New 360 Owner | FerrariChat

New 360 Owner

Discussion in '360/430' started by rquad, Aug 5, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rquad

rquad Karting

Jul 26, 2019
    Georgia
    Hi, everyone. My name is Robert. I just bought a 1999 Modena. This is my first exotic, so you'll be seeing me post a ton of questions here as time goes on. Just wanted to introduce myself and my car. I've attached a few pics.

My first question is how to get an "Owner" badge on this site.

My second question is suggestions on battery tenders. I've heard you can get a simple one that plugs into the cigarette lighter. I'm looking for something safe and reliable that doesn't come with the crazy Ferrari price tag.

Pics are from the seller's garage.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. efg2014

efg2014 Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2014
    Northern California
    Congratulations. I would recommend c-tek trickle charger.

3. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    STUNNING CAR!!!

4. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
  5. killer58

killer58 Formula 3

Jun 30, 2010
    CA & DC
    Rquad,
    Nice options and stunning color combo = beautiful car.
    Congratulations.

I use Deltran chargers on all my cars. With the 360 Spider, you can attach the included pigtail directly to the battery in the passenger footwell. Makes it easy to hook up and disconnect, all without popping the bonnet as with the OEM model.

Phemes likes this.
  6. barabba

barabba Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2007
    Ticino / Zurich
    C-Tek also here, works very well.

E60 M5 likes this.
  7. MJGinTX

MJGinTX Karting

Mar 30, 2019
    Noblesville, IN
    Beautiful car Robert.

I use CTEK and it seems to work well.

8. LP360

LP360 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 12, 2016
    UK
    Full Name:
    Lee
    +1 for ctek, mines directly on the battery and easy to disconnect when ready for a drive ;)

Sent from my CLT-L09 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

9. andy308

andy308 Formula 3

Jan 16, 2005
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Congrats. Welcome to the club.

10. rrosadc

rrosadc Rookie

May 12, 2018
    The new Ferrari one is actually a ctek and works great. Connect pigtail to the battery in the foot well is easy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

02360spider likes this.
  11. CrapsLuckyDice

CrapsLuckyDice Karting

Apr 28, 2019
    NJ, USA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    So pretty! I love it. Congratulations on your first exotic! What a great first choice!!

12. rquad

rquad Karting

Jul 26, 2019
    Georgia
    Wow. Thanks for all the encouraging responses.

Yes, this car is beautiful. I was originally looking for anything but red or silver. But when I saw the pics of this car - and the price - I told my wife we had to check it out. It's been maintained so well it's unbelievable - truly as nice in person as the photos show. And because it was a "high mileage" car (48k miles), I got it at a discount compared to the more popular low-mileage examples. Since I plan on keeping the car indefinitely (as long as it doesn't eat me out of house and home!) the mileage doesn't bother me.

DefunctNeurons and Mistahtowsan like this.
  13. LorenzoR

LorenzoR F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Congrats on the car.....Look at SAVE A BATTERY chargers. Ive had mine 10 years. Comes with a wall mount

f355spider and Kevin Rev'n like this.
  14. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    CTek
    Congrats on a beautiful car, enjoy!!

15. JazzyJay

JazzyJay Formula Junior

Oct 26, 2005
    Connecticut
    Welcome. I have an ‘02 Spider, so feel free to message me if needed.

Regarding the charger, I highly recommend NOT using cigarette lighter. I’ll send a pic of my setup when I get home later. Also, all chargers are not created equal. Some desulfonate, some adjust for temperature, some have surge protection, etc. These 360s are VERY sensitive to voltage irregularities and will throw error codes (or worse) if your battery is not given a solid 12+ volts.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

cbm2000 likes this.
  16. bisel

bisel Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 12, 2012
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Full Name:
    Steve Bisel
    As others have stated, CTEK is good choice. Another good choice is Deltran Battery Tender. IMO Deltran is better choice as it provides identical function at lower cost than CTEK.

And, excellent place to connect is under panel behind driver seat. There is a post for connecting to positive side of electrical system and you can leave the battery tender electrical dongle loose beside driverseat making very convenient

Mimmo Blue likes this.
  17. tomconte

tomconte Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 15, 2010
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Conte
  18. bisel

bisel Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 12, 2012
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Full Name:
    Steve Bisel
  19. PKIM

PKIM Karting

Jan 1, 2004
    Redlands
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Congrats! Welcome to the Ferrari world.
    I also would not use a cigarette charger. I use a C-tek with a pig tail and works great.

20. irix

irix Karting

Aug 28, 2015
    Germany
    Full Name:
    J.B
    Using C-Tek (mx5) for 5 years now as well with the included pigtail which hooks up to the batterie
    Dont use the cigarette lighter.

Regards,
    Joerg

21. Jeffg11

Jeffg11 Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 31, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jeff Grabowski
  22. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Ontario, The Real One in Canada
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    I’ve had good experiences with the Noco Genius products. In the off season I have about a half dozen batteries to maintain ;)
    I had the pigtail wired directly to the battery but relocated it behind the driver seat. Looks a little neater.

23. rquad

rquad Karting

Jul 26, 2019
    Georgia
    Lots of input. Looks like CTEK is recommended by the majority, so I went with the 7002 unit. Not sure why everyone is against using the cigarette lighter adapter - there's a guy in Spain on YouTube who's been doing it that way for quite some time with success.

24. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    If you install it directly to the battery below the passengers feet you're go to get a better charge into the battery. If you go the cigarette lighter route, you're going to be supplying the current through a circuit in the car and a fuse into the battery. That particular circuit supplies the interior dome lights, radio and some of the dashboard electronics. I'm not sure I'd trust it to carry the current to the battery to maintain it personally. You're going to read about, and hopefully NOT learn by experience, that Ferrari electronics are more... fickle.. than other higher volume brands. Read the manual and stick to what it recommends, and you'll have a reliable car.

FYI the Ferrari charger on the 99's attaches to a plug under the hood below the brake master cylinder. I use a CTEK directly wired to the battery terminals and I've been surprised how well it works.

Jamie traina likes this.
  25. Hobacks427

Hobacks427 Karting

Nov 2, 2014
    North Jersey
    Full Name:
    Neil
    First congrats, you really don't forget your first. I haven't for sure even though I'm on the first one going on 5 years now. My charger/conditioner/tender of choice has been one of the SAVE A BATTERY devices by Granite Digital directly wired to the battery terminals, leads fed out through the lower front side door gap.