Who should replace Vettel? | Page 11 | FerrariChat

Who should replace Vettel?

Discussion in 'F1' started by Flavio_C, Jul 16, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Who should replace Vettel?

1. Alonso

2. Rosberg

3. Button

4. Barrichello

5. Other (please mention)

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Yeah, being recruited as Number One at Alfa Romeo, is what I call semi-retirement for an ex-Ferrari driver.
    Nice perk if you can get it. Just look at Kimi; he is cool as a cucumber, and never says "maaah" anymore.
    You still stay in the circus, with all the perks, but no expectation on your shoulders.
    If you mess up people blame the team; if you do good, the tifosi go frantic !

2. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    This has been discussed many times on this forum, but to support my views, I'll say this:

- Spygate. Alonso 'collaborated" willingly with the FIA enquiry and his testimony was essential in condemning McLaren to a fine of $100M (I believe), and resulted in Ron Dennis losing his job as team manager. Alonso knew very well what was going on, but kept his mouth chut until he saw an opportunity for revenge because he wasn't given the privilèges he thought he was entitled to.

- Crashgate. Alonso benefited from the plot and got a win for it. When Piquet revealed what had happened the previous year, Alonso thought first about saving his neck, by offering his collaboration to the FIA, and his testimony here again was essential in punishing the Renault team, proof that he had been a willing participant all along. The sponsors deserted, Briatore and Symmonds were sacked and banned from F1, and the team had to be sold. Alonso was exonerated, and kept his win.

- Ferrari. Alonso intrigued as soon as he joined, starting by choosing his mechanics himself. Later, he manipulated the management to have several key members in the technical team he didn't like "removed". Some were eventually recruited by Mercedes and brought success there! In his last year, Alonso kept the team on edge by refusing to indicate if he wanted to sign and other contract or go, etc ... That and many tantrums that really destabilised the Scuderia: mant were glad when he left in fact.

- Hondagate. Honda wanted to repeat the same relationship they had with Senna in the past, and suggested Alonso. In spite of some misgiving, Ron Dennis accepted. As soon as he drove the car, Alonso started to complain publicly about the Honda engines, knowing full well what to expect. This was constantly repeated on the radio, in the media, during interviews, at the circuits, everywhere. Alonso did show blatant lack of loyalty to his employer, and the team main sponsor Honda. It was Honda that in fact insisted in McLaren recruiting him, and paid his wage directly ! Alonso was the main culprit in the divorce between McLaren and Honda, convincing Zak Brown that he would leave otherwise. We know the rest.

So, that's at least 3 teams that suffered from Alonso, and were worse off for it.
    McLaren got ****ed TWICE !!
    Everywhere he goes, Alonso leave a stench behind him.

It's up to you if you want to see him through rose tinted glasses, but don't expect me to !

3. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    William driving is the ONLY skill that matters in racing! Employees can ruin culture and cripple organizations and it should have no effect on the organizations overall performance! LOLOLOLOLOL

william likes this.
  4. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    So you do not blame the one cheating but the wistleblower... interresting....
    Whose idea was all this? Was it Briatores or Alonsos? Alonso might have played along but I doubt he was the one that was the driving force behind all that... So why is he the one that destroyed the team when Briatore had to go... Remember, the same Briatore that you repeatingly blame for cheating already with Benetton....
    "Intrigued"??? Remember the tamtam with the mechanics at Mercedes between Lewis and Nico.... Do you really blame a driver who wants to work with the ones he trusts? In person you praise Lewis for bringing success to Mercedes by doing nothing but driving but at the same time you blame a driver who is actually putting his effords into a team-building.... not only that you do not appreciate this commitment, you even accuse him of intrigues...
    This is my favorite one.... in another thread you bash Honda for costing McLaren three years and now only RB profiting from their development.... And here you bash Alonso for stating exactly what you say as well.... again: you should decide instead of contradicting yourself within minutes....
    Alonso gave Renault two championships, Alonso gave Ferrari 5 of his best years and they failed to deliver... even Dominicali admitted that Alonso was the smallest part in not succeeding. And McLaren...looking at how your beloved Lewis is whining all the time when something does not go right one can only imagine what he would have said driving the McLaren those three Honda years....Alonso and Button were the very best in the whole team....
    No, you are only bashing against Fernando all the time... how was this "dismissing the achievement of a multiple WDC" speach again???

375+, daytona355 and nsxrebel like this.
  5. nsxrebel

nsxrebel Formula 3

Jan 8, 2004

Thank you.

375+ and daytona355 like this.
  6. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    NO F1 TEAM WANTS TO WORK WITH HIM DESPITE HIS DRIVING TALENTS. HELLO!!!!

bmwracer and william like this.
  7. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    They can’t affford him, that’s the difference I’m afraid. Alonso is a driver that knows his worth, and he won’t drive for a minnow unless he is paid well. I would imagine even Mercedes would have to pay handsomely for his services were they to offer him something as he realises he is the best all rounder available and won’t go somewhere for free. People complain at his salary with McLaren, but Mclaren and Honda thought it was good business to pay him such an amount, and it wasn’t his fault the team failed. Had they produced a half decent engine and chassis that worked, they would have benefitted from the best driver on the grid possibly fighting for a title. As t was, they forced the best driver to sit in a bathtub powered by a wheezy vacuum for three years..... what did anyone expect, he’d give his salary back?, why, he is contracted and carried out his duties, so he should get his salary.

375+, DF1 and nsxrebel like this.
  8. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Renault hired him twice and so did McLaren... I wonder why if he is such a horrible person.
    I don't know whether it is true that NOBODY wants to work with him but I guess the numbers if seats he is interested in are very limited and all those teams have no.1 driver who are certainly against him next to them.
    I don't think that Mercedes would categorical refuse to work with him but I doubt that they (and Lewis) would be willing to repeat 2007 all over again. They had that in small with Nico and seem to be happy with the annual Butler-solution now. So no Fernando at Mercedes as long as Lewis is there.
    Red Bull have their own drivers and I doubt that Alonso wants to get another lost 5 year stunt at Ferrari.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

daytona355 likes this.
  9. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    William typically looks like a Hamilton fanboy difficult to bear but I'm afraid I can only mostly agree with this post ;)

10. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    In the end, no f1 team gives a damn if you are a total prick, if you are one of the best drivers, they’ll hire you. Plenty of drivers have a crap personality, or breathe whinging and whining behind the scenes, they still get to drive.

Look at Elton, personality of a piece of balsa wood, yet gets the mercedes drive without a problem. That’s because he’s a good driver. They can edit out his whining and pouting and ******** quite easily, long as he gets the results. If he didn’t, then they might not want to put up with it, like McLaren when he left and there was barely a word mentioned about asking him not to go.... he burnt a number of bridges there with his whinging and blaming people because when the car is ****, so is he... lucky boy reaped the rewards of the hard work done by Ross Brawn, Michael Schumacher and co to get the team and car ready for the new regs in 2014.

VPX likes this.
  11. nsxrebel

nsxrebel Formula 3

Jan 8, 2004
    With the exception of Heikki Kovalainen and Valteri Bottas so far, every other team partner he's had has been able to match or beat him. Fernando Alonso, Jenson Button, Nico Rosberg. He's not all that great. Put Max Verstappen in the other W10, and he'll no doubt school Elton.

Jeronimo GTO, 375+ and daytona355 like this.
  12. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    So what do you say about Ricci beating him twice?

13. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

I am no Hamilton fan boy, but I know a winner when I see one.
    As for Alonso, the facts speak for themselves: he is on no team wish list !

Adrian Thompson and VPX like this.
  14. nsxrebel

nsxrebel Formula 3

Jan 8, 2004
    Ricci ain't no slouch either, we all know that already. Max made many mistakes but as we have seen this year, he has greatly matured. He has the 3rd best car on the grid, yet he's 3rd in the WDC ahead of the Ferrari's, and pretty soon he'll be 2nd.

daytona355, william and ktu like this.
  15. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Yeah Max has been driving good this this year

william likes this.
  16. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Come on man. They only tried a second time despite his terrible ethics because of his driving talents and it didn’t work. The only person who could orchestrate success from him was Flavio because Flavio is an even bigger A hole. Ferrari wouldn’t touch him again and they are pretty forgiving if you have driving talent. We won’t get fooled again!

william likes this.
  17. ypsilon

ypsilon F1 Rookie

May 4, 2008
    the Netherlands
    "So many people get fooled again in F1, I tell ya. Fooled like you would not believe. I know the best fools, nobody knows fools the way I do. We make the greatest fools, the greatest fools the world has ever seen in F1. I know more about F1 than anybody. Could you imagine me and Falvio taking over F1 ?

I think me and Flavio would build a Chinese F1 pay TV wall, we'd be great, making a lot of money." ;)

18. ATBNM3

ATBNM3 Formula 3

Nov 17, 2003
    Sunny Isles
    Full Name:
    Don Jackson II
    Hamilton after he's won his 7th the all time winningest driver racing do for the all time winningest team. It will be incredible!

19. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    +1 agree

20. 444sp

444sp Formula Junior

Dec 18, 2016
    In addition to all this you must add, as L'Equipe reported during the broadcast of the past 24 hours of Le Mans, the exit of Alonso from Toyota in the WEC may not have been voluntary, but for problems with the technical direction, especially with Pascal Vasselon.

william likes this.
  21. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Thanks for the info.
    I wasn't aware of this.
    It doesn't surprise me though ...

22. 444sp

444sp Formula Junior

Dec 18, 2016
    william likes this.
  23. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Thanks for that.

In England we say : "The leopard cannot change its spots".

No surprise then that Alonso got into conflict with a member of the technical team at Toyota.
    It's his way to repay them for 2 Le Mans wins, and one WEC title, I guess.
    Alonso is simply a troublemake, wherever he goes.

Adrian Thompson and bmwracer like this.
  24. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    Rob Leupen, the boss of Toyota at WEC admitted that they had some rough moments with Alonso but that overall he was manageable.

I doubt that the problems they could had are the reason for the split. Everybody already knows that Alonso always is moaning about something, so his voice is like a background noise you have to live with. But I suppose that for Alonso another season of Formula Toyota would be a waste of time, and for Toyota paying a big salary in a championship they're going to win anyway a waste of money.