End of Lusso GTC4 V12 production? | Page 5 | FerrariChat

End of Lusso GTC4 V12 production?

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by NeilF8888, Jan 30, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. chrixxx

chrixxx Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2004
    Lucerne
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Still possible, just asked today

deltona, Autolove and Caeruleus11 like this.
  2. NeilF8888

NeilF8888 Formula 3

Feb 10, 2005
    Miami Beach
    If they do stop manufacturing at the end of 2019, the Lusso will have been produced for less than three years. It would be interesting to know how many were produced in comparison to the number of FF’s produced over six years.

Will they ever be considered a rare Ferrari?

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  3. R J

R J Formula Junior

May 17, 2017
    UK
    In the UK there are 194 GTC4Lusso V12 registered for use on the road, and 7 not yet registered for use on the road
    There are 63 GTC4Lusso V8 registered and 2 not yet registered.

For comparison, there are:

208 FF registered and 7 not registered

315 F12 registered and 52 not registered

518 458 registered and 86 not registered

529 458 spiders registered and 54 not registered

560 488 GTB registered and 56 not registered

595 488 spiders registered and 26 not registered

162 812 registered and 7 not registered

4. FFantastic

FFantastic Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2015
    UK Riviera
    When the world has finally changed and overt displays of decadence and indulgence are universally frowned upon by the tree hugging climate change fanatics who will without doubt become more vitriolic or worse it might be the only Ferrari you can safely tool around in will be the 'under the radar Lusso'.

In which case the answer is 'YES'

5. Andial

Andial Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2016
    It is all things to all women as well. The vast majority of new cars are crossovers. I disagree about it being the king of the road.

6. Andial

Andial Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2016
    Overt displays of decadence and indulgence are already frowned upon. The Lusso isn't under the radar and I doubt environmentalists pose a real threat. There is no question being asked. Your nonsensical rambling is quite distracting.

BarryK likes this.
  7. NeilF8888

NeilF8888 Formula 3

Feb 10, 2005
    Miami Beach
    Thanks for the numbers, this is why I really like FChat.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

R J and Caeruleus11 like this.
  8. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
  9. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    More than 2k FF/GTCs in the UK alone? That's not bad!

10. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Nevermind. I see that it's the number of registered cars at any given year, not new cars registered.

11. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Yes , 257 fast shooting breakers here versus 1 billion "performance" SUV's.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  12. FFantastic

Mar 23, 2015
    UK Riviera
    #112 FFantastic, Aug 12, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
    The question being asked by Neil was 'will they [the Lusso] ever become a rare Ferrari'.
    At the risk of being distracting I opinionated in obviously a nonsensical kind of way that considering the relatively small number produced over a short production run period together with the increasing general demand for 'crossover' vehicles the Lusso V12 with 4WD could very well become rare or at least quite sought after as a result of future supply and demand unless the proposed FUV becomes the new all things to all men .........or women ;)

I beg to differ with your point regarding the Lusso not being under the radar. In the line up of current models the Lusso is considered by many to be very much the more discreet choice.

If you had been fortunate enough to be held to ransom in London recently as a result of Extinction Rebellion bringing absolute gridlock to the central area whilst spouting vitriol at anyone deemed a polluter your opinion may not be supported by everyone.

635CSI likes this.
  13. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    "I beg to differ with your point regarding the Lusso not being under the radar. In the line up of current models the Lusso is considered by many to be very much the more discreet choice".

I agree and its not that hard to see that even in exotics some are more under the radar than others...shall we look at some examples?

1) OVER the radar
    2) UNDER the radar

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    cgt000, Bundy, stavura and 4 others like this.
  15. R J

R J Formula Junior

May 17, 2017
    UK
    ScottS and 635CSI like this.
  16. Andial

Andial Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2016
    If you look at what came before; FF, 612, 456, they aren't particularly sought after. The Lusso is unique as it is the only shooting brake for sale at the moment. The 812, F8, and Portofino all have cars that are similar, such as the DBS, 720S, and SL respectively. As we are on this forum, I believe we are okay with polluting. Even amongst the environmentalist community, ER is quite controversial.

17. Bamsefar

Bamsefar Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2012
    Well not sure about how much I really do pollute: I drive only 2000-3000 km per year - that is way less than any Tesla driver, so in a way Tesla and all electric cars do pollute more than I do with my Ferrari V12.

18. Andial

Andial Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2016
    Your examples of cars over the radar are modified. The Lusso you used has Scuderia Shields and yellow centre caps, while the azzuro 456 also has yellow centre caps. While Lamborghinis stand out more than Ferraris and McLarens stand out the most, exotics all stand out. That's why one gets cars like the Subaru Forester or Fiat Panda.

635CSI likes this.
  19. Andial

Andial Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2016
    Do you fly? What about other methods of transportation you use? Is the energy that powers your home 100% carbon neutral? What about your food? Are you vegan? Why don't you drive an electric car for 2-3k instead? There will always be someone that pollutes more than you so any comparison is fruitless. Not all electric cars pollute more than you because you aren't using your car efficiently, and they don't emit CO2 directly.

Boomhauer likes this.
  20. NeilF8888

NeilF8888 Formula 3

Feb 10, 2005
    Miami Beach
    At Casa Ferrari in Pebble Beach a Lusso GTC4 on display on the lawn with other cars currently being launched like SF90, Tributo and Portofino but no 458’s. Will the Lusso continue on because the Purosange is delayed?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Caeruleus11 and 635CSI like this.
  21. FFantastic

Mar 23, 2015
    UK Riviera
    Reminds me of BrianL

350MH83 and 635CSI like this.
  22. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    I’m going to an event at Maranello in September. It’s been described as a “multiple vehicle launch”. I’m invited there to see the launch of the F8 spider. Some have speculated that we will see a prototype Purosangre. Maybe we will, I intend to have fun in any event!

23. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    To be fair, the world needs tree huggers about now. We're totally destroying the environment and nature.

In any case, a Lusso will never be rare or significantly desirable in any circumstance. It's just not that kind of car.

24. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Rarity and desirability are very relative terms.

I think what you meant to convey is you don't think it's ever going to be considered rare or significantly desirable. A fair opinion.

ScottS likes this.
  25. crazedboutcars

crazedboutcars Karting

Dec 14, 2018
    Dubai, U.A.E.
    Full Name:
    Madhav Kanchan
    There’s another event at Maranello called Univeso Ferrari in September... do check and let us know how it is

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app