360 - Leonardo Tool Crowd Share, and/or remote diagnosis possible | FerrariChat

360 Leonardo Tool Crowd Share, and/or remote diagnosis possible

Discussion in '360/430' started by one4torque, Aug 3, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    I'll do some forum search on the next best diag tool for 360 short of the Leonardo ($20K). Link below:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ferrari-diagnostic-tool-Leonardo-Diagnostic-tool-dealer-level/283453024900?_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20160908105057%26meid%3Dcb57a4f6c55342759615594cbc1b484b%26pid%3D100675%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D15%26sd%3D283453024900%26itm%3D283453024900%26pg%3D2481888&_trksid=p2481888.c100675.m4236&_trkparms=pageci%3A17c8ae5a-b5fa-11e9-9e62-74dbd1804da8%7Cparentrq%3A57dc105516c0aca4a8f93121ffea3b8e%7Ciid%3A1

Question 1 - Have Ferrari enthusiasts ever pooled together in a region or ferrari club to share one of these tools? Seems a club of 20 could make this work.

Question 2 - Could an enterprising person buy one of these, and perform remote obd diagnostics over the internet by placing an OBD reader on the user end, and connecting to the leonardo through the internet?
    I'm sure this tech exists. I would pay for this service? I suppose mr. TREV would know how to do this :) :)

Question 3 - (barring my search above.... I know USE SEARCH)..... anyone know off hand the best scan tool for the 360 dual bank system? .... under $5K????

Thanks all.... this is what I think about @ 2AM... I'm cursed.

Bigilo, kes7u and RANDY6005 like this.
  2. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    SAK Diagnostic beta is going to be available soon and will be able to do full dealer level diagnostic for a fraction of the prices people have been frustrated by.

I've actually got access to many different systems including factory ones and I am not particularly impressed with any of them...

Mimmo Blue, Fenz, recoil and 4 others like this.
  3. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    I knew you would be up on this!
    Thanks sir. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

I had a code this AM....
    my troglodite methods:
    Step 1 - turn off battery switch, go for drive..... on 3rd start up code reappears... crap!

Step 2 - Try my cheap accutron CP9125. (works on my E36 bmw)..... will not talk to the F Car.

Step 3 - Tried my other Blue-tooth OBDII Scanner (U-scan)..... success.....
    I had code: PO571 (cruise cont/brake sw circuit)....... the brake light switch dongle appeared to be pushed up inside the switch..... so I depressed the brake pedal, and pull that little dongle back out a few clicks to let is self adj. Visual brake lights working fine. (did not check to verify they were on all the time prior).

Reset code..... shut-off, started car 3x..... no code returns.... but I'll know for sure after a few more cycles.

I WILL be a buyer of your software sir..... please keep us posted.
    Is there a sticky somewhere for codes and common fixes?

On another note.. outer door mech cable super sticky.... shot some lube in there..... but did find it I push the door closed slightly to relive some pressure, the door handle works effortlessly. New cable on order in any case.

Also noticed my drivers window does not go all the way down.... leaving a 4mm gap.... and it appears to go up with excess pressure into the seal..... suspect some adj of the limit switches is in order when I install the new cable.

Guess I call this bonding time with my sweet francesca ? !!

4. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    The plausibility check for the brake switches are almost instant. They work or don't. It's such a simple switch and inexpensive you may be better just replacing it.

tifosi101 and one4torque like this.
  5. RossoC360

RossoC360 Formula Junior
    Owner

Jun 20, 2008
    Buffalo NY
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I have a Leonardo with full Ferrari software if you have any questions, I'll help anyway I can. I may consider renting it out. Jason.

6. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Thx Jason. Will see if my brake switch fix does the trick.

7. Alpintourer

Alpintourer F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 20, 2013
    The Low Country
    Full Name:
    Dave Steven
    Two years ago, a group of eight of us chipped in for a Leonardo to get a local Airframe & Powerplant Mechanic and Ferrari Owner started as an Indy Repair facility. It's worked out really well for everyone. Driving 3 miles for a Major Service vs 250 miles is a big savings.

8. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    I suspect there is a clever way to capitalize this and depreciate it with an s corp...... with a trusted bunch of buddies.... hopefully I don't have the frequency of need to make this necessary L:)

9. FantasiaForest

Feb 22, 2019
    Jacksonville Fl
    Full Name:
    Joe C Rudkin Ii
    Any way of remotely hooking up to the Leonardo?

one4torque likes this.
  10. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    I recall the Amg tuners doing this remote.

kes7u likes this.
  11. RossoC360

RossoC360 Formula Junior
    Owner

Jun 20, 2008
    Buffalo NY
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I'm sure the technology exists, it would be a matter of engineering/implementing the software. I may be interested in selling my Leonardo if a fair price was agreed upon.

12. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    If I keep my 360 long term I will buy one.

13. kes7u

kes7u Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2017
    Shorewood, MN
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    That would be brilliant!

Kevin

14. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Please add this to trev toolbox.

kes7u likes this.
  15. kes7u

kes7u Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2017
    Shorewood, MN
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Why not??

At this point, I'll be disappointed if the software won't make me a sandwich!

Kevin

16. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    The approach I've taken is actually to use an OBD Dongle with a Pass-Thru connector so it can stay in the vehicle at all times. This allows you to just leave it In-Situ and forget its there. Fit and forget.

The premium version of the SAK Tool will support not only Wifi but also a data connection with a SIM card subscription. It then can access the internet over 3G/4G/5G network or fall back and go via a wifi gateway configured in the car. (e.g. sharing an internet connection from your phone).

This allows you to do a heck of a lot more than just diagnostics and actuation tests!

1. Data Logging.
    Yes I'm logging all of sensor data output to the cloud with clever offline analysis taking place. The back office server is doing averaged (mean) time to failure analysis so prediction of which components are most likely to fail and when based on sensor data from your actual car and how its been driven. I'll be using heuristics gained from everyone's SAK journey's (anonymized ofcourse) and some clever Artificial Intelligence smarts to do the predictive analysis. This will include optional recommendations notifications for pro-actively changing parts before they leave you at the side of the road (e.g. a failing battery or alternator). This is pretty game changing stuff and will make your car much more reliable as the models get smarter.

2. Remote Assisted Diagnostics over the Internet

Ofcourse, what did you expect ! From the comfort of your tablet even while on holiday you can connect to your account or share a one time password with a friend, so you can see the uploaded historical logs of CEL codes, sensor values and how many days battery its got left before it needs to go on the tender, etc.. Even the ability to remotely deactivate the car from being started with key from your trusted device. You can also see a full historical trace of all CELs ever generated while SAK was plugged in and when they where cleared and what sensors or actuators got changed by the techs. No techs pretending they changed all the coilpacks or spark plugs now. You can now see individual coil pack values so if they haven't changed they didn't swap them!

3. 'Dyno Mode' Tuning of calibration maps.
    A special mode can be enabled for your local expert tuner through which they use a tablet to view and edit performance calibration maps while running on a dyno in realtime so they can tailor the presets maps exactly to your car to extract best possible performance.

4. Security Alerts
    Notification alerts of your car goes out of its geo-fenced gps location or doesn't respond to its heart-beat (e.g. turned off or unplugged alert).

At this point I won't divulge all with ALL of the features that are coming. Just wait and see! The first prototype hardware samples going out to early adopter registered clients very soon!!!

17. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    #17 360trev, Aug 8, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
    haha. It would have to make fresh espresso first, this is an Italian car after all !

kes7u likes this.
  18. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Trev is my hero! Italian Superman.