxster/cayman, will likely suffer much more than Ferrari’s will.

On the other hand Porsche still offers a manual...

pearsonhaus likes this.