348 - Ac quit working today | FerrariChat

348 Ac quit working today

Discussion in '348/355' started by JLF, Aug 10, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JLF

JLF Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2009
    Took the Mondial T coupe out with the wife. AC was blowing cold and after about 10 minutes....not cold. Was a terrible day for it to quit we literally melted on the drive home. I’ve done work on AC on my Porsche’s before and have the tools and am somewhat familiar. It’s weird that it worked and then suddenly stopped so either in that ten mins all the Freon leaked out or the compressor simply stopped working.
    Where would you start investigating this problem?

2. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    I'd check the connector at the fuse panel. Common problem with most Mondials (can't remember about the t though).

3. JLF

JLF Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2009
    Thanks Wade, Ill check it but I just had the SRI fuse box installed so it may not be electrical.

4. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Okay, then probably a different issue.

I did the same for the 3.2 I owned and some wires are relocated. I don't recall how the schematic changed for that.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. mojocoggo

mojocoggo Rookie

Jul 28, 2013
    San Jose, CA
    Full Name:
    Dylan Leff
    Is the compressor still cycling on/off? Is the compressor clutch engaging? Do you hear a click when switching from fresh air to A/C?

6. JLF

JLF Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2009
    No I never heard any cycling. I will crawl under car tomorrow and see. But I never really noticed the cycling even when it was working.