Lauda Legacy | FerrariChat

Lauda Legacy

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by jpsf1uk, Mar 9, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jpsf1uk

jpsf1uk Rookie

Nov 1, 2018
  2. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Awesome ! Thanks.

3. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Beautiful.....thanks for sharing.

4. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    All I can see is a blurred image of.....something.

5. rei24

rei24 Karting

Apr 12, 2009
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Klaus
    Amazing! Thanks a lot!

6. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    Lauda was / is one of my all time F-1 heroes .... like the story goes ... don't meet your heroes. I've met Lauda a bunch of times, and ultimately he's not that nice of a guy. as he's older he's better, but still down under he's a loaner. as a driver he was excellent. he's right behind Jackie Stewart in my book in terms of talent and raw speed. the 1974 Ferrari was still not that good of a car, but he tested the car all winter long and developed the car slowly with Ferrari and Forghiere. in 75 when the season started it did not go so well, but by Monaco and the 312T he was the car to beat. I remember seeing him at Watkins Glen that year - swamped with people. the following year he should have been champion no question, it was politics and Ferrari poor reliability that cost him the championship. in 77, is when the real ruthless Lauda came out. ... that is they guy you see today. 100% focused, all on him, and the car, able to concentrate beyond measure. here is a guy with no education who became an airline pilot, then built a rival company to Austrian Air, which ultimately bought out his airline.. and he then came back and raced again from 81 - 85 and won the championship again! amazing. This film is just a small part of the story -but very nicely done.

Lusso123 likes this.
  7. Jon Saltinstall

Aug 7, 2019
    Full Name:
    Jon Saltinstall

Nice work - thanks for posting!

Mmckee likes this.
  8. Juli

Juli Formula Junior

Jul 6, 2014
    Germany
    Full Name: