The Art of Racing in the Rain | FerrariChat

The Art of Racing in the Rain

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by vincep99, Aug 9, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. vincep99

vincep99 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2009
    Our dealer (Cauley) hosted a premier showing last night; rented the entire section of a local theater for Ferrari owners only, also had private parking. First class (as is everything they do)

This is a must-see, must-own movie. There is something for everyone. Most who attended had read the read, that is next on my list.

wiley355 and Jeffg11 like this.
  2. GameMaker

GameMaker Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 17, 2014
    WA State
    I haven't seen it yet, but I've spent quite a bit of time hanging out with Don Kitch Jr and his dog Enzo in the last year at the track. Can't wait to check out the movie.

3. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    Posted in Collectables, Literature and Models section, I too went to the Ferrari Dealer showing.
    Read the book. The movie was worthwhile. Dogs, Ferrari’s and racing. The shots of the Testarossa on the track were very cool.
    It’s not Academy Award material, but for car junkies and dog lovers, worth the time.

4. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    I read the book and can't wait to see the movie.

NürScud likes this.
  5. Xtreme5053

Xtreme5053 Formula Junior
    Owner

Aug 20, 2006
    Saw it with local FCA club yesterday...got a little dusty in there. Better than I was expecting.

6. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    #6 PhilNotHill, Aug 15, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
    My research shows that the Ferrari driven on the track with Enzo the dog was a 375 MM spider 1953. Sothebys shows one went at auction for over $9 million. Ciao Bella!

My wife thought the 488 was gorgeous.

How did they get a shot of the new F8 in the movie. It just came out. It is clear to me that SF gave full cooperation in the making of this film. Forza Ferrari

jm2 likes this.
  7. wiley355

wiley355 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 10, 2010
    Vancouver, WA
    Full Name:
    Wiley
    Living in Seattle, I especially enjoyed the local scenery, including familiar tracks. I believe the 488 hot lap was at Mission Raceway, just over the border in British Columbia and Enzo's laps in the "250TR" were at Pacific Raceway (aka Seattle International Raceway). I agree that there was something for everyone in the movie - wonderful story with a great ending.
    Ciao

8. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    I read the book several years ago when it came out. I think my Kindle recommended it to me. I will have to re-read it prior to seeing the movie. :)

9. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
  10. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    I read the book, serendipitously, on a Med cruise on my way to Maranello almost exactly 10 years ago. Memorable book, very memorable trip.

My little town has no theatre, so I'll content myself with waiting for the Bluray.

11. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    I think 330 #6301 made to look like # 0710 tr

12. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    Saw it on a plane today. Thought it was good.

Robb

13. ferraridriver

ferraridriver F1 Rookie

Aug 8, 2002
    Bay Area Calif.
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Read the book about ten years ago, loved it because of the story line and I've raced on most of the tracks he mentions in the book.

Wife just saw it on a flight to NJ, she wept through most of it she said since she knew the ending.