Factory production photos | FerrariChat

Factory production photos

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by vjd3, Aug 7, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. vjd3

vjd3 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Vic
    I don't know how many of you have registered your cars with my.ferrari.com but when I did I was surprised to find that I could see the factory production photos that are typically sent to the original owner during the build process.

You can also keep track of your warranty coverage and scheduled maintenance coverage, see when the car has been to the dealer for service, get a list of factory options, etc. The site is very slow lately, but kind of cool to see her being built on the line.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

AlfistaPortoghese and tommygun64 like this.
  2. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    I've always wondered if some of the early photos when the body shell is still in primer aren't just generic photos?

3. Mizio

Mizio Rookie

Aug 27, 2017
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Maurizio
    I have found out the same with my CPO California T. Very cool site...when it works. Slow and sluggish, not exactly what you would expect on a Ferrari . I was reassured by the site administrator that it will be fixed shortly.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

4. Fireman1291

Fireman1291 Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2017
    Tampa, FL
    Full Name:
    Adam
    I've yet to ever be able to log in and see anything… ever. I registered, crash, reset pass, crash, crash GARBAGE. They need to get their **** together.

5. Mizio

Mizio Rookie

Aug 27, 2017
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Maurizio
    Agree. Access to the site stinks but when you are in, it’s cool. It is down now so don’t waste your time. I had to contact the administrator at [email protected] to get access through a new account/password. At least, they are responsive, and helpful. Hope it helps.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

6. Fireman1291

Oct 30, 2017
    Tampa, FL
    Full Name:
    Adam
    So I emailed them and they could not find my original account under the email I used. Fine, so I set up a new one with another email and entered my VIN, etc and when I went to login it says "Your credentials are no longer valid" and kicks me out.

If I find out they black listed me because I've posted gun pics with my car on Instagram I'm ****ing selling this car and moving brands….

7. Horsin'around

Horsin'around Karting

Jun 14, 2017
    I have been getting the same thing the past 2 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fireman1291 likes this.
  8. Randy R

Randy R Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 23, 2011
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    '14 Cal 30 TDF/Tan
    I'm able to login, but I can't seem to find photos of my car. I see the service history, options, etc...

AlfistaPortoghese likes this.
  9. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    Same here. I’m the car’s second owner. Service history, equipment, all is there except production pictures... I’d love to get my hands on those :(

Should we email Ferrari? Or ask our dealer?

Kind regards,

Nuno.

10. Mizio

Mizio Rookie

Aug 27, 2017
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Maurizio
    AlfistaPortoghese and Piper like this.
  11. Randy R

Randy R Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 23, 2011
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    '14 Cal 30 TDF/Tan
  12. Chizz

Chizz Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 21, 2017
    Atlanta
    Why is my site totally in Italian? Where do I change to English?

13. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    I would think on the profile page where you indicate the language that you speak, it'd be smart enough to put 2+2 together and come to with the correct default language. Mine seems to have changed to Italiano! On the bright side, I was able to update my occupation to artist/celebrity!

I got this "sorry Charlie" message when I tried to update something else. Aspetta?!? What the heck. Who programmed this debacle of a website, my grandmother?!?

Crazy...T

ingegnere and Chizz like this.
  14. tommygun64

tommygun64 Karting

Mar 24, 2018
    Europe
    Full Name:
    A.
    No, it is not in the native and communication language setting!
    It is the top right corner icon that indicates your country.
    Myself, I had to choose Europe->International to get English, otherwise if I choose the country I live in it uses the local language.
    I guess for the US it won't be a problem.

Chizz likes this.
  15. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    I guess things have changed they used to give out hard cover books, I think I still have mine from my gearshift 430 coupe.

16. Mizio

Mizio Rookie

Aug 27, 2017
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Maurizio
    They have now uploaded the manual. Good to have it handy on your phone should you need it.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

17. mlcor

mlcor Karting

Jul 21, 2018
    #17 mlcor, Aug 9, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2019
    I can no longer access the site on my phone or laptop, when I try to log in, I get an error saying "too many re-directs."

This sucks for many reasons, especially since I'd like to download the Portofino manual to my phone. Anyone have a link for that?

EDIT: I can access the site if I use Chrome instead of Safari. However, when I try to download the manual I get a "page doesn't exist" error, so I guess it's not really there...

18. Mizio

Mizio Rookie

Aug 27, 2017
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Maurizio
    I had the same error message on my iPhone/iPad. Just go to Settings>Safari and clear history. It’s a pain but it worked for me. I already complained with the administrator that it is ludicrous that a Ferrari website is so slow and buggy. Luckily, their cars do not suffer from the same issues . They said that they are currently working to fix it.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

19. mlcor

mlcor Karting

Jul 21, 2018
    That's good to know, but the main reason I'd want to get on the site right now (since I've already got my car) is to have the download of the manual, and the link for that doesn't work...

20. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    Thank you for sharing, Maurizio.

I will write an e-mail to customer service.

Kind regards,

Nuno.

21. vjd3

vjd3 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Vic
    Mizio likes this.
  22. mlcor

mlcor Karting

Jul 21, 2018
    Unfortunately the link for the Portofino manual (as opposed to the Cali) doesn’t work.

23. Fireman1291

Oct 30, 2017
    Tampa, FL
    Full Name:
    Adam
    ok so after 5 back and forth emails I'm finally in. They had to set the account up for me with info given to them via email. PITA but I'm in….. BUT…everything is in Italian LOL. Email 6 in bound lol.

24. Tito1969

Tito1969 Karting

May 19, 2019
    Full Name:
    Tito Kabir
    Where is the link to production photos ?

25. tommygun64

tommygun64 Karting

Mar 24, 2018
    Europe
    Full Name:
    A.
    #25 tommygun64, Oct 2, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2019
    The link appears there in the www.my-new.ferrari.com menu, as long as the production has started.
    For me it appeared yesterday but initially did not work.
    Today I received the e-mail and then it started working and showed me the 1st photo (really happy :) )
    True to the glitchy nature of the site, the download button does not work. I can only see the photo like that for now.
    What I also do not know is where or how I can see the production code that denotes the stage of production.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login