The Official LaFerrari APERTA Picture Thread | Page 67 | FerrariChat

The Official LaFerrari APERTA Picture Thread

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by dcmetro, Jul 5, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LamboLover

LamboLover F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Rick
  2. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Another one that went to a deserving owner..

jpalmito likes this.
  3. Dimitar

Dimitar Formula Junior

Mar 21, 2007
    Boston
    Nice picture. Thanks for sharing

4. [gTr]

[gTr] Formula 3

Mar 11, 2008
    Hamburg, Germany
    Don't agree with your comment. I am sure the owner "invested" enough of his wealth into Ferrari to deserve this car. You can't expect every owner to hold on to these cars for life.

Boomhauer likes this.
  5. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    It's the mileage that bothers me. Selling the car i can understand. But 336 miles over 4/5 years...

jpalmito likes this.
  6. Prancing 12

Prancing 12 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 11, 2004
    The long way home
    As you know, it's not uncommon for those in a position to be an original LaFerrari Aperta owner to be quite busy with the things that have them in said position (i.e. running major businesses, etc).

On top of that, I would guess that this particular owner is older than most Aperta owners, so it's not surprising he hasn't driven it more. Frankly, with the number of delivery mileage cars on the market, I'm surprised he drove it as much as he did.

I'm pretty sure the uptick in the value of the Aperta won't really move the needle for him either, so it's not like this is some sort of strictly speculative play.

7. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    True, but then why buy a car if you don't have the time to drive it? I will take a guess that the owner had plenty of time to drive it, but preferred to buy it to look at in the garage. Can still enjoy it without getting harassed every time taking the car out let alone probably damaging the front with a road that isn't perfectly level. I have a hard time believing someone would buy a car having no time to drive it let alone look at it. If you can spend time looking at your car you have time to drive it.

8. Prancing 12

Prancing 12 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 11, 2004
    The long way home
    You buy it because they offer it to you, you can buy it, and you buy everything...

Beyond that, I can only speculate why certain owners treat their cars the way they do, whether that's driving the wheels off, or keeping them basically bubble wrapped. I happen to know, in the case of this Aperta owner, that he's very busy running a large company and he has a bunch of other cars that he probably spreads his leisure mileage across...

of2worlds and Boomhauer like this.
  9. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
  10. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
  11. TSOYBELIS

TSOYBELIS F1 World Champ

Nov 30, 2005
    Athens, Greece
    Full Name:
    SPYROS
  12. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
  13. GHG

GHG Formula 3

Jan 29, 2008
  14. TG

TG F1 Veteran

Oct 26, 2004
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Taylor
    Unnecessary snide. The mere joy of of owning cars like this may outweigh the thrill which so many of us seek. It's a possibility so do yourself a favor and reserve judgement!

15. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    I wont. These are cars. And limited cars. I obviously know this is my opinion and i am not looking to enforce it, but when a car like that is produced, it should go to owners who will drive them. Call me judgmental or naive but that is my opinion. If one has joy in just owning, then why sell it, if not to cash in on a car that has 3x in value?
    Having a car and not driving it is not owning it. You have no idea what it is because you dont use it. At least i hope the car went to a more deserving owner who will put more miles on it.

16. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud