What did you do to your Mondial today? | Page 7 | FerrariChat

What did you do to your Mondial today?

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by ddenboer, Dec 26, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JLF

JLF Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2009
    Do you know if you have to remove the bumper to get those lights out? I’m going to try and polish mine.

2. Jeka

Jeka Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 20, 2010
    Rotterdam
    Full Name:
    Johan
    That looks very nice! What foil did you use?

3. Dino2400

Dino2400 Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 21, 2009
    To apply the foil it is not necessary to remove the units. If you wish to remove them the bumper doesn't need to come of. Just remove the upper part (indicator) of your unit and you will find the screws which has to be removed.

3M, my experience is that is quite easy to apply. With a hairdryer you can wrap the foil around the corners very well. A pro could do it even better i think but for now i'm satisfied with the result. Replacement foglight/units are very hard (read: almost impossible...) to find. Especially the EU ones. We should take some extra care for them.

Jeka likes this.
  4. JLF

JLF Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2009
    #154 JLF, Jul 11, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
    Thanks for reply Dino. I did remove the screws from the plastic turn signal on top but it wouldn’t move so I thought it is more difficult than just removing the screws.

5. Mechanical Dad

Mechanical Dad Formula Junior

Aug 30, 2016
    East Aurora NY
    Full Name:
    Josh
  6. matfo

matfo Rookie

Aug 1, 2013
    Sweden
    Finally got to mount the 18” 355 Challenge rims. The front tyres is 225/45 and rear is 255/40. I just took a short test drive and it seems to work fine although it’s really tight on the inside in the front. Could maybe add a thin spacer there to get a little more clearance. Rear seems fine but there is already a 15 mm spacer added there.

Next I will need to find suitable centre caps for a resonable price. I would like them to have black instead of yellow bakgrund color but haven’t found any yet in the right size. Any suggestions of where I can find caps is appreciated.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Skickat från min iPhone med FerrariChat

MvT, BillyD, Mechanical Dad and 2 others like this.
  7. matfo

matfo Rookie

Aug 1, 2013
    Sweden
    MvT likes this.
  8. moysiuan

moysiuan F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2005
    Canada
    Getting a bit chilly in the evenings, so I put the roof up for the first time since April. Original roof, still in great condition!

Car stays on the road until the salt hits the roads, so probably still a few weeks to go for the Toronto driving season.

9. greatscott73

greatscott73 Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2017
    Eastern Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Howard Scott
    Drained the transfer case/gearbox and refilled with Redline MTL. It is amazing how this basically cures the balky-when-cold second gear issue.

Il Steeg likes this.
  10. Il Steeg

Il Steeg Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

JLF, Drewbdo and Allen S. like this.
  11. MvT

MvT F1 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    The Netherlands - NH
    Full Name:
    Tijn
    Besides the fact that they are a weight saver they are very sweet! I like magnesium wheels, especially the 348 challenge ones!

Tutte originale center caps Part 75834 or Part #70001379 if you want carbon:
    https://shop.munsterhuissportscars.nl/nl/product/75834/ferrari-black-center-caps-ferrari-genuine
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Ferrari-Carbon-Fibre-Centre-Wheel-Caps-Set-70001379-/362446311889

They should fit every Ferrari, but have a cross check by calling your local dealer I would say.

12. matfo

matfo Rookie

Aug 1, 2013
    Sweden
    Thanks for the links, however I was looking for something a bit cheaper. I found used, yellow/black, ones at eurospares for a very reasonable price so I will try them and see how it looks.

13. greatscott73

Sep 1, 2017
    Eastern Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Howard Scott
    Window in driver door was getting pretty slow, so decided to open everything up, take everything apart, clean and regrease everything and reassemble. A couple hours of work yielded great results as window almost acts like a normal, non Ferrari window now!:D
    I am grateful my 87 has the more modern mechanism similar to the quarter window set-ups instead of the earlier cable design. Not sure I would have been as anxious to attack that contraption.

Drewbdo likes this.
  14. MvT

MvT F1 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    The Netherlands - NH
    Full Name:
    Tijn
    We want to see as well :):) Eurospares is a good place to hunt for parts!

matfo likes this.
  15. cianfichi

cianfichi Rookie

Oct 21, 2013
    Thanks Rob! So just the one screw at the rear and the front rakes use double sided adhesive tape? On my 3.2 someone actually used a small screw on the outside to hold the top rake -- drivers side. And my pass side rakes are loose. Def needs some attention and reapplication.
    Vince

16. WilyB

WilyB F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 23, 2007
    AZ
    #166 WilyB, Oct 23, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2019
    alexion, djs308, JLF and 2 others like this.
  17. stekkefun4

stekkefun4 Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2006
    Belgium - Europe
    Darn, it's a pity you posted this picture just now, I would have included it on my Mondial 2020 calendar for sure! Fantastic picture with the mountains in the background!

WilyB and Drewbdo like this.
  18. greatscott73

Sep 1, 2017
    Eastern Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Howard Scott
    moysiuan, WilyB, matfo and 1 other person like this.
  19. JLF

JLF Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2009
    What product Scott

20. greatscott73

Sep 1, 2017
    Eastern Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Howard Scott
  21. JLF

JLF Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2009
  22. matfo

matfo Rookie

Aug 1, 2013
    Sweden
    It turned out that they only had one used cap so I ordered four new ones from them. I think it turned out pretty ok actually.
    Took a short ride today before washing and rolling into the garage and putting in hibernation over the winter.

Allen S. likes this.
  23. BillyD

BillyD Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 28, 2004
    Pacific Northwest
    Full Name:
    Bill
    I waited for the mailman for my Belgium Fuse Board. It took a lazy week long cruise across the Atlantic before finally flying across USA to my waiting hands. Dam Porch Pirates didn’t get they’re human scum hands on this mail.

stekkefun4 and MvT like this.
  24. JLF

JLF Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2009
    Great wheels, what are they?