First Negative encounter/person messing with my 430. | Page 4 | FerrariChat

First Negative encounter/person messing with my 430.

Discussion in '360/430' started by Zack Hawker, Jul 30, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. _JERRY_

_JERRY_ Karting

Feb 1, 2016
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Jerry Ng
    #76 _JERRY_, Aug 6, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2019
    I'm on the same page as you, in theory. The reality of the situation and the moment is very very different. If i really have to comment, without filter, i'd let some hero do the whole "Justice" thing, and get that dude the punishment he deserves, however, i would not want to be that hero. Lots of cars are vandalised all year round i'm sure.
    The retribution you speak of, i think you have to get a really bad experience at least once in your life, to see it from my perspective. Maybe lose an arm or permanently lose an eye for the rest of your life , and you're gonna tell people, it was over getting justice from someone vandalising your car. After this experience, you will sing a different tune. Meanwhile, i understand if the blood boils within you over such matters.
    In the OP's case, that guy is fishing for an altercation. He's probably just itching for that confrontation.
    Altercations usually boil down to who has more to lose in my opinion. Its very hard to beat someone with nothing to lose, and that guy might really have naught to lose. Just my 2 cents.

one4torque, efg2014 and Nospinzone like this.
  2. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Jerry, what's the caning penalty for vandalism in Singapore? :D

kes7u and John_K_348 like this.
  3. _JERRY_

_JERRY_ Karting

Feb 1, 2016
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Jerry Ng
    "a fine not exceeding one thousand dollars or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding six months, and shall also, subject to the provisions of section 274 of the Criminal Procedure Code (Cap. 132), be punished with caning".

All good in theory, but i hardly read about anyone getting caned. These are all MAX precedents, the actual penalty is almost always lesser.

We just have to tweak a little, the general consensus i get, is that the majority of the public(hell, some of our friends might hate us for it:p) dont really like us exotic car drivers, and we are definitely the minority.

I'll give you an example, if a lorry parks like an idiot or takes up 2 lots when he parks, perhaps it will go under the radar, if someone sees a Ferrari doing that, its gonna go on social media. lol Go figure!

4. kes7u

kes7u Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2017
    Shorewood, MN
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    The penalty should ALWAYS include caning!

Kevin

5. TDF430

TDF430 Rookie

Jun 7, 2019
    Full Name:
    Nick D
    This exact situation is why I always keep a valve stem removal tool in my car. Any ass-hatery results in them coming out to 4 flats, no permanent damage but their tires won't be holding any air for a while.

6. Night life

Night life F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2007
    The city that rhymes with fun in Canada
    Full Name:
    Roberto
    Stories like this always make my blood boil, there are some ignorant ppl out there with no respect & for whatever reason 50% of ppl seem to really hate Ferrari's in particular.

In my Lambo I find ppl are intimidated by it, they look at the car in my blind spot usually, or won't look at me in the eye when I park. In the Ferrari I had 50% of ppl give me positive feedback or thumbs up, the other 50% was either the middle finger or worse lol.

Things changed when I bought the Mclaren, it always gets positive feed back from everyone 100% of the time, all I can think of is that the brand hasn't had time to become pretentious in ppl's perception, at least not yet ;)

_JERRY_ likes this.
  7. Dphotos

Dphotos Rookie

Jul 1, 2019
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Southern California
    I would had called the police. You had the license number of the car and you had a Home Depot employee witness the act. I am glad you did not confront the man. Sorry but I could never live in an open carry state like that. This is worse than the western days when many towns require people to check their guns in.before entering a town. What give this Yahoo the right to touch your property.

8. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Hi Zack,

I'm so sorry to hear this. I've had strange things happen to my other cars in the past that boggles the mind. Do you guys remember that stealing emblems from cars was all the rage in the 90s 00s? Does that still happen? I've had to replace my emblems a number of times from what I assume kids stealing them.

Agreed with others here, calling the police and letting them handle them is the best way forward. I wouldn't be surprised if this clown has a record of self destructive behavior (that he blames on others of course)

9. AMG5pt4

AMG5pt4 Rookie

Mar 13, 2013
    Have been an F-Chat member for a couple of years, but have never owned a Ferrari. After reading this post, not sure I want to. I admire the Ferrari mystique and the passionate owners, but some toady messing with my car for childish reasons would be difficult to handle. Sorry this happened to you and your 430. Glad the car was not damaged.

paulchua likes this.
  10. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    This is one of the best and classy things I've heard about. You are a true gentlemen.

sampelligrino likes this.
  11. rngssw

rngssw Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2017
    Illinois, USA
    O
    Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using FerrariChat.com mobile app

12. 911&F430

911&F430 Karting

Oct 14, 2014
    Atlanta
    Agree 100%.

I prob would have called police in this situation. Vandalizing the car needs to be a negative experience for the jerk.

KC360 FL likes this.
  13. Brian Hardy

Brian Hardy Rookie

Jun 28, 2019
    Bay Area
    Full Name:
    NorCal Reader
    Well I just get my first Ferrari, and I was discussing the car with my insurance agent. She told me the number one source of claims for Ferraris was vandalism. Naturally, that makes me more than a little cautious about where, when and how long I want to park the car.

14. datjat

datjat Rookie

Sep 24, 2013
    Unfortunately Point A to Point A is the safest and most conservative way to drive these cars, with 1 exception. That being in a car club group like an FCOA event. There is safety in numbers and a car club is a good way to have peace of mind and enjoy your car at the same time.

tonyswfla likes this.
  15. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    was just thinking i would respond similarly.
    when i have been the victim of this type of behavior, my initial reaction is for revenge, but then as i think about it i realize that at the end of the day, the perp is a scumbag, probably has a ****ty life, and a ****ty future, and will always be stuck in this negative lifestyle, and i am not.
    i have too much to lose to lower myself to this level, so i dont.

i am also a believer in karma; bad **** happens to people like this, and i dont cry over it.

16. rightstuff

rightstuff Rookie

Feb 19, 2014
    Cincinnati
    Zack. Sorry to hear, but I can go you one better. Parked my 1983 308 Quatrovalve out - waaay out - at the edge of a Home Depot parking lot. I was inside the store for quite a while, came out and drove home. Entering my neighborhood I heard a rumbling sound, a loud crack and abruptly the car stopped, with a screech from my rear left wheel. When I got out, I saw that the wheel had come off, shearing 3 lugs and breaking off the brake caliper from the hub forging. I couldn't believe it. Apparently, some one had loosened my wheel lugs, just enough so they would slowly back out.- strictly speaking, attempted murder.

17. johncasale

johncasale Karting

May 18, 2006
    Full Name:
    John

I would have gone back to Home Depot and asked if they had video surveillance of the parking lot. This dude needs to be caught for what he did to your car!

Texasrecurve and Daddy like this.
  18. jonathancharlescue@gmail.

Dec 24, 2010
    Lexington Battle Green
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    Zack that sucks. I don't understand how anyone can justify doing that bs.

I just returned from Italy and the Fcars I saw were parked everywhere: grocery stores, public lots, shopping centers. I even saw a 430 parked on the street behind a 328. Why the difference?

Attached Files:

• 01.JPG
      01.JPG
      File size:
      98.8 KB
      Views:
    • 1.JPG
      1.JPG
      File size:
      117.6 KB
      Views:
    • 2.JPG
      2.JPG
      File size:
      101.7 KB
      Views:
  19. SavagePower

SavagePower Rookie

Jul 10, 2019
    UK
    So sorry to hear this. You made the right call. Absolute end that other guy. At the end of the day you’re alive and he ain’t driving a Ferrari. Stay safe man.

pdxjim488 likes this.
  20. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    #95 BJK, Aug 10, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2019
  21. richard.watkins@comcast.n

Jun 4, 2014
    Palm Springs CA
    Full Name:
    Rick Watkins
    Here in Portland, OR it is the City that hates cars. I can't tell how many times I have seen smiles and a thumbs up, particularly people of color. (Yes, I am white and old.) That being said, the members in the NWFCA share the opinion that there is no value in "advertising" your Ferrari. Hence, I stick to the club events. The cars never go out in public anymore, not even to work.

one4torque likes this.
  22. kes7u

kes7u Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2017
    Shorewood, MN
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Congratulations. For however in the world that fits into the discussion....

Kevin

Sent from my SM-G930P using FerrariChat.com mobile app

23. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Clean up on aisle 12, let me delete all posts that are political later today, we have a forum for that of you want to continue discussion on that topic.

kes7u likes this.
  24. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Holy smokes, that is truly abhorrent.

25. Keith360

Keith360 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2015
    Santa Barbara County
    Full Name:
    Keith Williams
    It scares me of what the negative outcome would have been.