Concours of Elegance at Hampton Court Palace | FerrariChat

Concours of Elegance at Hampton Court Palace

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Sir_Ferrari, Aug 8, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Sir_Ferrari

Sir_Ferrari F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2012
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Adrian B.
    Hello to all FerrariChat members from the UK! I'm from Munich, Germany and will visit the Concours of Elegance at the Hampton Court Palace from 6-8 September: https://concoursofelegance.co.uk/

Is someone else going there? I would be nice to meet some members from here! :)

2. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Newbury, Berkshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
    Unfortunately it conflicts with the Salon Prive https://www.salonpriveconcours.com/ , so I shan't be there this year. I hope you have a great weekend - it is usually a brilliant show.

3. Daytonafan

Daytonafan F1 Rookie

Oct 18, 2003
    Surrey, England
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    Never understand how these two events manage to end up on the same weekend. I thought Salon Prive was going to change dates to avoid the clash but clearly not.

4. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    I don't really see why it matters for most people (Concours participants excluded). They're both multi-day events so if you want to go to both you can do so. Time and finances permitting, of course, but that would be pretty much the same if they were on different dates. If you're a car enthusiast visiting the UK then it could be seen as a positive advantage.

As I understand it they didn't diverge dates because they each thought the other should be the one to move.

5. Sir_Ferrari

Sir_Ferrari F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2012
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Adrian B.
    Two years ago I visited Salon Prive when there was the 70th anniversary of Ferrari. It was a really great event!

6. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Newbury, Berkshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
    This year it's 100 years of Bentley and the BDC is trying to get over 1,000 Bentleys on site on Sunday. I had an email from the BDC a couple of days ago to say that my car has been selected for the "patina" section of the concours - should be a gas as it certainly has a few bits of "patina", e.g. a 5 foot long scratch down one side where I misjudged the distance from the edge of a rather narrow bridge! :D

PTG1 likes this.