My first "Big Repair" | FerrariChat

My first "Big Repair"

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by ModerateMike, Aug 6, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ModerateMike

ModerateMike Rookie

Jul 21, 2017
    NC
    Full Name:
    Mike
    It's hard to believe I've owned my first Fcar for two years already. My '05 F430 is currently at my local Ferrari store service department with the dreaded flashing gear indicator. Fingers crossed, we're hoping for loose bleed screws. But I know that a GTE Engineering rebuild is a real possibility. It feels like a rite of passage or something.
    I just thought I'd share that in the interest of community participation. I don't post much, because searching these threads always seems to answer my questions. So I'd like to say a big THANK YOU to all of you who give your time and expertise to these forums. And please wish me luck!

2. willrace

willrace Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 21, 2006
    North Tay-has
    Full Name:
    Kurt
  3. vincep99

vincep99 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2009
    Good luck. Each incident will help you bond with your car.

(and don;t call me Shirley!)

4. ModerateMike

ModerateMike Rookie

Jul 21, 2017
    NC
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue!

kes7u and 308 milano like this.
  5. ridege55

ridege55 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 9, 2017
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    Keep us posted. Mine started flashing "4" a few weeks ago. For some reason it stopped flashing and I'm dreading when it starts again. Curious what your diagnosis and fixes are. Thanks