Finally got my F430 on island. | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Finally got my F430 on island.

Discussion in 'Hawaii' started by Hawaii Brit, Jun 15, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Hawaii Brit

Hawaii Brit Karting
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2018
    Honolulu
    Thanks. It’s was around $900 via matson. All went really smoothly. They did a great job.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    That’s a bargain, cost me more to get a car to California.

Love the F430 spider. Has aged so well, and stunning exterior.

Hawaii Brit likes this.
  3. F355steve

F355steve Formula 3

Apr 9, 2008
    Honolulu - Seattle - Okinawa
    Full Name:
    Steve
    $900 is a good price. I have shipped 3 cars from Seattle to Honolulu in the past years, $1,100 each time. I have shipped one car back to Seattle from Honolulu and was cheaper at $870. Those were all through Matson. I also have shipped commercial buses from LA to Honolulu recently but that is a whole different game right there! $8k + through PASHA.

The experience through PASHA was marginally better, not great by any means though.

4. C50

C50 Formula 3

Aug 19, 2016
    How well do you guys think the longshoremen treat Ferraris before and after it’s on the ship?
    I wonder if they’re too busy to do a little drive around the docks or are some burn-outs part of the white-glove service?

5. Hawaii Brit

Hawaii Brit Karting
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2018
    Honolulu
    I was super concerned at the f430 getting damaged. Was super relieved when it arrived in top condition. And they were super helpful on getting it jumped. I’ll check the price. I remember thinking it was cheaper than I’d expected.

6. Hawaii Brit

Hawaii Brit Karting
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2018
    Honolulu
    I was totally visualizing them racing around the docks. Very Ferris Buehler scene. The mileage seemed ok and there was no Damage. I got the impression they took good care of it so as not to deal with the wrath of an annoyed owner. Everyone I spoke with were interested in chatting on the car. Second time I shipped a car. So might just be luckily occurrence.

C50 likes this.
  7. Bob in Makiki

Bob in Makiki Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 30, 2017
    Honolulu
    Hawaii Brit likes this.
  8. F355steve

F355steve Formula 3

Apr 9, 2008
    Honolulu - Seattle - Okinawa
    Full Name:
    Steve
    When I shipped my F355 to Honolulu 4 years ago someone pressed what must have been every button in the vehicle. My car arrived with a completely dead battery after a 10-12 day trip. Jumping it at the port was kind of a pain and it delayed me getting the car also. When I jumped it there the hazards were flashing among other things. When I got it home I found that the overhead light was on. Someone pressed the button on the center console for the overhead light on the car when it was shipped and the light was on the whole trip. Hence my dead battery. Welcome to Hawaii for me, lol

9. Hawaii Brit

Hawaii Brit Karting
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2018
    Honolulu
    HI, I checked. it was $1,070