Mondials For Sale | Page 81 | FerrariChat

Mondials For Sale

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by 123howie, May 26, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Drewbdo

Drewbdo Karting

Apr 8, 2016
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Really nice looking car! I like the wheels, also.

By the way, I saw the eBay listing. I thought the listing says Vegas, but the phone number is ATL. I'm a little north of Kennesaw. Just curious.

Ah... OK. After reading this, I googled images of the 70th badge on other cars. I don't think it really looks good.

I would not add it to the car, but I don't own an F-car yet, so what do I know? ;):D lol

2. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane

Yes, it's in Las Vegas, I still can't believe it hasn't sold yet, even at $31K with the 2 sets of wheels, unreal.

3. Temple

Temple Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2015
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Temple
    It’s a very uncertain, I would almost call it a “guarded”/hesitant, (collector car) market. To my eyes prices on 355’s, 360’s, 430’s, even 550’s/575’s, have retreated more than that of our beloved Mondial. It certainly looks like a great example!!

Temple

paulchua and sixcarbs like this.
  4. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
  5. greatscott73

greatscott73 Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2017
    Eastern Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Howard Scott
    He mentions in the ad that he had trouble inputting the vin through ebay, but you would think he could get the year right....

6. Wade

Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    That, and lots of other things said that raise a warning flag. Also, Beverly Hills Car Club seems to have the same issue (adding VINs to ebay). Shenanigans yet again.

7. Wade

Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Not sure what you mean by wrong model. :confused:

Think of it this way, about $100k for essentially a new Ferrari. The t is the epitome of the line and they only produced 858 Coupe versions for the global market.

I think it's priced right (for the global market). Granted, the cab was, and still is, more desirable here in the U.S.

8. JLF

JLF Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2009
    If I was going to spend a hundred grand for a car (which I’m not) I’d be all over that thing. Brand new Mondial T for a hundred grand? Where do I sign? That’s almost half price of new cost.

9. 2cam

2cam Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2014
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    MikeS
    Wow Stephane, that was quick! https://www.ebay.com/itm/1986-Ferrari-Mondial-Cabriolet-3-2/303249822647?hash=item469b1913b7:g:eXMAAOSw9AxdTxVV .

Do you have any current pics of the car? Would love to see them.

Thanks!

2cam

Scaledetails likes this.
  10. Wade

Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    rob likes this.
  11. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane

I will, not sure if I can let it go however, I ran into a car that eluded me 11 years ago, desperately trying to get it, if my Testarossa sells first I will keep this Mondial, but TR's are hard to sell, hence me putting this one up for sale. FYI, this isn't a flip for profit, my asking price is what I have in it already. I haven't made a profit on a Mondial in probably 20 years, LOL, but I love my life!!

12. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    Curious to see what it will go far with the mileage it has.

13. Temple

Temple Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2015
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Temple
    Agreed!! Such a rare and unique exterior color!! A brown Ferrari? What would the “traditionalists” say? Lol The same “traditionalists” who think that any Ferrari that has more than 20-30k miles, even on a car that is more than 30 yrs old as in this case, is considered “high mileage”(!!) and be accordingly priced.

Temple

rob likes this.
  14. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    I am really trying to keep it if I can sell the TR instead. I love this Mondial, only one in this color in the USA. The miles never bothered me, with such extensive service history since new, it's like a 30K mile car to me. You wouldn't know it by driving it or just by looking at it. For what it's worth, I seem to be getting more interest on this car than I was with the red QV with 30K miles which I lost my shirt on, go figure.

15. 2cam

2cam Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2014
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    MikeS
    Stephane, is the AC functional and blowing cold on the car? Does it have the tool kit with it? I didn't see mention of either in the ad. Also, any current pics of the car that you could share?

Thanks!

2cam

16. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    The answers are yes and yes, but I may be keeping it as I have a buyer on the TR coming next week

17. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Il Steeg and rob like this.
  18. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    paulchua likes this.
  19. sixcarbs

sixcarbs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2004
    SF
    High bid was $22,000. Ugh. There must be a lot more to that car than meets the eye.

https://www.mecum.com/lots/CA0819-380566/1993-ferrari-mondial-t-convertible/

20. 2cam

2cam Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2014
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    MikeS
    5,800 miles! Here's the text from the auction:

"The 1986 Ferrari Mondial Cabriolet offered here is seen in preservation condition, original down to the tire. With just 5,800 miles on the odometer, the entire car presents today in nearly untouched condition, especially considering its age. This special example is offered in red over black interior, fitted with the famed Quattrovalvole engine, delivering power through a 5-speed manual gearbox. Included of the sale of the Mondial are its manuals, tool kit, jack, spare wheel, a clean CARFAX, and soft top".

They're claiming that the car is "in preservation condition, original down to the tire". However, the lower body (including the front spoiler) has been painted red instead of the original black. It makes me wonder what else could be hidden. Also, there seems to be quite a bit of wear on the pedals and carpeting around the dead pedal for 5800 miles. My car with 60K on it has less wear in those areas.

I honestly think BaT is a better venue for a lot of cars due to the length of the auction and the vetting of the vehicles by individuals that have knowledge of them. Auctions like the one at Pebble Beach tend to move too quickly and it's easy to get caught up in the action and buy something that may not be what it seems.

2cam

paulchua likes this.
  21. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Good points 2cam, I too was a bit skeptical with the mileage.

22. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    It’s funny that you don’t see hardly any Mondials on BAT.

23. stekkefun4

stekkefun4 Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2006
    Belgium - Europe
    That's because BaT reserves the right to refuse cars that don't match the type of cars they're willing to put up on auction in a certain period. I was in touch with them very recently (not for a Mondial) on Ferrari F40 parts I'm selling, but BaT told me they are overwhelmed by the massive number of people trying to sell their cars through BaT. Because they can only put x number of cars on auction a day, they are very picky at the moment. The market is flooded with Ferraris & Porsches at the moment, only few car dealers still accept these in their stocks. Take a magazine like "Classic Cars" (UK) : it used to be stuffed with Ferrari and Porsche ads until 6 months ago, you won't find a handful of F/P's in their latest issues.

paulchua and rob like this.