F8 Tributo VS | Page 4 | FerrariChat

F8 Tributo VS

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by ajr550, Jun 5, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
  2. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Interesting my dealer just smiles when I ask. But did say need a F8 to qualify, not a 488. Time will tell however not the fact that ours cars will not have the GPF , because we wont but the fact that VS models have carBon which is a no for me. Frankly speaking why as that's the PISTA.

But what if the VS had the 4 liter SF90 engine ? Hum

3. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    So if there is a vs version of the f8, and it’s only available to owners of the f8, if you thought depreciation on the 488 was bad, f8 is gonna blow the concept of deprecation to kingdom come!

4. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #79 Shadowfax, Aug 11, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2019
    Yup. There will be a whole new meaning to the saying taking a bath....or swallowing a pill.

The biggest problem I foresee now these new Ferrari's are beginning to weigh too much is that the all electric cars coming out which will have same or better straight line performance are going to send these high value cars into a tailspin. You only need to read whats happening with the Taycan and how much that will be sold for. Scary days ahead for resale values. And it's only the beginning.

5. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    There's just no way to know. The F8 breaks Ferrari's pattern from the past 20 or so years, so we're in uncharted territory. And even if we were in charted territory, they can always surprise us- that's one of the things that makes Ferrari unique and fun! Its only natural to speculate but I've learned they can decide at almost the last possible moment, so aside from the fun of discussing what if, we should be enjoying our 488, Pista, F8 etc. But for sport, they are in the business of selling dreams in the form of cars, so it's hard to see them passing up the chance to sell another.

AlfistaPortoghese, C50 and MANDALAY like this.
  6. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    I doubt that the VS would have a significantly different engine. Ferrari has generally offered other kinds of tweaks when it comes to the engine of the more special track models.

But time will tell. When do you think the VS F8 will be revealed? 2022?

7. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Initially the first criteria to get a Pista was to own a 488 - but there were other possibilities (e.g. owning a Speciale, and then buying a Lusso or whatever). They could do the same for the F8 VS, expecting an even more clever marketing because they've tested extensively with the Pista. How the market will evolve in the coming few years will also influence them; they want to sell as many cars as possible but with the highest possible margin - typically these two goals are in contradiction, so they'll need to adjust the balance permanently.

AlfistaPortoghese likes this.
  8. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    My dealer said the F8 Speciale will only be offered to those on the same criteria as the Pista. First time F8 buyers will not receive an allocation.

AlfistaPortoghese likes this.
  9. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    You speak as if it's a given? How reliable can you honestly say the info is? My dealer is maintaining position there won't be one and he's already got my money on Pista so has no need to BS me (at this stage).

Either way, not keen on the criteria as the hit on F8 is bound to set new world records.

Caeruleus11 and F1 corsa like this.
  10. carlom001

carlom001 Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2010
    Hi Angelo - just catching up on this thread. Sorry to dispel your theory on the plates. I think you are referring to the Victoria personalised plates. I got the SF90 plates based on some good intel I read on FChat well before the announcement. Dealer was equally unhappy I got there first! Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    My dealer has my deposit and I the spec'd F8. He was pertinacious in his certainty that the F8 Speciale will be a reality and the production cycle of the F8 will definitely be less than 3 years. He also advised that I would not be offered an allocation for the F8 Speciale even with my purchase of the F8. All his comments are not self serving in my case. Precisely the opposite. In essence, he is warning me that the F8 will be available only for a short period, the super version of this car will be introduced in the not too distant future and I will not be offered one to purchase.Hardly an inducement to purchase a car that will see its value decline precipitously.

of2worlds, Lukeylikey and Jo Sta7 like this.
  12. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    If my dealer is accurate and he has been habitually very vague in the past so I have no reson not to believe him, buyers of the F8 will undoubtedly be the owner of a highly capable car but one that will depreciate at a rate heretofore never previously experienced.

13. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Would have thought the last of the non hybrid status might support F8 prices in the long run?

Especially seeing how prices seem to ratcheting up .

14. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    This would be the case if it were not for the F8 Speciale. The F8 then becomes the second to last all ICE engine. Not much special about that.

15. Texas2step

Texas2step Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2018
    Full Name:
    Bola olusola
    I think most buyers of any new non limited Ferrari are aware of the current climate and will not be surprised about the depreciation. In addition if the car is “capable “ and reliable if you keep the car then there is no depreciation

luckyguy, 635CSI and MANDALAY like this.
  16. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Exactly. You must be prepared to keep the car for a long time. Unfortunately, my wonderlust impedes me from owning a car for any prolonged period of time, especially with so many new models on the horizon. The F8 will certainly be a great car but not sufficiently special to qualify as a keeper.

17. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Well, it may be the last "budget" car not downsized / hybrid - the real last being the F8 VS, but this one might have an overinflated price with some ready to pay for its collector's value rather than for is intrinsic qualities (which may be just marginally better than those of the F8).
    OK I'm speculating here, but not on cars, just on guesses ;)

18. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    #93 MANDALAY, Aug 12, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
    Well done !!!! When the Super fast was announced the SF812 was already at the dealer.

F8 gone :(

I do have IMOLA as that was the reported name that was going to be the 599. Oh well maybe in the future

Your plates are gonna be worth a pretty penny, again well done.

19. PerthBloke

PerthBloke Rookie

Jun 10, 2014
    Perth WA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Well done I missed out on the Western Australia versions, dealer says he didn’t get them either. I did manage to get F8TRIBUTO on WA plates, they hold them at the licensing place here so I have to make do with a letter to display. No intention of buying the car to go with them so plate for sale!

Art_collector likes this.
  20. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    you might change your mind after driving one :)

21. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    I hope so.

22. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    We can only have 6 letters/numbers on our plates in VIC :(

PerthBloke likes this.
  23. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    I am not personally too worried about F8 depreciation. I think it will be better than 488, or maybe similar. There won’t be as many of them, it is prettier, in fact very pretty. It has the Pista’s basic engine and similar power and torque. It will drive great and its price is significantly lower than Pista so less distance to fall. It will never be lower than a 488 and it probably won’t be less than a 458 until maybe they are all long-time classics, which will not bother first owners. If a 760hp VS came, for a short run, available to select owners, that would command a premium for a while. All meaning that for at least 18 months F8 should be just fine IMV.

Those first-time buyers that everyone keeps on about, the 30% at the end of the line, they may just have a little more of a problem. But that will be a nice test of whether they love Ferrari. A wonderful and exotic car for more dollars depreciation than a Beemer will still seem a fair deal if you want a Ferrari for why Enzo would have wanted you to want a Ferrari.

JAM1 likes this.
  24. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I am still being told that there will NOT be a special edition F8. Time will tell though and Ferrari being a whore throws everything out the window.

Caeruleus11 and SoCal to az like this.
  25. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    There is no difference between Pista engine and F8. Same internals, same turbos and cooling.
    Difference in only in the exhaust because of the PF.
    If anything the engine should be making more engine power (not wheel) than Pista because a car with PF loses 5% power due to constrictions.