488 - Has any owner weighed the Pista yet? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

488 Has any owner weighed the Pista yet?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Dilusha, Aug 8, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PistaGuyAZ

PistaGuyAZ Karting

Apr 10, 2019
    Full Name:
    Ryan Woon
    This video is purely for technical data. Only one of the three cars is even available as two of them I already sold this week. I didn’t start a thread about it like drag times. Maybe that’s the difference? And someone posted my video before I did. I could delete my post where I posted it

F12london, sampelligrino and BJK like this.
  2. RaymondG

RaymondG Rookie
    BANNED

Jul 25, 2019
    Full Name:
    Raymond Garner
    I don't think you should banned at all... technical or not, it's against the "rules"... :) . Do you think they should have banned Brooks?

F12london likes this.
  3. PistaGuyAZ

PistaGuyAZ Karting

Apr 10, 2019
    Full Name:
    Ryan Woon
    No. I am a car enthusiast and I like to see good videos and good content. He makes money off his views. I don’t because my page is too small. But I don’t care about any of that I just want to see new stuff and less threads speculating about values and production numbers

Jo Sta7, NeilF8888 and sampelligrino like this.
  4. Johnnugget

Johnnugget Karting

Jan 19, 2018
    Full Name:
    John Nugget
    This video has no adds and is generating nothing but interesting and useful information. Thanks to it i don't have to weight the Pista anymore.

So thanks for the documentation - many here have been waiting for these numbers.

BJK likes this.
  5. RaymondG

RaymondG Rookie
    BANNED

Jul 25, 2019
    Full Name:
    Raymond Garner
    that doesn't matter, the rule is you can't post your own videos, since he sells cars, he could make money of the video..... hence why there should be a policy change here....

6. gzachary

gzachary Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Jan 10, 2011
    California
    #31 gzachary, Aug 9, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2019
    Hi everyone,

Yes, it is my Pista weight that was referred to in the the link referenced earlier. That was the weight that was listed by an independent air shipper who shipped it from Italy to the west coast of the US. They listed it as 1393 kg on the manifest. I didn't weigh it myself.

Given that they had interest to charge more if it weighed more, I take their 1393kg weight seriously. I am assuming that. I saw the shipping manifest and weight listed for the Pista with my own eyes. Unless the air shipper just writes down a number without weighing the vehicle, then I am guessing it is pretty accurate. It basically said "2019 Pista, 1393 kilograms, Milano, LAX, etc." and the price in euros. So that is where I got the 1393kg weight from. The shipper is not a Ferrari company.

The Pista was shipped ready to go from factory to the US with that air shipper. On the air shipment manifest with fluids with my configuration, the weight was listed as 1393 kilograms. Then the car got to my dealer and they did PDI on it. And then added gas to it. From what I understand from service who did the PDI, the fluids were already in it. So it was just gas they added.

So, I am just relaying data here. Perhaps some piece of the puzzle is missing. But from what I understand of the above data, I have believed 1393.

Also, Ferrari claims a dry weight of 1280kg.

Also, this is not a challenge to anyone here. Just bringing up that I didn't weigh my Pista. Just telling you how I got the weight # for my Pista.

Thanks.

7. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Which doesn't mean it's not commercial, just means you're not that successful, yet.

Also using your company name in your user ID is a no-no.

User banned and advised to contact admin to fix the user ID issue.

Video not deleted pending his conversation with Booker

D

8. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

The moderation wheels sometimes turn slowly.

D

9. RaymondG

RaymondG Rookie
    BANNED

Jul 25, 2019
    Full Name:
    Raymond Garner
    indeed, but in the wrong direction.....

graphicdisorder likes this.
  10. RaymondG

RaymondG Rookie
    BANNED

Jul 25, 2019
    Full Name:
    Raymond Garner
    DDWPartnersRyan was banned for posting this great video of weighing the Pista, GT3RS and 600LT.... but since we can post other peoples videos, here it is...

tekaefixe likes this.
  11. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    crinoid likes this.
  12. RaymondG

RaymondG Rookie
    BANNED

Jul 25, 2019
    Full Name:
    Raymond Garner
  13. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    TLDR Mc600LT weighed 3,000lbs, Pista was 3,379lbs. No carbon wheels, full gas.

ferrame likes this.
  14. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    The video is linked twice in the old original thread. I watched it there.

How much weight are the carbon wheels worth?

15. graphicdisorder

graphicdisorder Formula Junior

Jan 11, 2015
    Johnson City, TN
    This is getting ridiculous.

sampelligrino likes this.
  16. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    What is?

17. graphicdisorder

graphicdisorder Formula Junior

Jan 11, 2015
    Johnson City, TN
    Banning people over the dumbest ****.

18. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    No it is not. It is linked twice in the original thread. Just watched again.

19. RaymondG

RaymondG Rookie
    BANNED

Jul 25, 2019
    Full Name:
    Raymond Garner
    it's really not that complicated... you can't post your own video, he posted it, got banned... anyone else can post it which is why it's still there....

20. Texas2step

Texas2step Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2018
    Full Name:
    Bola olusola
    There are rules and there are consequences for rule violations sounds very simple to me.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Booker and Shadowfax like this.
  21. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    Wow. You really should go back and look at the original thread. The video that DDW posted is STILL there as is the video that another user posted. They did not remove it nor did they say he got banned for posting the video. The moderator explained “User banned and advised to contact admin to fix the user ID issue.

Video not deleted pending his conversation with Booker”

22. RaymondG

RaymondG Rookie
    BANNED

Jul 25, 2019
    Full Name:
    Raymond Garner
    wow, you're still missing the point... the post that DDWPartnersRyan made in that thread with his video in it was deleted, and he was subsequently banned...

23. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    Really. What is post #6 in the original thread? Go back and look at the original thread. Go look at post #6. What do you see?

24. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    MY post #5 (first :) and zero afilliation ) and HIS post #6 (don't think he noticed I had just posted his vid because he was worried about it) are both still there.
    He was not trying to sell cars. Period. He was providing useful information. I think he will be un-banned if he just changes his screen name. (so it doesn't reflect his business)
    https://ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/has-any-owner-weighed-the-pista-yet.605049/

mkraft3003 likes this.
  25. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Guys,

Lets be real clear on this.

I banned him because his user ID is his business name. Only paying sponsors can do that. Advised him to contact the admin for a name change. IF he does, the ban will get lifted.

As to the video. Since he did not have a history of posting self serving for profit videos, I left it. It had some content that was useful to the thread conversation. If he posts more videos, he'll get reviewed and we'll delete them. Fishing for profits here via you tube is considered a TOU violation, but we do sometimes look at the content to see if it serves as informative and not really as a pitch for a business or clicks.

If he had multiple videos posted here, it would get different scrutiny.

Ok, play on.

Dave

DRYHOLE, stavura, Melvok and 5 others like this.