308/328 GTB/GTS / DINO GT4 PARTS CROSS REF. THREAD | Page 19 | FerrariChat

308/328 GTB/GTS / DINO GT4 PARTS CROSS REF. THREAD

Discussion in '308/328' started by thecarreaper, Jun 25, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferraritalian

Ferraritalian Formula Junior

Jan 19, 2019
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Bought a replacement battery cover for the 308, supposedly fits multiple models. It was a new repro for about $250 (quite a bit for a little flat piece of plastic) and I saw most topping out at about $300. One ad was for original part @ $500. It’s listed as part number 60278809, but some ads for the repro also call them OEM and use the PN, but they are too new to be original. Weird part.

2. kbento

kbento Rookie

May 12, 2014
    Upstate NY
    Full Name:
    Kevin Bento
    Another crossover for the Temp Switch in teh Coolant Tank (aka Expansion Tank) on 308's:
    My 1985 308 QV WITH Lambda (and o2 sensor): The Thermoswitch is CLOSED below 57 Degrees C (~ 135 F). It OPENS when heated to above 57 Degrees C (its 35 years old, so its more line 54 C when it opens). Ive verified this in my kitchen in a heated pot of water.

Ricambi America calls this the:
    121777 THERMOSTAT (Bimetal Thermostat)
    https://www.ricambiamerica.com/car-diagrams/ferrari/v6-v8/308-group/308qvus/cooling-system/thermostat.html
    Its used on US 308's with Lamda, as well as some 328's, Mondial T's and Testerossa's:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Note, these switches are IMPOSSIBLE to find! And if you do find one, make darn sure its the correct open/closed as described above, if you have a 308QV with Lamda. Mine is stamped: 57/33. The others Open/Closed look identical (not sure about the stampings). So you need to verify in a hot water test.

As a workaround, there is a company that sells thermoswitches that work nearly the same as described able, for about $35:
    BiMetal Immersion Temp Switch: TSW-TT-F3B-130R/WL (130 Degree F)
    https://www.omega.com/pptst/TSW-TT.html
    The only gotcha is the threads are different:
    OEM Thermoswitch: M8 Thread
    Omega Thread: 1/4 NPT
    You could either drill a new hole in the tank and weld a new 1/4 NPT Bung for it, or drill and tap the existing hole to 1/4 NPT... I never needed to go that far, but that was my plan...

I ordered mine as a future replacement, if I ever need it. Ive verified that it operates nearly identically as the OEM switch from Ferrari with the hot water test.
    Remember, this part number is for a 308 QV with Lamda (Closed below 57 C, Open above 57 C).
    [​IMG]
    They do have other parts that should replace other thermoswitches on other 308s and temp combos...

Great company, I also got a Thermocoupler for my Cat from them (Part #: TJ36-CASS-18U-6-SB), you have to do a little bending so it matches the original, but it works.

Ill post pics later in a separate thread for both of these workarounds. I need some time to organize the 1000's of pics Im taking through this journey...

3. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    A search of this thread did not turn up any results for me:

Are GT4 side/corner marker units interchangeable with those from GTB/GTS? If not, can someone suggest a source?
    Thank you.

Jack.

4. NoGoSlow

NoGoSlow Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2014
    Republic of Texas
    Full Name:
    Mark Jacks
    Sadly, the GT4 side-marker lights are unique to that model. As for sources, you may be limited to finding ones from old GT4s that are being parted-out.

5. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Try rutlands or gtcarparts. Better response from rutlands

NoGoSlow likes this.
  6. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Also tony randazzo on eBay

7. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    I believe it's part # 109887
    a T-Union on #73 Tav 9
    It's a tight fit.

The Home Depot "Apollo" PEX 1" x 1" x 1" Barb fitting T can do in a pinch $6.30

8. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    The earlier Fiat uses the same marker

9. Jack-the-lad

Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    I've found a machine shop that will reproduce these U.S. market GT4 side marker bezels in aluminum, anodized or powder coated. I am almost definitely having a set produced. So far the shop has told me they could do it based on pictures I provided. They'll have an actual part next week to give me a better idea of pricing. The shop was referred to me by a very competent high-end (Pebble Beach) restorer, so at this time I have a high level of confidence.

If there's enough interest I might have more made, but I don't plan to keep an inventory of them.

NoGoSlow likes this.
  10. NoGoSlow

NoGoSlow Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2014
    Republic of Texas
    Full Name:
    Mark Jacks
    Yes!!!! I'm in for a set. I have tried to get a 3D scan of my plastic ones to accomplish exactly this... the 'bowtie' effect bothers me much more than it should, but once you notice then it's impossible to unsee it.

I found my old thread on this topic; I think several others have expressed an interest...
    https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/bow-ties-usa-spec-side-marker-lights.553773/

Rgds, Mark

11. Jack-the-lad

Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Ok, good. Let me know. The restorer and I discussed 3D printing but he steered my toward aluminum as a better solution. When I get more info from the machine shop I'll post it. If enough interest is expressed here I'll start a thread.

NoGoSlow likes this.
  12. fastjon

fastjon Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2006
    California
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    Hey everybody,

Parts cross reference for throttle body, or throttle body spindle #121802

13. NoGoSlow

NoGoSlow Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2014
    Republic of Texas
    Full Name:
    Mark Jacks
    Jack, anything new to report? I was gifted a NOS piece for the rear left, and it is almost perfect. With a scan and image flip we would have enough to make rear parts.

BTW, I really like the aluminum idea with black anodize or powder coat. The other thought I had was to put a rubber gasket between the aluminum and the body panel, basically an unseen o-ring around the recess in the half-round bezel lips.

14. dave80gtsi

dave80gtsi Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Dave Meredith
    Ferrari purchased the damped muffler suspension coil spring assemblies as a common commercial item back in the day, and they are still available today from the manufacturer (but with no Ferrari markings).

Their current color is black. The center bolt with a forked end as present in the Ferrari assembly must be swapped over to the VibraChoc assembly.

Their model number is VR-126-2 as found here: https://www.vibrachoc.es/producto/vr-126/

15. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Awesome great work, what is the cost?

16. dave80gtsi

dave80gtsi Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Dave Meredith
    No idea, as I stumbled across this years ago at a trade show. Got one as a free sample back then, and verified firsthand that they are the same unit. A mention of this item in another thread today twigged the memory, and with a bit of internet research I found their website and description. So I thought that I should post it here for posterity.

If it is important, I can post pictures of theirs vs. OEM (I stole the above picture from the other thread referenced).

Obviously, it is a Spanish company, so you'd need to contact them for cost and availability.

absostone likes this.
  17. Andy 308GTB

Andy 308GTB F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Jun 2, 2004
    Essex, UK
    Full Name:
    Andy M
  18. jsumnertx

jsumnertx Karting

Dec 9, 2004
    Austin
    front bumper light 12V-5W 14145990
    Sylvania 5007

thecarreaper likes this.
  19. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    Glad to see all these years later this thread is still helpful.

absostone likes this.
  20. BLACK HORSE

BLACK HORSE Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2004
    California - Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Yeah... Now we all wish that someone will re-manufacture the Bosch fuel management components for our cars.... Everything is EXTREMELY impossible to get!!!

21. Nino1964

Nino1964 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 14, 2015
    North Georgia
    derekw likes this.
  22. Colin McKaydino

Nov 19, 2020
    Full Name:
    Colin McKay
    Just a note 1977 308gt4 rear calipers are alfasud front calipers the starter and alternator are standard Bosch units and can be overhauled cheaply also the rhd steering rack is Austin Allegro !

absostone likes this.
  23. miketuason

Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Just found a good source for this, price way cheaper than most places. Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Pero and absostone like this.
  24. MFlanagan

MFlanagan Karting

Dec 21, 2016
    Item #8
    Part Number 100787

25. miketuason

Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    And here’s a better price from American Sleeve Bearing (a s b)

waymar and absostone like this.